Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Could the wheels fall off early?

We're third in the league 3 points off the top, in early October. And fans STILL moan. These are the same people who, if we do go up, will no doubt be moaning when were not in the champions league places. Get a grip, were Leicester City not United or Liverpool. The championship is a very hard division.

I'm really not convinced that it is. I honestly do think the belief that it's such a hard division is what holds so many teams back - how many of the 11 teams we've faced have impressed you at all? I haven't been impressed by a single one of them. The standard of this league is awful.

Guest MattP

I agree, completely, but will we?

I know thats not the point and we do not know, 

But everyone will want the managers head if it falls apart, yet at the moment the problems are obvious and nobody seems bothered by anything? very very strange. we are fortunate so far that things have gone our way. 

Well personally think we have played quite well so far this season, we are 3rd and I expected somewhere between 5th and 8th so in my eyes we are overachieving at the minute. I don't see obvious problems. I see a well oiled machine that has a few players out of form capable of winning games in this league when not at their best.

I see a defence that's very solid for this division and a midfield that is good at keeping the ball, if we don't concede early I fancy us to win the match providing we are patient ala Yeovil, Barnsley, Wigan, Derby etc.

If you are worried about us it's a good job you don't support someone like Middlesboro, Derby, Barnsley or Huddersfield.

You're loving it? You could certainly fool me based on this thread.

We do have problems but worrying about something which is well out of our control is mad - especially when this so called 'wheels falling off' hasn't actually happened yet and the signs that they will are debateable to say the least.

Did you read the thread? did I not point out all the good points about the season? but also talk about my opinion that we still have issues at the club?

Like I said, shall we all just sit here and praise the team and say nothing bad about the squad and hope it all works out?

Foxes talk:

When we are up there, nobody is allowed to say anything bad (As well as pointing out the good)

When we are struggling: NOBODY is allowed to say anything good about the team?

I hate it, But I sort of love it.

Just for the record, EVERYTHING to do with Leicester city is out of our control, we have no say in anything, If we all took that stand this forum would not exist. this is discussion about the issues we are still seeing in the club.

apparently all is well and we will win the league (Not your comment) but the way other people talk on here, everyone would think we are playing absolutely brilliant 90 mins a game every week, and are destined to storm the league, they cannot see that we are playing badly and have got lucky, and if that luck runs out we will soon drop down the league 

UNLESS. We sort it out, We have no say in it, but is this forum not made to discuss?

Just because we are third does not mean people cannot criticism certain aspects, and just because People criticize and do not pretend everything is rosy does not mean they are currently not enjoying the run/league position/luck

I don't either but I've always been a strong believer in taking the initiative ourselves and that we shouldn't set up to counter what the opposition throw at us. Let us do the 'throwing', as it were, and give them something to worry about.

No-one seems bothered? That's simply untrue. Plenty of people are acknowledging we have problems but why get pissy about something out of our control?

Like I said, if you take that stand, you might aswell close your account ? NOTHING is in our control,

thats why we are here surely? to discuss. You're one of the only ones on here that actually sees the good and bad, I will be sat here on this fence until the day we are promoted. Until then, if there is a problem, I'll talk about it :) Nothing is perfect, but things need to be changed in the club.

Well personally think we have played quite well so far this season, we are 3rd and I expected somewhere between 5th and 8th so in my eyes we are overachieving at the minute. I don't see obvious problems. I see a well oiled machine that has a few players out of form capable of winning games in this league when not at their best.

I see a defence that's very solid for this division and a midfield that is good at keeping the ball, if we don't concede early I fancy us to win the match providing we are patient ala Yeovil, Barnsley, Wigan, Derby etc.

If you are worried about us it's a good job you don't support someone like Middlesboro, Derby, Barnsley or Huddersfield.

Suppose it's a good job I dont, 

Leicester can be stressful enough as we all know,

We are a well oiled machine, That I hope will soon be put into full power, because at the moment, it's not (IMO) and we have been fortunate to be where we are today, So lets hope its switched on before our fortune switches off!

Like I said, if you take that stand, you might aswell close your account ? NOTHING is in our control,

thats why we are here surely? to discuss. You're one of the only ones on here that actually sees the good and bad, I will be sat here on this fence until the day we are promoted. Until then, if there is a problem, I'll talk about it :) Nothing is perfect, but things need to be changed in the club.

The point is, we can't control whether the wheels fall off or not. Why worry about it? The first thing I thought when I read this thread title was "more negativity" If it happens there's nothing that we could've done to prevent it from happening.

Not everyone is sweeping every issue (and there are some) under the carpet though. There is full acknowledgment that things aren't perfect and we are in danger of slipping if we're not careful.

The thing that encourages me the most is that Pearson himself seems to be saying this - he's not going mental with a win (although to be fair we could beat Barcelona 6-0 and he'd probably still be calm) and he's acknowledging the fact there are improvements we can make.

To me I think we've rode our luck, but we'll actually improve rather than maintain this standard of performance.

Not everyone is sweeping every issue (and there are some) under the carpet though. There is full acknowledgment that things aren't perfect and we are in danger of slipping if we're not careful.

