Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manchesterred

Matty James Red Card

Pretty poor really. First tackle simply wasn't a booking and I feel that referees should give players a stern warning rather than a booking if they talk back in the manner James did. Realise that it can be an emotional game and the player probably doesn't mean to cause trouble and is just frustrated. One firm talking to and then he knows what's what.

Have to say that I agree with this..players are only human and it is a highly emotional game for most fans..even more so for players.

As long as there's no physical contact..abusive language or effin and jeffin,I think players are entitled to question a debatable call by the ref..and then get on with the game.

Of course you wouldn't, when we win refs don't get mentioned.

The first one is a tangle of legs, I'm not 1005 on the laws so if James is in front and that makes it a foul then I'll take Kitch's word for it and you can probably give that.

None of us can tell from the TV replay if the second goal is a foul or not. Impossible. As a striker myself his arms don't look to be in contact and he looks like he has hung in the air pretty damn well, more down to our substandard (again) defending at set pieces as is evident in the first goal as well.

Pretty sure we discussed the ref after the Birmingham (terrible) game and the Leeds ( would not let the game flow) one for that matter. The standard is terrible but no one is allowed to contest this? That therefore means it will never get better.

Never got any sympathy for players who get disciplined for talking back to an official.

Every other professional in other sports seems to manage not to do it, control yourself.

"You cannot be serious?"..a question..and a famous rant by the pro tennis player John McEnroe.

Never one to blame refs but when you card a first challenge he's left himself open for the critics. Let the first one go or book all players. And as for decent....give me a f!!cking break....every single player in the league tells a ref to f..k off, we see it every televised game and often hear it from terraces...joke

Pretty sure we discussed the ref after the Birmingham (terrible) game and the Leeds ( would not let the game flow) one for that matter. The standard is terrible but no one is allowed to contest this? That therefore means it will never get better.

It needs improving but the FA have to do that, running up and asking the referee questions isn't going to to anything but get yourself in trouble. (Ten times more so on a booking)

"You cannot be serious?"..a question..and a famous rant by the pro tennis player John McEnroe.

And that's so famous because it was so unusual in that sport. (and he was fined and disciplined for it from what I remember?)

Said it when I was there... after he booked James for his first foul of the match, a foul which wasn't even that bad, had no malice, just slightly mistimed, he would surely have to book EVERY single similar foul- so every single foul slide tackle, every single late challenge etc, which he failed to do, especially for their players...

Made him clearly inconsistent, and therefore a poor referee.

It's about discipline. Right or wrong the ref has to be respected. It's been said before but James knew he was on a booking, and should have acted appropriately.

The FA needs to be transparent about how refs are rated and wether or not they have made mistakes (we are all human after all(well maybe not Derby fans)). Personally I think that if video evidence highlights cheating or abuse missed by the ref, especially one leading to a win, the result should be reversed.

Never got any sympathy for players who get disciplined for talking back to an official.

Every other professional in other sports seems to manage not to do it, control yourself.

I dunno mate, some officials are so up their own arses, even on a sunday league level.

W

e had a cup final one evening, During the game I took a right elbow to my face (done deliberately) complaining to the lino did nothing, went to speak to thertef who bollocked me for daring to speak to him. I got my own back with a crunching tackle pretty much from behind soon after though lol.

Later in the game our right back had his nose broken by the same elbow. I bumped into the ref two weeks later, hed been to one of their games the following Sunday n their lads were laughing at him for missing the elbows. To be fair to the ref he apologised to me then.

Some officials are too quick to outwardly dismiss a player from talking to them.

Was watching the Hull vs Man City game last saturday, and if swearing at the ref or linesman is a straight red, half of man city's squad should have been sent off and the game abandoned. I dont understand why certain teams are allowed to get away with it tbh. One of them was blatently in front of the tv camera telling the linesman to f**k off numerouse times and didnt even get a booking.

Was watching the Hull vs Man City game last saturday, and if swearing at the ref or linesman is a straight red, half of man city's squad should have been sent off and the game abandoned. I dont understand why certain teams are allowed to get away with it tbh. One of them was blatently in front of the tv camera telling the linesman to f**k off numerouse times and didnt even get a booking.

But did he run aggressively towards him?

I know it is frustrating, but we have to learn to be whiter than white, we always seem to get punished by these stupid decisions, but if we act like that, even if everyone else does, we will always run the risk. Personally I would love to see the back of that side of the game, including what James did on Saturday. There was no need to chase after the ref.

Once again these things are "swings and roundabouts" . Refs are as inconsistent as players , we will be talking about these instances forever . Take it on the chin , he was on a yellow so really should ve not put himself in that position . He should've been booked for diving IMO .

As a former Referee, I always look at the man in the middle and his assistants during a game, whether at the King Power or on TV.

The Referee against Birmingham - when he appeared I said to my son "Oh no, not him again" following his performances in previous home games. The ref didn't disappoint again with a very poor performance and I was very surprised he actually gave us a penalty.

Many times on TV, Mr Deadman's performances have always courted controversy with decisions, bookings, etc and he is normally reffing Div 1 or 2 games, so was surprised he actually got a game in the Championship. He probably sent James off as the Assessor was in the stand monitoring his performance and wanted to impress. Just wonder what mark and report the City's management gave Mr Deadman! Any clues?

You can see why the Premiership Referees are there with not many from the lower leagues progressing as the standard seems to be getting worse, time the system examined performances more rigidly.

But did he run aggressively towards him?

I know it is frustrating, but we have to learn to be whiter than white, we always seem to get punished by these stupid decisions, but if we act like that, even if everyone else does, we will always run the risk. Personally I would love to see the back of that side of the game, including what James did on Saturday. There was no need to chase after the ref.

So as long as you dont run up to the ref you can shout at him to f**k off? I thought swearing at the officials was a straight red? whereas running up to the ref seems to be a yellow?

The whole things bloody ridiculous! !

Archived