Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
K1FOX

Singing Section Against Derby - Capital One Cup

K put L1 to shame tonight. Where was everyone?! Literally could have had a whole row to myself last night.

A full block of singing fans next to a block a third full of singing fans. What do you expect?

We were pisspoor, but given the standard of the game (particularly in the first half) it could have been a lot worse.

You have to be realistic about these things. If we had played Derby away from home, we'd have probably have taken around 2000 (in fact, probably more). Being a night game and with slightly cheaper ticket prices, we'd have probably taken a good bunch. With a half-empty ground to sing in, we'd have outsung them like they outsung us last night. Let's face it, hardly anyone has good home support in this league, especially since the grounds are half-full at the best of times (Ipswich only got 15k or something for a league game last weekend).

Having said that, I thought Derby were a lot, lot better than they usually are (which is crap), so fair play.

We were pisspoor, but given the standard of the game (particularly in the first half) it could have been a lot worse.

You have to be realistic about these things. If we had played Derby away from home, we'd have probably have taken around 2000 (in fact, probably more). Being a night game and with slightly cheaper ticket prices, we'd have probably taken a good bunch. With a half-empty ground to sing in, we'd have outsung them like they outsung us last night. Let's face it, hardly anyone has good home support in this league, especially since the grounds are half-full at the best of times (Ipswich only got 15k or something for a league game last weekend).

Having said that, I thought Derby were a lot, lot better than they usually are (which is crap), so fair play.

Aye I agree with this. I'm not defending our home 'support' but it'd be the exact same if we were away at their place so I'm not going overboard.

Derby's end was terrific last night. I just cannot get my head round a single one of our fans who blatantly was silent all night, and ended up singing 'your support is ****ing shit' to them after we equalised. So, so embarrassing.

sat in K block which was the loudest block of the stadium, L block had about 50 people in. Didn't hear the Kop all game apart from when there player took ages to get up after being fouled. Thought N block was good after we scored. Seemed to be giving the Derby fans some stick! lol Derby were in good voice aswell 

Archived