Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BenKimberlin

Harry Kane

I think the thing with Kane was that he was sat on a 5-year deal at Spurs, had already had a decent loan spell at Millwall... what did he have to gain by coming here?

Fitness is about the only thing I can think of. He came here, didn't seem to care, probably thought he was going back to Spurs to break into their team regardless, believing his own hype. For him it was all just a bit of going through the motions, get through the little 6 month spell without getting any serious injury and then back to Spurs without a care where Leicester finished by the time he had gone.

The most concerning aspect of his loan spell was the way he was brought on in every match as if there was some clause in the loan deal stipulating that he had to get game time. If there was ever such deal (as it seemed with Lingard at times as well) then it's worrying to think that Pearson would enter into any such deal, regardless of how good he thinks that the player he wants is.

I've seen a couple of people mention these loan clauses that stipulate a player must play in every match. I find it difficult to believe it, though. For one, it would be against league rules for a third party to have influence over team selection and two, it would be counter-intuitive for all concerned; the player, the parent club and the loaning club.

If we're going to criticise Pearson's signings, can we at least name players he signed?

He said he could'nt think of worse players than Kane at the club for sometime.

Where was "signed by Pearson" in that?

I'm lost.

First thought when we signed him for me was, he's just signed a long term contract at Spurs. Where's the motivation for him to try his best and play well here? Evidentially, there wasn't any motivation whatsoever. He didn't want to get injured and probably didn't care a jot whether we went up or not. Plus for the most part he was played as a wide man or part of a front 3. Waste of time

First thought when we signed him for me was, he's just signed a long term contract at Spurs. Where's the motivation for him to try his best and play well here? Evidentially, there wasn't any motivation whatsoever. He didn't want to get injured and probably didn't care a jot whether we went up or not. Plus for the most part he was played as a wide man or part of a front 3. Waste of time

Most players go out on loan to prove they're good enough to break into their parent club's first team. That's why Michael Keane put the effort in, same with Cleverley a few years back.

I still maintain that Kane will be a decent player one day, maybe not for Spurs, but I think he could play in the Premier League. Unfortunately, he came to us at a time when we were on the decline in a big way and, like a lot of the other players in the side during that time, we didn't see anywhere near the best of him.

I've seen him play a few games for Orient and Millwall and he's looked a very tidy player, I'd like to see him back here under different circumstances, as I think he'd look a different player in an in-form team.

I've seen a couple of people mention these loan clauses that stipulate a player must play in every match. I find it difficult to believe it, though. For one, it would be against league rules for a third party to have influence over team selection and two, it would be counter-intuitive for all concerned; the player, the parent club and the loaning club.

To be honest I doubt there would have been an legally binding agreement it wouldn't have been required I would have expected it just to be verbal, if Pearson were to go against his word Spurs could have easily cancelled the loan and then themselves or other top Premiership club may not be interested in loaning to Pearson again when word gets around the agents. Don't think it would be popular with the other strikers at the club either if there was that stipulation was written into his loan agreement.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived