Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Could the wheels fall off early?

By your logic that we are lucky....Blackpool were lucky to get a point fronts with te last minute penalty and Doncaster were lucky to beat us one moment of madness from an otherwise solid performer. Leeds were lucky to et a point from us, wood hit the post with the keeper well beaten and we should have had a penalty at Charlton.

So by your logic of us being lucky I make us unlucky not to have 6 more points now... Also 3 games this year where we have scored a penalty we have also conceded one so does that make us lucky or unlucky in those games?

this

And if we take away all penalties in our games this season and pretend we are playing a game were they don't actually count we are still in the top 6!

Do you want to take away own goals now? How about free kicks? Goals from corners?

and this

Why did you join the forum if not to discuss the team and their performances, or the future of the club?

The problem I have with this thread is that is was an open invitation to all the always negative posters that have crawled back out of the woodwork since losing to Doncaster to post yet more totally negative rubbish.

I have no problem with sensible discussion but I would have preferred this thread before the Doncaster game as most of the posts would have been more balanced.

Threads like this after a defeat are never a good idea. No problem with your concerns about the team, performances and results, we all have the same concerns but some of us are trying to remain in a positive frame of mind. We know we can't control whether the wheels fall off or not so why worry about it? Not worrying about things we can't control doesn't mean we think everything is all rosy, that we don't have a few concerns or that we don't discuss them, we just don't worry about them.

Nothing wrong with the thread as a thread but the timing of it could have been better

I cannot fault where we are in the league, but how we got there was very fortunate, and if the fortune carries on let it happen, if not, (I say if, but its more likely to stop) so more of a 'When' the luck and penalties run dry (which they will) Who do we have? nugent on 1 goal from open play? vardy on 2?

Our feet wont touch the ground.

So.. IN MY OPINION, we need to address it now, rather than in january trying to sell more players. either the attitude is bad, or the players are.

There hasn't been one single game that we've won this season that we didn't deserve. You do realise penalties are awarded because 99% of the time they deny a clear goal scoring chance, don't you? If our players didn't keep getting hacked down then we might have scored from the chances we're creating anyway; and we're obviously creating plenty.

I'm not blind to the problems in this team, but I think people are making much more out of them than they need to.

The defenders look tired? Not to me they don't, and we've still got our impressive record of never conceding more than 2 goals a game, which stretches back for months and months now.

Our midfield has had a couple of off games where they've been shit, but by and large they've been very good and there's been a big improvement by Danny Drinkwater especially so far this season.

Nugent's started the season poorly, there's no doubt about it. But he's scored 16 for the past two seasons now, and adding these penalties to his arsenal, I wouldn't be surprised to see him exceed that once he hits form. Nugent is a massive form player, but he's proven time and time again that he can deliver the goods in this league.

And I can't believe you'd look at being able to have the ability to come back from a goal down to win games as being a weakness. Last season out mental strength was one of our biggest weaknesses - this season we're able to come back and win games and see out tough games when we need to - that can only be a good thing.

Finally, to have all these supposed problems and still be winning - and in some games winning really well - is a good thing. Saying that it's more likely we'll get worse than better is ridiculous - why on earth is one more likely than the other? Have you got your crystal ball out?

In my opinion, there's been nothing 'lucky' about our season so far - just a lot of workmanlike performances where we've ground out important results. The reason we've had so many penalties is because we're getting into positions so dangerous that the only option for the opposition to stop us scoring is to commit a foul - you talk about the penalties as if they're an abstract concept, that the ref just decides to award them at a random point during the match. The vast majority of them have been stonewall. If we keep getting into positions where the only option for the player is to concede a penalty or probably concede a goal, the goals will keep coming. Start worrying when we stop getting into these positions.

Also, I think you've missed the point of a discussion. You keep saying that you want to talk about the 'obvious issues' surrounding the club - at the end of the day, that's YOUR opinion. It seems to me that when people don't agree with YOUR opinion about problems within the club they apparently aren't interested in engaging in discussion or they don't want to see the problems. Funnily enough, some people think that winning the vast majority of our games with solid, hard-working performances which have guided us to the top end of the table isn't really a bad thing - and they're entitled to THEIR opinion, just as you're entitled to YOURS. Some people find engaging in negative hypotheticals to be a waste of time. It's just as valid to say 'What if Nugent doesn't pick up form?' as it is to say 'What if Nugent scores a hat trick in his next game and his form increases dramatically' - either one is just as valid.

