Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Could the wheels fall off early?

To be third when IMO we haven't played brilliant in general so far is ok for me

I cannot fault where we are in the league, but how we got there was very fortunate, and if the fortune carries on let it happen, if not, (I say if, but its more likely to stop) so more of a 'When' the luck and penalties run dry (which they will)  Who do we have? nugent on 1 goal from open play? vardy on 2?

Our feet wont touch the ground. 

So.. IN MY OPINION, we need to address it now, rather than in january trying to sell more players. either the attitude is bad, or the players are.

Can the OP not just get hit by a fvcking bus.

Bit harsh. People may not agree with each other but what's the need for that. Could understand if he's slept with your missus or something....

some of us are successful, some are not, I can imagine most on here are not and do not aspire to do anything, and are content,

I question why, and strive to achieve more, therefore cause controversy on this forum.

I quite liked you up until the point you said that. Now I just think that you are an arrogant fool!

ps. fool or not, I don't want you to get hit by a bus.

I quite liked you up until the point you said that. Now I just think that you are an arrogant fool!

ps. fool or not, I don't want you to get hit by a bus.

It was not aimed at anybody in particular mate,

But everytime I ask "why" I get this... It's rediculous, Most arguments on foxestalk are unjustified, unintelligent, unproven and not reasoned. 

so I still stand by it, People let their emotions towards things cloud their view, You would have witnessed yourself, 90% of the "Pearson haters" would love any excuse to blame him, and the "Pearson lovers" use any excuse to blame the players.

I blame the culprit. and I also praise the culprits who made things happen.

I am always on the fence, Until one side looks very green in which case I may "Hop over" to a perticular side, and I fight my case, with an open mind. 

Probably seemed arrogant and I see your case, difficult to explain but not intended that way in perticular.

I don't want him to get hit by a bus, just a small van will do, or a Ice Cream Van with a jingle.

So thoughtful :) 

Yeah well, I'm sure we'll have our collapse and you can come back and tell us you were right all along, which was the point of this thread.

Not at all.

Unfortunately if that comment was a bit of a guilty conscience then it wont wash, I will not come back if we have bad form, that is not me unlike 90% of this forum, I would "IF" it happened, simply come back with why I think that current situation has gone wrong.

I'm assuming that is what you would do then?

I'm not you.

should of realised that only 2-3 people can have a discussion on this thread without the pointless unintelligent comments. 

Take away our top goalscorers penalties, and Lloyd dyer is a mixture of Danny D/LLoyd/vardy/King with a grand total of 2 in the league each. A penalty is a penalty, and we are getting them because we are attacking right? Fair enough, But what if we had not won those penalties? where would be sitting now, for a start we would be 2 points less than we are now just at yeovil, and how many of our penalties affected the rest of the game in our favour?

This really sums up the OP. And from someone who is portraying themselves as intelligent, articulate and something of sage, is quite laughable. If the pope was catholic hrcwoildnt be the pope.

Then some one post I hope he gets hit by a bus. Isn't this a lovely place.

I for one give credit for what has been achived this season and it looks that some of the squad have progressed and am looking forward to reading on Boxing Day and the games leading to it. I am sure there will be many twists and turns between now and then, as for the wheels coming off if you use the OP's logic I doubt if they have been put back on.

Take away our top goalscorers penalties, and Lloyd dyer is a mixture of Danny D/LLoyd/vardy/King with a grand total of 2 in the league each. A penalty is a penalty, and we are getting them because we are attacking right? Fair enough, But what if we had not won those penalties? where would be sitting now, for a start we would be 2 points less than we are now just at yeovil, and how many of our penalties affected the rest of the game in our favour?

This really sums up the OP. And from someone who is portraying themselves as intelligent, articulate and something of sage, is quite laughable. If the pope was catholic hrcwoildnt be the pope.

Then some one post I hope he gets hit by a bus. Isn't this a lovely place.

I for one give credit for what has been achived this season and it looks that some of the squad have progressed and am looking forward to reading on Boxing Day and the games leading to it. I am sure there will be many twists and turns between now and then, as for the wheels coming off if you use the OP's logic I doubt if they have been put back on.