The thing that encourages me the most is that Pearson himself seems to be saying this - he's not going mental with a win (although to be fair we could beat Barcelona 6-0 and he'd probably still be calm) and he's acknowledging the fact there are improvements we can make.

To me I think we've rode our luck, but we'll actually improve rather than maintain this standard of performance.

We need to improve, I wanted opinions on that aswell, I think if we do improve we could be very close to the top come the end of the season, playing average football and winning can only spell a good future, but I must stress IF we improve, that goes without saying!

The point is, we can't control whether the wheels fall off or not. Why worry about it? The first thing I thought when I read this thread title was "more negativity" If it happens there's nothing that we could've done to prevent it from happening.

I've said this too many time now, Nobody on this forum can change anything about Leicester city FC unless some of us are secretly board members, 

So why do we come here, TO DISCUSS! 

thats the fun of the forum.

the thread was slightly negative but I put a positive spin on, Because things are not a rosy as everyone makes out 3rd in the league counts for absolutely nothing 11 games in, its momentum though that we need to capitalize on. 

so we discuss on foxestalk :)

Well if we are third when the defence is tired, the midfielder look lost, the strikers can't score and the keeper is lobbing it in his own net we should be ok when we pick up a bit.

And Pearson still has detractors, despite all that.

But everyone will want the managers head if it falls apart, yet at the moment the problems are obvious and nobody seems bothered by anything? very very strange. we are fortunate so far that things have gone our way. 

Clearly they won't though, look at last season and that awful run, the majority on here still wanted to keep him.

Clearly they won't though, look at last season and that awful run, the majority on here still wanted to keep him.

Yes, if it was another manager everyone would want them sacked, and they would have been, I think pearson got alot of credit for his youth work and what he had built with the situation he was in, he done VERY well with the squad he inherited.

Yes, if it was another manager everyone would want them sacked, and they would have been, I think pearson got alot of credit for his youth work and what he had built with the situation he was in, he done VERY well with the squad he inherited.

Not all of us agree with that.

I've said this too many time now, Nobody on this forum can change anything about Leicester city FC unless some of us are secretly board members, 

So why do we come here, TO DISCUSS! 

thats the fun of the forum.

the thread was slightly negative but I put a positive spin on, Because things are not a rosy as everyone makes out 3rd in the league counts for absolutely nothing 11 games in, its momentum though that we need to capitalize on. 

so we discuss on foxestalk :)

Who has actually said things are rosy? You'd struggle to find anyone that isn't happy with us being 3rd. If being 3rd doesn't matter at this stage of the season, then neither does being 1st or worrying about whether the wheels are going to fall off.

Who has actually said things are rosy? You'd struggle to find anyone that isn't happy with us being 3rd. If being 3rd doesn't matter at this stage of the season, then neither does being 1st or worrying about whether the wheels are going to fall off.

I cannot understand your logic, If we were 4th or 5th at this stage does not matter very much, at the end of the season we need to be up there. 

And the fact we got there playing average uninspiring football is great, But looking at that average and uninspiring football and 'Expecting' that we will hit form is unrealistic. We spent 6 months last year saying that, So yes, Watching the current football and scraping past teams like yeovil etc does cause people to think "are we currently punching above our weight" and "do we need to change anything" are we not supposed to do that as fans? or shall we just say "Nige'll fix it" and smile at poor football and lucky results (to an extent)

Or are we not allowed to discuss any footballing issues because we are in the top 6?

We are a football club, we need to keep improving... not settle for third rate football and scrappy wins at yeovil... 

We have got where we are for a number of reasons, Good football is almost certainly not one of them. whats the problem with preparing/talking about the future? (i know we cannot change it, but as iv'e stated numerous times, thats the point of a forum, to talk about it)

If I ran my business around "we will be okay" and not having any meetings to discuss week to week runnings, you would soon lose control.

I cannot understand your logic, If we were 4th or 5th at this stage does not matter very much, at the end of the season we need to be up there. 

And the fact we got there playing average uninspiring football is great, But looking at that average and uninspiring football and 'Expecting' that we will hit form is unrealistic. We spent 6 months last year saying that, So yes, Watching the current football and scraping past teams like yeovil etc does cause people to think "are we currently punching above our weight" and "do we need to change anything" are we not supposed to do that as fans? or shall we just say "Nige'll fix it" and smile at poor football and lucky results (to an extent)

Or are we not allowed to discuss any footballing issues because we are in the top 6?

Well, you said that being 3rd in the league counts for nothing 11 games in, so going on that logic surely that would mean 1st doesn't?

Did you go to Yeovil? The result states that we only scraped by with a 2-1 win but the fact is we dominated pretty much from start to finish without playing at our best. Why should people worry about whether they're punching above their weight? I look at it as a bonus, we need to take everything we can get. It's a results business, always has been always will be, just look at last year when we were battering teams away from home but not getting the results, would you prefer that then? Do you think QPR Fans are thinking, shit we're only winning 1-0 every game? No, all they'll be thinking about is the fact they're winning and keeping clean sheets regardless of how they're playing.

We are a football club, we need to keep improving... not settle for third rate football and scrappy wins at yeovil... 

We have got where we are for a number of reasons, Good football is almost certainly not one of them. whats the problem with preparing/talking about the future? (i know we cannot change it, but as iv'e stated numerous times, thats the point of a forum, to talk about it)

If I ran my business around "we will be okay" and not having any meetings to discuss week to week runnings, you would soon lose control.

Nige'll fix it? He already has. There were plenty of questions about his ability before this season and he's answered them so far.

Lucky results? Not really. All of our home wins have been deserved (including comfortably beating the FA Cup holders). Yes, it might not be the flowing football we saw until February last season but still more than enough to win games.

Well, you said that being 3rd in the league counts for nothing 11 games in, so going on that logic surely that would mean 1st doesn't?

Did you go to Yeovil? The result states that we only scraped by with a 2-1 win but the fact is we dominated pretty much from start to finish without playing at our best. Why should people worry about whether they're punching above their weight? I look at it as a bonus, we need to take everything we can get. It's a results business, always has been always will be, just look at last year when we were battering teams away from home but not getting the results, would you prefer that then? Do you think QPR Fans are thinking, shit we're only winning 1-0 every game? No, all they'll be thinking about is the fact they're winning and keeping clean sheets regardless of how they're playing.

Well essentially if QPR drop to 5th by the end of the season, then no it doesnt count for anything, If we had dropped out of the top 6 last year then being top/2nd didnt make a blind bit of difference, but the momentum counts for everything!!

You might want to re-read the thread. 

Qpr are quite unlucky not to be winning by more. We are quite lucky to be winning in some aspects. its all good 'battering' teams but when your top scorer has 2 in 11 its quite worrying (Take away the penalties) I know penalties count, but konchesky could have taken them!! Just because nugent has 7, Does not mean we will keep this momentum up does it? you seem to assume it does, but by your posts you also assume we should wait until it does go wrong to change it, The whole "If its not broken dont fix it" policy is good... but we are lucky that its not broken, because in so many cases the ref could have broken it for us.

Once again. We have been very fortunate so far. And if the fact we are playing average football is not a worry because you let the fact we are in the top 6 after 11 games not deter you from the facts.

You may just be disappointed again this year...

I CERTAINLY HOPE NOT. But apparently you cannot talk about issues at Leicester city.

Personally I think we should have been promoted last season.

I blame the manager for that run, all clubs will have bad runs but a manger who knows what he is doing will soon get the team pulling togethere, there wsn't much evidence of that last year.

I'm hoping that has changed, he's brought in experienced players which should help, I think they should have been used a bit more this season as well, he's too slow with his substitutions.

We lose a game and already you have made two stupid threads, we had a bad game get over it we will be back to winning ways a week on saturday.

Hardly a stupid thread, im not slating the loss. If you look at the thread. Clearly you did not read it.

Like the old saying goes, its not what you do. its how you do it. If we do not improve the way we do it, we will get undone.

FACT.

suppose you would jump over the fence then?

Well essentially if QPR drop to 5th by the end of the season, then no it doesnt count for anything, If we had dropped out of the top 6 last year then being top/2nd didnt make a blind bit of difference, but the momentum counts for everything!!

You might want to re-read the thread. 

Qpr are quite unlucky not to be winning by more. We are quite lucky to be winning in some aspects. its all good 'battering' teams but when your top scorer has 2 in 11 its quite worrying (Take away the penalties) I know penalties count, but konchesky could have taken them!! Just because nugent has 7, Does not mean we will keep this momentum up does it? you seem to assume it does, but by your posts you also assume we should wait until it does go wrong to change it, The whole "If its not broken dont fix it" policy is good... but we are lucky that its not broken, because in so many cases the ref could have broken it for us.

Once again. We have been very fortunate so far. And if the fact we are playing average football is not a worry because you let the fact we are in the top 6 after 11 games not deter you from the facts.

You may just be disappointed again this year...

I CERTAINLY HOPE NOT. But apparently you cannot talk about issues at Leicester city.

QPR have scored five fewer goals than us, hardly great football is it? Won most games by one goal, like us, so how do they deserve to be further ahead?

Yes, we've won a lot of penalties, mainly because we've got players in the box who have enticed defenders into making fouls. We aren't given penalties for free, we've got them (bar one possibly) legitimately.

Nige'll fix it? He already has. There were plenty of questions about his ability before this season and he's answered them so far.

Lucky results? Not really. All of our home wins have been deserved (including comfortably beating the FA Cup holders). Yes, it might not be the flowing football we saw until February last season but still more than enough to win games.

at the end of barnsley we were backs to the wall... 

same with derby,

Same with blackburn (To an extent) 

in the end yeovil could have got an equaliser, 

Like I said, on other days they could easily be 8 points dropped. and so far we have been let off. but we have not taken our chances to put games to bed at all.. and if our individual form gets any worse, as a team we could get undone. Take away the penalties and work out where we would be in the league.

Archived