Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest ttfn

Boro player ratings

Schmeichel 7

St Ledger 5

Morgan 7

Whitbread 6

De Laet 8 - Excellent, albeit isolated.

Konchesky 5.5

James 6

King 6

Drinkwater 6 - great goal, cvntish celebration.

Wood 5

Vardy 7 - 5 first half, 9 second

Subs:

Moore 8

Nugent 7

Schmeichel 7

St Ledger 5

Morgan 7

Whitbread 6

De Laet 8 - Excellent, albeit isolated.

Konchesky 5.5

James 6

King 6

Drinkwater 6 - great goal, cvntish celebration.

Wood 5

Vardy 7 - 5 first half, 9 second

Subs:

Moore 8

Nugent 7

Why, he hasn't had much support, especially when he's needed it.

cvntish celebration maybe, but aimed at the plenty of cvnts we have. Fvck 'em

The players & manager have eluded to this quite a bit, good to see a player highlight it - Maybe those that need to, will take it on board and start pulling in the same direction. Although I doubt it.

Your ratings sound very much like the game sounded... apart from maybe Drinky (although that's probably being picky, and of course I was in my armchair, not there like your good self) who sounded like he gave us the impetus we needed and shone a lot more than his colleagues in the middle.

Cupped his hand to ear...

I didn't like it either. Especially when there's fans that get behind him. I wonder if he'd do that was he to have a bad game.

I didn't like it either. Especially when there's fans that get behind him. I wonder if he'd do that was he to have a bad game.

Understand that.

Away fans certainly not the best fans to do it to,

But the manager has eluded to this issue, without directly mentioning it, a couple of players have too

Good to have it highlighted & out in the open, even if it wasn't the best place to do it - especially with such good support on a long arduous trip

Exactly.

I and many others save our criticisms for away from the ground. If you can't take a bit of well-reasoned and justified stick for four months of poor form then he should find another profession.

If I produced poor work for that period of time and produced one bit of good work I certainly wouldn't be lauding it over my critics.

The season is 46 games long. Lets have more of today's second half Drinkwater next week.

Nice goal Danny.

Nothing wrong with Drinky's celebration.

Don't get all the 'If you can't take a bit of well-reasoned and justified stick for four months of poor form then he should find another profession.'.

There was no well-reasoned or justification behind the stick the players and management have got pre-season. The real football began today, after gaining the 3 points, the defeats and performances against monaco and northampton mean nothing.

First half was horrible, but I thought we were superb second half. Nige must have got into them.

Kasper 7.5

De Laet 7

Moore 7

Morgan 7

St Ledger 6

Konchesky 6

(Whitbread 5 - gives to many fouls away and his distribution is rubbish. only knows one way)

Drinkwater 7.5

King 6

James 6

Vardy 7.5

Wood 6

_____

Nugent 7.5 - His runs really changed it

It's refreshing to see a player hit back at those who constantly target him. Show's he's got a bit more about him than we expected. Had a good game, and silenced any critics he may have had, and let's not look too much into it - the elation of scoring an equaliser/world class goal/our first goal of the season can lead to actions that are easily misunderstood. 

G'WON  DANNY!!

Its obviously not aimed at those who support him though. He has been subject to enough shit from enough idiots to say fair enough. Those idiots would probably say, 'pay my fvckin moneh so i'll say worrevoh I like' which is fair enough, but when a player gives a little back, I dont think we should turn into 5 year old girls quite so quickly.

Nothing wrong with Drinky's celebration.

Don't get all the 'If you can't take a bit of well-reasoned and justified stick for four months of poor form then he should find another profession.'.

There was no well-reasoned or justification behind the stick the players and management have got pre-season. The real football began today, after gaining the 3 points, the defeats and performances against monaco and northampton mean nothing.

Not talking about pre-season.

Talking about one win in 13. During which time Drinkwater, a well-paid professional, played very, very poorly.

He's a good player, hopefully we'll see more of the sort of 7-8/10 performances that he produced in the second half over 90 minutes in the coming weeks.

He was a berk. It's done. Lets move on.

Understand that.

Away fans certainly not the best fans to do it to,

But the manager has eluded to this issue, without directly mentioning it, a couple of players have too

Good to have it highlighted & out in the open, even if it wasn't the best place to do it - especially with such good support on a long arduous trip

Disappointed to hear about DD celebration. Our fans aren't unique, you get haters at all clubs, he needs to learn to manage it mentally and not fight it.

The moment he hits bad form, which is inevitable over a whole season fans will be on his back, his head will go down and he will be out the team.

Disappointed to hear about DD celebration. Our fans aren't unique, you get haters at all clubs, he needs to learn to manage it mentally and not fight it.

The moment he hits bad form, which is inevitable over a whole season fans will be on his back, his head will go down and he will be out the team.

Such a shame that when the bad patch of form hits, there will be too many in the queue waiting to say, 'told you he was shit'. But when he's playing well those same people will sit on their hands and say fvck all.

Obafemi Martins did backflips when he scored but Newcastle fans didn't think he was implying that he was off to join the circus. He could have ripped his shorts off and windmilled an old lady in our supporters end for all I care he scored a very important goal for us!

Obafemi Martins did backflips when he scored but Newcastle fans didn't think he was implying that he was off to join the circus. He could have ripped his shorts off and windmilled an old lady in our supporters end for all I care he scored a very important goal for us!

This might be the stupidest parallel I've seen drawn on here. Martins was doing an acrobatic celebration directed at no-one, DD was doing a critical celebration directed at our own fans - the two are incomparable.

Still, I agree with Davie - if you aren't prepared for players to say "well that's shown you", perhaps you shouldn't be giving them abuse in the first place.

Gallagher did it and people said 'he should because of all the abuse he gets'. Drinkwater does it and it's a different story. I think Vardy might have even done it as well but cannot remember as I was to ecstatic and jumping all over the place.

Lets be honest, there's stick, which some players have certainly deserved with their performances. Then there is abuse, which is well over the top and out of order, I've seen a fair amount of fans giving him and others abuse when there is no need for what is said.

Archived