I dont know how many times I can say this, but do you not agree we are fortunate to be where we are if you strip to the bare bones?

weve had more penalties in 11 games than all of last season. 

we got into the box more last season than we did this season!! and played better football 12 months ago than we are now, so without the fortune of those penalties. where would we stand?

this logic is very realistic. VERY realistic. 

As when this "Luck/Fortune" runs out.. WHICH IT WILL, do you honestly think playing how we are now for the majority of games we will take points?

so you are completely adamant we are going up and have no worries at all?

If that is your opinion, fair enough. aim high :)

P.s If you base "Intelligence" on the foxestalk forum threads... wow :)

Common sence over intelligence anyday, but helps to have some of both i suppose.

Not at all.

Unfortunately if that comment was a bit of a guilty conscience then it wont wash, I will not come back if we have bad form, that is not me unlike 90% of this forum, I would "IF" it happened, simply come back with why I think that current situation has gone wrong.

I'm assuming that is what you would do then?

I'm not you.

should of realised that only 2-3 people can have a discussion on this thread without the pointless unintelligent comments. 

Guilty conscience? No, I personally don't think we'll collapse. I'm not going to start a thread about it because I don't believe it will happen. I said we'd finish in the top six, nothing has changed that opinion.

You keep banging on about luck and penalties, you expect a collapse like last season, I don't.

Guilty conscience? No, I personally don't think we'll collapse. I'm not going to start a thread about it because I don't believe it will happen. I said we'd finish in the top six, nothing has changed that opinion.

You keep banging on about luck and penalties, you expect a collapse like last season, I don't.

Your guilty conscience was regarding you accusing me of wanting a collapse I could come back and say "I told you so"

Obviously a guilty conscience of yourself thinking I would come back with I told you so's Because that is not me. 

It may be you, but I am not you. 

I do not find any excuse to comment on peoples posts and imply that I am superior or that I was right all along, frankly I wouldnt want to waste all those months waiting.

You may, I wouldnt.

Your guilty conscience was regarding you accusing me of wanting a collapse I could come back and say "I told you so"

Obviously a guilty conscience of yourself thinking I would come back with I told you so's Because that is not me. 

It may be you, but I am not you. 

I do not find any excuse to comment on peoples posts and imply that I am superior or that I was right all along, frankly I wouldnt want to waste all those months waiting.

You may, I wouldnt.

P.s I do not 'Expect' a collapse, I stated that IF we do not start finding form in all areas of the pitch, things will get tough for us. 

I would hate it. But we need to improve. Not necessarily expecting or wanting one (a collapse) but if you can see that our top goal scorer having 2 goals from open play after 11 games being a good thing, and expect we will get another 30 penalties, that's ludicrous if you do not expect another 30 penalties... then please tell me who is going to score the goals that keep us in contention??

If you cannot answer those questions, please revert to another thread.

Because you have answered my 'Expectations' as you keep putting it.

- Not scoring from open play 

- relying on penalties to scrape through

-Penalties dry up

-Still cannot score from open play... 

Promotion? Not sure sure IMO

"I dont know how many times I can say this, but do you not agree we are fortunate to be where we are if you strip to the bare bones?"

If you base it on selected matches but not on all the games so far and choose to ignore issues that don't suit you,

" had more penalties in 11 games than all of last season. "

We should have at least 5 more last season

"we got into the box more last season than we did this season!! and played better football 12 months ago than we are now, so without the fortune of those penalties. where would we stand?"

Is this fact or fiction?

"this logic is very realistic. VERY realistic.

As when this "Luck/Fortune" runs out.. WHICH IT WILL, do you honestly think playing how we are now for the majority of games we will take points?"

When you start say if we had lost to someone we beat as part of your logic then yes I do consider it twisted, as for coming away from games say we should have won, this hasn't been the case in most games and long may it continue. I have not seen or heard anyone say that the decisions leading to the penalties we wrong or played for. They have been despatched with such skill they are a joy to watch and long may this continue.

"so you are completely adamant we are going up and have no worries at all?"

When did I say we are going up? I do have concerns which are to do with limited options and the persons loyalty to his players,

"If that is your opinion, fair enough. aim high"

Foxes never quit

"P.s If you base "Intelligence" on the foxestalk forum threads... wow "

Hey it makes me look smart !!!

