Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest ttfn

Boro player ratings

Its obviously not aimed at those who support him though. He has been subject to enough shit from enough idiots to say fair enough. Those idiots would probably say, 'pay my fvckin moneh so i'll say worrevoh I like' which is fair enough, but when a player gives a little back, I dont think we should turn into 5 year old girls quite so quickly.

Well obviously not. But he cupped his ear to the away section with fans in there that get behind him. Wrong thing to do for me. Nothing wrong with saying I don't like what he did.

Don't agree with everyone saying there disappointed with Drinkys celebration. It's a clear message that the players do hear the criticism and shows he cares about it. Drinky was one of our best players at the start of last season and got a lot of flack for it when his form dipped. He's a young lad and an important cog in our team...he will only improve with experience also.

It's about time some of our fans stand by our players during the bad times and back them rather than just writing them off after a few bad games

Don't agree with everyone saying there disappointed with Drinkys celebration. It's a clear message that the players do hear the criticism and shows he cares about it. Drinky was one of our best players at the start of last season and got a lot of flack for it when his form dipped. He's a young lad and an important cog in our team...he will only improve with experience also.

It's about time some of our fans stand by our players during the bad times and back them rather than just writing them off after a few bad games

This. Eveyone is allowed their opinion but if a player plays badly, saying, 'he's fvcking shit, overpaid twat' isnt exactly constructive.

Really hope this is the season when it ALL comes together. Fans, players, management and owners.

Well obviously not. But he cupped his ear to the away section with fans in there that get behind him. Wrong thing to do for me. Nothing wrong with saying I don't like what he did.

If you think he was wrong thats fair enough. I just think that if you support the player against the boo boys, then this celebration should just re-enforce that stance.

Completely respect your opinion that he was wrong though.

If you think he was wrong thats fair enough. I just think that if you support the player against the boo boys, then this celebration should just re-enforce that stance.

Completely respect your opinion that he was wrong though.

Just hope it doesn't backfire on him that's all. You can end up looking very foolish if so.

If he carries on with the way he played today then he won't do. Met him at Birmingham airport last year. Lovely bloke, even took the time to say bye to us after he finished his Burger King.

Gallagher did it and people said 'he should because of all the abuse he gets'. Drinkwater does it and it's a different story. I think Vardy might have even done it as well but cannot remember as I was to ecstatic and jumping all over the place.

Gallagher gets booed on to the pitch, I don't think Drinkwater gets that much criticism at the ground.

Anyway, if he produces the performances and scores goals he can celebrate how he likes.

Gallagher gets booed on to the pitch, I don't think Drinkwater gets that much criticism at the ground.

Anyway, if he produces the performances and scores goals he can celebrate how he likes.

No vardy did the michu celebration

Kasper 7 - Wasn't overly troubled, one very decent save. Kicking was good.

RDL 7 - A great asset for us up and down on the right hand side.

Konch 6 - Hasn't got the energy that De Laet has but his experience is very useful.

Whitbread NA.

Morgan 6 - Solid, but went ball watching for their goal.

Ledge 5 - Fouled for their goal maybe? Tough afternoon all round.

Drinkwater 8 - A goal and kept us ticking second half.

King 6 - His touch was quite poor today, industrious as ever though.

James 6 - A bit shaky here and there. Gave the ball away a few times.

Wood 5 - Offered little. Didn't jump for the ball at all in the first half. No influence on the game whatsoever. But in his defence, hoofing it up to him won't help.

Vardy 7 - Wasnt really in it first half, but had a great second half.

Moore 7 - Gave the ball away leading up to their goal with a needless pass, otherwise he was rock solid.

Nuge 7 - Linked up ever so well with Vardy. Should've squared one when chose to shoot but looked a lot better when he came on.

There was a reason us fans criticised him last season, from January onwards he was woeful, the manager obviously agreed. First half todays he was average but after the goal he was transformed, HE ACTUALLY PASSED FORWARDS!

Kasper - 8 - did what he had to do very well

St Ledger - 6 - Was fine untill he switched sides but coped well in second half after Boro picked on him

Morgan - 7 - Standard Wes domination

Whitbread - 5 - Standard long ball nonsense

RDL - 7 - Not used enough, wingbacks playing to high up but did very well

Konch - 6 - Played too high up the field, some decent crosses in the second half

Drinkwater - 8 - Score based on what he did after he scored, dominated.

James - 6 - Nothing too noticeable, was a bit negative in his passing, okay though

King - 7 - Better second half and was good defensivey

Wood - 6 - Didn't play to his strengths, kept lumping it forward to him

Vardy - 7 - Was his usual inept self untill Drinky scored then he was possessed

subs

Moore - 8 - Superb, brave, competent, should be starting

Nugent - 7 - Not usually a fan but was very intelligent today

Kasper - so nice to have a goalkeeper of genuine class. Didn't have to do anything spectacular but you never feel there's a silly mistake coming.- 7

Morgan - just a fairly average game. Solid. Didn't do anything wrong - 6

Whitbread - maybe a bit harsh given how little he played but still found time for some hoofs - 5

St Ledger - poor game. An OG and nearly a very costly mistake. Got bullied by Juke and you awlays sense a mistake is coming - 4

De Laet - tireless up and down that flank - 8 (MOTM)

