Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Yeovil Player Ratings

Kasper 6 - little to do, kicking was doggo tonight.

RDL 7 - defended well and won the penalty.

Konch 7 - steady in defence and attack.

Morgan 7 - standard

Moore 6 - Was probably the weak link at the back tonight.

Knocky 7 - tricky, worked hard and tried to create things. Decent corners.

Dyer 8 - pace a constant threat, scored a goal.

King 7 - Calm and collected performance.

Drinky 7 - continues his good start to the season, picks up the loose ball and tries to make things happen.

Vardy 7 - probably should've done better with a few chances, but a constant menace and never have their defence a moments peace.

Nuge 8 - linked the midfield and attack really well, worked hard, set up the first and scored the second. Lost all momentum when he went off in the final third.

Kasper 6 - little to do, kicking was doggo tonight.

RDL 7 - defended well and won the penalty.

Konch 7 - steady in defence and attack.

Morgan 7 - standard

Moore 6 - Was probably the weak link at the back tonight.

Knocky 7 - tricky, worked hard and tried to create things. Decent corners.

Dyer 8 - pace a constant threat, scored a goal.

King 7 - Calm and collected performance.

Drinky 7 - continues his good start to the season, picks up the loose ball and tries to make things happen.

Vardy 7 - probably should've done better with a few chances, but a constant menace and never have their defence a moments peace.

Nuge 8 - linked the midfield and attack really well, worked hard, set up the first and scored the second. Lost all momentum when he went off in the final third.

Ok so Nuge linked the attack and midfield, worked hard, set one up and scored one, and we lost momentum when he went off. But if you don't count all of that he actually did nothing again... Drop him now

Ok so Nuge linked the attack and midfield, worked hard, set one up and scored one, and we lost momentum when he went off. But if you don't count all of that he actually did nothing again... Drop him now

That's just my opinion on it all, others will see it differently for sure.

Cheers Bert on those ratings basis I would be inclined to start Wasyl ahead of Moore against Donny.

Hopefully Pearson won't do it on the basis of Bert's ratings then. Would be lunatic to drop a young lad playing out of his skin after one mistake/average game.

Agree with Bert, Kaspers kicking was poor and Moore seemed a bit shaky tonight, Nugent ran his socks off as did Dyer but we did lose the plot a bit when he went off, great support again.

Onwards and upwards... ;0)

Pretty much spot on Bert, Vardy was class tonight, just needs to have the confidence to pull the trigger! On the way home we were discussing Dyer, he wasn't great in the middle of the park, but he was involved in almost every one of our chances. Good performance all round but I wish we'd kill these games off! 

Delighted with the win and 3 points but we didn't half give ourselves work to do!

Kasper 6 awful kicking all night but other than than fine.

De laet 7 pretty solid good run for the pen

Konch 7 as de laet

Moore 6 looked dodgy at times

Morgan 7 some cracking blocks in the first half

Knocky 7 tried to make things happen and ran at defenders

Dyer 6.5 so hot and cold but credit to him for slipping it under Hennessy. Some of his crossing defies belief but when he's running at people he's a huge asset.

King 6 we didn't boss the midfield until around the 50 minute mark and it was only for 20 mins. Works hard but didn't stamp much authority on the game for me. The centre of midfield was redundant first half.

Drinky 6.5 more composed than king and got the ball down and made passes when it counted in the 2nd half but again it was not a good central midfield performance for me at all.

Vardy 6.5 kept going and going as ever just needs a goal and soon.

Nuge 7.5 well taken pen and good assist. Good all round play and work rate

Schlupp 4 hmmm. Like the boy but that was not a good display. If he wants to be played as a striker he needs to come on and give his all. Not half hearted rubbish like tonight. Made some strange decisions with runs and passes and looked uninterested

James was fine when he came on

Hammond not on long enough.

I cannot stand the keeping the ball in the corner rubbish. With 30 seconds left by all means give it a go but not with 3 mins left to play. It barely ever works for us. We didn't seem to want to attempt anything for the last 5 minutes which just makes it all the more nervy.

All in all great result well done lads but that performance was far from faultless. Great evening out and we did ourselves proud taking so many down.

Dyer 6.5? Were you at the game?!?

People give Dyer such a hard time. His pace scares defenders pure and simple, they back off him time and time again and he is a huge weapon on the counter attack. Yes he makes mistakes but I would rather have someone like him on the wing than a slow old Matt Oakley. Anyone that was there tonight would surely have seen just how much Yeovil struggled to contain Lloyd.

Just got back to Cornwall so thought i'd post as i've been to game for a change

Kasper 6 - Couple of routine saves, kicking was shiiittte!!