"Common sence over intelligence anyday, but helps to have some of both i suppose."

A thick skin and a sense of humour works best and half a bottle of malt

Edited by cityfanlee23, Today, 04:45 PM.

"I dont know how many times I can say this, but do you not agree we are fortunate to be where we are if you strip to the bare bones?"

If you base it on selected matches but not on all the games so far and choose to ignore issues that don't suit you,

" had more penalties in 11 games than all of last season. "

We should have at least 5 more last season

"we got into the box more last season than we did this season!! and played better football 12 months ago than we are now, so without the fortune of those penalties. where would we stand?"

Is this fact or fiction?

"this logic is very realistic. VERY realistic.

As when this "Luck/Fortune" runs out.. WHICH IT WILL, do you honestly think playing how we are now for the majority of games we will take points?"

When you start say if we had lost to someone we beat as part of your logic then yes I do consider it twisted, as for coming away from games say we should have won, this hasn't been the case in most games and long may it continue. I have not seen or heard anyone say that the decisions leading to the penalties we wrong or played for. They have been despatched with such skill they are a joy to watch and long may this continue.

"so you are completely adamant we are going up and have no worries at all?"

When did I say we are going up? I do have concerns which are to do with limited options and the persons loyalty to his players,

"If that is your opinion, fair enough. aim high"

Foxes never quit

"P.s If you base "Intelligence" on the foxestalk forum threads... wow "

Hey it makes me look smart !!!

"Common sence over intelligence anyday, but helps to have some of both i suppose."

A thick skin and a sense of humour works best and half a bottle of malt

Edited by cityfanlee23, Today, 04:45 PM.

Differing opinions old son, Nothing wrong with a debate.

Could the wheels fall off early? - They could.

Will the wheels fall off early? - No way of knowing.

Could the wheels remain attached and functioning until such a time when it is insignificant whether they fall off or not? - They could.

Will the wheels remain attached and functioning until such a time when it is insignificant whether they fall off or not? - No way of knowing.

It was not aimed at anybody in particular mate,

But everytime I ask "why" I get this... It's rediculous, Most arguments on foxestalk are unjustified, unintelligent, unproven and not reasoned. 

so I still stand by it, People let their emotions towards things cloud their view, You would have witnessed yourself, 90% of the "Pearson haters" would love any excuse to blame him, and the "Pearson lovers" use any excuse to blame the players.

I blame the culprit. and I also praise the culprits who made things happen.

I am always on the fence, Until one side looks very green in which case I may "Hop over" to a perticular side, and I fight my case, with an open mind. 

Probably seemed arrogant and I see your case, difficult to explain but not intended that way in perticular.

So thoughtful :)

So you offer no principled independent opinion until one becomes more prevalent on the forum, then you immediately assume that position?

Gandhi would be so proud.

By your logic that we are lucky....Blackpool were lucky to get a point fronts with te last minute penalty and Doncaster were lucky to beat us one moment of madness from an otherwise solid performer. Leeds were lucky to et a point from us, wood hit the post with the keeper well beaten and we should have had a penalty at Charlton.

So by your logic of us being lucky I make us unlucky not to have 6 more points now... Also 3 games this year where we have scored a penalty we have also conceded one so does that make us lucky or unlucky in those games?

Could the wheels fall off early? - They could.

Will the wheels fall off early? - No way of knowing.

Could the wheels remain attached and functioning until such a time when it is insignificant whether they fall off or not? - They could.

Will the wheels remain attached and functioning until such a time when it is insignificant whether they fall off or not? - No way of knowing

So you offer no principled independent opinion until one becomes more prevalent on the forum, then you immediately assume that position?

Gandhi would be so proud.

I have to agree.

Good to hear, I never wanted him out of the job when we went on the poor run, unfortunately LCFC fans are notorious for not seeing anything but results. its a results business that starts in the boardroom. 

Notorious?

Amongst whom?

wow, I really have no Idea where you got that quote from out of my comment?

Oh dear, less than 2 hours and you've forgotten what you typed.

I hope you memory is better when it comes to business.

Archived