Konchesky - poor start but got some shots away and had a good second half - 7

King - did the little things well - 7

James - much akin to King, didn't really get into the game massively - 7

Drinkwater - poorish first half, great second half salvaged him - 8

Wood - never in the game - 5

Vardy - worked very hard, had some nice touches and a sublime finish - 8

Subs:

Moore - fantastic. Slotted in with ease and was bullish in defending second half - 8

Nugent - gave us so many more options in the final third and had a real impact - 7

Kasper - 7 - Didn't really have to do much

St Ledger - 6 - Some good defending at times but looked a liability. Good finish for their goal

Morgan - 7 - Looked a bit shaky first half but solid game

Whitbread - 6 - very average until the injury

Konch - 5 - blatantly out of position

RDL - 8 - only player in the first half that looked dangerous. Great game

King - 8 - did everything he needed to. Very good

James - 7 - didn't really stand out for me but did what was needed

Drinkwater - 6 - personally thought he was quite poor. Great goal, awful celebration

Wood - 4 - didn't look interested in the slightest

Vardy - 9 - class.

Nugent - 8 - completely changed the game for the better

Moore - 8 - absolutely solid

De Laet and Moore stand out performers for me today. Drinky looked more like the Drinky of first half of last season in the second half today. Celebration grinds my gears a bit cos it lumps us all in together even those of us who don't give him grief. Just smacks of immaturity really but hey ho, if he plays like that consistently nobody will have anything to complain about.

De Laet and Moore stand out performers for me today. Drinky looked more like the Drinky of first half of last season in the second half today. Celebration grinds my gears a bit cos it lumps us all in together even those of us who don't give him grief. Just smacks of immaturity really but hey ho, if he plays like that consistently nobody will have anything to complain about.

Hands clapping thing.

Regarding the celebration, I don't know how much stick he has received, be it today or preseason or last season, but personally I would like to see players focussing on the game and celebrating when they do something well, like score a good goal, because it is important, not using it as an opportunity to make a statement. The fact that drinkwater felt the need to celebrate like that says two things, one, some of our fans are dicks, two, this is playing on the players' minds when they should be concentrating on winning a football match.

I hope he comes out and says that he was doing to encourage the fans to sing louder, even that is bollocks.

With the celebration I would happily take players scoring every week and making a point that way than sitting on twitter with their friends complaint about fans and not getting games.

Get your head down put in a good shift, score a goal and you can celebrate or say what the hell you like

Schmeichel 7 Wasn't really troubled in all honesty. Distribution was better second half when he didn't have Wood to aim at, so no temptation to kick it long.

De Laet 7 Was fairly solid at both ends of the pitch. His pace is a huge asset, particularly at wing back.

Ledge 4 Was run ragged all afternoon. Thought he was fairly steady until Whitbread went off, but looked so uncomfortable on the left hand side.

Morgan 6 Quiet first half but was more involved and commanding in the second.

Whitbread 4 Hope the injury isn't too bad. Before that he gave away a free kick everytime the ball came near him, either that or he hoofed it into row Z.

Konchesky 6 Had a terrible first 10 minutes where he couldn't do anything right. After that had a couple of decent shots and coped quite well I thought.

James 5 Very disappointing for me. First touch let him down continually. Didn't provide any kind of spark.

Drinkwater 7 Much, much better. Back to the player we saw at the start of last season. Played the attacking role of the three midfielders and did it very well. Beautiful goal too, I couldn't give a toss about his celebration.

King 7 He was woeful first half, but second half he seemed to be everywhere, made so many vital interceptions and challenges.

Wood 5 Poor. No aerial presence at all. Other than long hopeless balls, he had no service. We're a much better side when he doesn't play.

Vardy 8 Constant threat all second half. Him & Nuge look a real partnership. Classy finish for his goal, which was well deserved.

Moore 8 MOTM. Outstanding when he came on. Really looked like he wanted to win and impress, threw himself in the way of everything.

Nugent 7 Think the momentum was already with us when he came on, but he still made a difference. Linked up nicely with Vardy and held the ball up well for us. Hopefully he returns to full match fitness soon, as he needs to be starting.

Schmeichel - 7. Can't really comment. Boro didn't really test him and there was nothing he could do about the goal.

Whitbread - N/A

Morgan - 7. Good enough performance from him.

St Ledger - 5. This bloke doesn't convince me at all I'm afraid.

De Laet - 7. He'll flourish in this formation. Said for a lot of last season he's more of a right winger than right back and a combination of the two looks to be the answer. He'll be key for us this year.

Konchesky - 6. I don't think he's as bad in LWB as people make him out to be, but he's no De Laet.

Drinkwater - 7. Game of two halves. Terrible first half and very good second. Excellent goal too.

James - 6. Not bad but not great either, seen better.

King - 8. MOTM for me. Just me who was really impressed by him? Won the ball a lot more than he gets credit for (because he doesn't go flying in like certain players) and looked very tidy on the ball too.

Wood - 4. I'm seriously beginning to question this bloke. He can finish but other than that, what can he do?

Vardy - 7. See Drinkwater. I'm not going to blue tint the first half as he hardly touched it, but that second half is the player we paid a million for. Far more like it.

Subs;

Moore - 7. Very good display. I'd start him against Leeds.

Nugent - 7. He looked a class above Wood I thought. Very lively (for someone who was rated 50/50) and linked up well with Vardy. I'm actually beginning to wonder if it's worth sticking with Vardy/Nugent again for a while. Laugh all you want, call me fickle, but that pairing brought us better results last year than Wood/Nugent.

Archived