Any potential problems in the side are just as likely to improve as they are to worsen. You might need to get the dictionary out and look up what a discussion actually is - because at the minute it just seems like anyone who doesn't want to blindly accept your point of view as correct is guilty of not 'engaging in a discussion' - that's not a discussion, that's just agreeing with you. And there's not many on here who do.

There hasn't been one single game that we've won this season that we didn't deserve. You do realise penalties are awarded because 99% of the time they deny a clear goal scoring chance, don't you? If our players didn't keep getting hacked down then we might have scored from the chances we're creating anyway; and we're obviously creating plenty.

I'm not blind to the problems in this team, but I think people are making much more out of them than they need to.

The defenders look tired? Not to me they don't, and we've still got our impressive record of never conceding more than 2 goals a game, which stretches back for months and months now.

Our midfield has had a couple of off games where they've been shit, but by and large they've been very good and there's been a big improvement by Danny Drinkwater especially so far this season.

Nugent's started the season poorly, there's no doubt about it. But he's scored 16 for the past two seasons now, and adding these penalties to his arsenal, I wouldn't be surprised to see him exceed that once he hits form. Nugent is a massive form player, but he's proven time and time again that he can deliver the goods in this league.

And I can't believe you'd look at being able to have the ability to come back from a goal down to win games as being a weakness. Last season out mental strength was one of our biggest weaknesses - this season we're able to come back and win games and see out tough games when we need to - that can only be a good thing.

Finally, to have all these supposed problems and still be winning - and in some games winning really well - is a good thing. Saying that it's more likely we'll get worse than better is ridiculous - why on earth is one more likely than the other? Have you got your crystal ball out?

In my opinion, there's been nothing 'lucky' about our season so far - just a lot of workmanlike performances where we've ground out important results. The reason we've had so many penalties is because we're getting into positions so dangerous that the only option for the opposition to stop us scoring is to commit a foul - you talk about the penalties as if they're an abstract concept, that the ref just decides to award them at a random point during the match. The vast majority of them have been stonewall. If we keep getting into positions where the only option for the player is to concede a penalty or probably concede a goal, the goals will keep coming. Start worrying when we stop getting into these positions.

Also, I think you've missed the point of a discussion. You keep saying that you want to talk about the 'obvious issues' surrounding the club - at the end of the day, that's YOUR opinion. It seems to me that when people don't agree with YOUR opinion about problems within the club they apparently aren't interested in engaging in discussion or they don't want to see the problems. Funnily enough, some people think that winning the vast majority of our games with solid, hard-working performances which have guided us to the top end of the table isn't really a bad thing - and they're entitled to THEIR opinion, just as you're entitled to YOURS. Some people find engaging in negative hypotheticals to be a waste of time. It's just as valid to say 'What if Nugent doesn't pick up form?' as it is to say 'What if Nugent scores a hat trick in his next game and his form increases dramatically' - either one is just as valid.

Any potential problems in the side are just as likely to improve as they are to worsen. You might need to get the dictionary out and look up what a discussion actually is - because at the minute it just seems like anyone who doesn't want to blindly accept your point of view as correct is guilty of not 'engaging in a discussion' - that's not a discussion, that's just agreeing with you. And there's not many on here who do.

Well said that man :appl:

Can't really see the wheels falling off.

This season's outcome is simple.

We'll win most games at home..... We have a strong enough squad to do so IMO.

Success or failure will be based on AWAY results... Just like last season.

Win at home, don't lose away will see us play-offs minimum.

It really is that simple IMO. Doing it, of course, us more difficult.

Moan all you like, just don't be surprised when people call you a miserable ****. Must be shit supporting Leicester for you lot, you can't even enjoy it when things are going relatively well.

Best start in years, been turning games around, made some good sides look bad and with two defeats at Donny and Charlton made a stick for our own back and yet so many choose to be so down beat. Between now and the new year will be the real test for our lads and if we are still in a simalir position I will be happy, still in the top 6 ok but in the meantime let's give our support yo the team and enjoy the ride. And no over reactions to one off results either way.

BLUE ARMY

Archived