RDL 7 - Defended well and attacked well

Moore 6 - Would have been 7 but for the pen. Thought he was solid tonight and didnt really do much wrong but then its the first time i've seen him in the flesh this season so maybe his standards are higher for some?

Wes 8 - They tried to make it physical and Wes led us against it.

Konch 8 - Unbelievably good. Cant quite believe its him.

Knocky 7 - Great to see that if he loses it, he sprints back to try and rectify. Better defensively than offensively tonight which is needed at places like this.

DD 8.5 - Thought he was excellent. Showed no signs of the player that 'always slows things down and goes backwards'.

King 8.5 - Very classy performance.

Dyer 7 - Pace is such an asset. Could have had a hat trick.

Vardy 8.5 - So impressed. Ran all night and set up countless chances. Glad the Human League chant is catching on!!

Nugent 7 - Should have done better on a couple of occassions but worked hard and for someone who didnt like taking penalties before, he really doesnt look like missing.

Car park price 10 - £2 right next to the ground!!

Getting out of the car park -10 - Shove the £2 up your arse Yeovil.

Sounded like we went to shit not because Nugent came off, but because we switched away from 442, which is true to form. We've barely played a minutes worth of decent football using these dreadful 433 or 532 formations. I wish Nige would just bin them for good. It's nonsensical to keep doing something which consistently fails, regardless of how tidy it is in theory.

Dyer 6.5? Were you at the game?!?

People give Dyer such a hard time. His pace scares defenders pure and simple, they back off him time and time again and he is a huge weapon on the counter attack. Yes he makes mistakes but I would rather have someone like him on the wing than a slow old Matt Oakley. Anyone that was there tonight would surely have seen just how much Yeovil struggled to contain Lloyd.

I certainly was. Were you? Did you see him do anything that warranted any more than 5/10 in the first half? Then, yeah he was around an 8 second. As I said, hot and cold in my opinion which appears different to yours. I like dyer and would love him to get a new deal. I'd also love it if he could cross.

Schmiechel - 7 - Kicking was all over the place, but a few routine saves and had no chance with the penalty

De Leat - 7.5 - Seems to get turned inside quite a lot, but his pace and slide tackling gets him out of trouble. Got forward well and won a stone wall penalty

Morgan - 7 - Usual self

Moore - 6 - Perhaps his weakest game this season, but still one great tackle In the first half

Konchesky - 8 - MOTM for me, solid throughout and used his experience well in the second half

Knockaert - 7 - Lazy on a couple of occasions, but always looking to create as per

Drinkwater - 7.5 - Very impressed with him so far, looks a lot fitter and stronger

King - 7 - Usual

Dyer - 7.5 - Missed a couple of sitters, but took his goal well and was a terror for their backline all game

Nugent - 7.5 - Good shift, and another penalty

Vardy - 7 - Needs a goal, but great work rate. Seems a little shy to shoot again

Amen on the car park, horrorshow!

Schmeichel 7 - People being a bit harsh on his kicking, the wind/rain didn't help, Hennesey's kicks barely made it over the halfway line second half. One good stop at the end.

De Laet 7 - Solid enough. Rarely threatened by Yeovil's left winger and an excellent run to win the penalty.

Moore 6 - Did what he had to do.

Morgan 7 - Couple of monumental blocks in the first half and won most headers against hoofball Yeovil.

Konchesky 7 - Got in to very good attacking positions on more than one occasion!

Knockaert 7 - Set pieces were a threat and his movement was excellent.

King 6 - Quiet game as often bypassed by Yeovil's long ball when defending and us counter attacking with pace down the wings.

Drinkwater 6 - See King

Dyer 8 - On fire

Vardy 8 - Worked very hard for the team again, unselfish display and unlucky not to get a goal.

Nugent 8 - Best he's played since January

Schmeichel - 6 - not much to do, distribution was poor

De Laet - 6.5 - good linking up with knocky for the peno, but doesn't seem to close down quick enough, allowing players to cut inside him.

Moore - 6 - not the best I've seen of him, maybe needs a rest

Morgan - 7 - solid

Konchesky - 7 - got forward well, solid throughout

Knockaert - 7.5 - great outlet tonight, great link up play

King - 7 - does the things you don't notice

Drinkwater - 7 - solid performance

Dyer - 8 - anyone who was stood near the front right behind the goal will know that he is my favourite player :wub: every time he gets the ball a little bit of wee comes out

Vardy - 8 - works so hard for the team, very unselfish

Nugent - 8 - his best game of the season, linked up well and great awareness for Dyer's goal

Thought Nige got the tactics spot on last night, its nice to see we have different game plans this season, and I don't think we have reached our full potential yet. Yeovil and Barnsley this last week are the type of games we would not have won last season.

Finally big shout out to the fans that made the trip, just wish we could all sing in tune lol

Archived