Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Could the wheels fall off early?

This is not a dig, more of a worry, I completely support the team and hope to god we can keep momentum going,

The reason I make this thread is a worry that intensifies the more I think about it,

could the Leicester city promotion wheel fall off before Christmas?

Here are the pros - 

The table does not lie (However does not speak the truth completely)

Kasper is the best keeper in the league, Forget his few mistakes.

Wes looks an absolute machine again and will be instrumental to us.

Konchesky looks a new player and has been VERY good so far.

Wasilewski from what ive seen looks like he needs to play every week, drop de laet.

Moore has been the hidden gem we crave and looks premiership bound.

Vardy is the most dangerous player in our squad and creates most chances.

King is VERY good.

Drinkwater looks solid.

Hammond looked solid from the small amount ive seen.

James could be premiership class in a few years.

Nuge is scoring, but not from open play.

Knockaert Is playing well and getting involved even if not scoring as many as he could.

We are playing at times the best football i have seen played in 10 years and are winning games we would have drawn/lost last season

all of these pros? (And many more!) so why do I think it 'Could' go wrong?

Are we in a position where teams will force us to play route one as it clearly is a downfall of ours?

Nugent is not scoring enough chances from open play!

Dyer is OK but only has pace, no crossing ability, no right foot, as soon as he is pushed onto his right we might aswell kick it out for a goal kick.

Wood is nowhere (I know he is injured but hes played 1 'Class' game in 6 months)

Our midfield is STILL inconsistent, there is no point in king being on a rich run of form if we cannot keep the ball in the midfield, if drinkwater/james/hammond are on bad form it cancels out king.

Take away our top goalscorers penalties, and Lloyd dyer is a mixture of Danny D/LLoyd/vardy/King with a grand total of 2 in the league each. A penalty is a penalty, and we are getting them because we are attacking right? Fair enough, But what if we had not won those penalties? where would be sitting now, for a start we would be 2 points less than we are now just at yeovil, and how many of our penalties affected the rest of the game in our favour?

If wood comes back and scores goals, I'll take it, but if he doesn't, who will score them for us? if nuge doesn't get his form from open play sorted we could be in trouble on the goals front, come QPR we may be at the edge of the playoffs.

What does that hold for us in January? Ship yet MORE players out at great expense, to try and find a cheap replacement? Will konchesky go? Will anyone bid for wes? Kasper? Knocky?

In my opinion, I think we need to get a winger in at least, Let dyer fight for his place,

Schlupp is not as good as we rate him, Or he would be able to get in the united development... (not saying hes bad, but we certainly think too much of him at this stage, doesn't add a lot for me when we need it, send him on loan)

I could go on for a while, But these for me are slight worries I have with the team, and would really hate to see us start to hit bad form, especially on the players who are actually scoring us goals (Even if its not the strikers from open play)

I seriously think if we keep the football on the ground, and get our strikers on top form, we can beat anyone! and will definitely be up there at the end of the season, but if we don't, what next for LCFC? Nige will be gone for a start.

We have a very difficult couple of months up to Christmas fixture wise.

Has anyone looked into detail at some of the issues we have? Everyone has them... and how do we go about resolving them to prevent a de ja vu of last season.

Lets hope wood can bring his early 2012 form back. and when/if he does, we don't have any more go missing to cancel it out!

We certainly aren't playing the best football we've played in ten years.

When have we played better in your opinion bert? In the last 12 months ive seen football from our players I didn't know possible, one touch, no touch football. (Not consistently) 

any other opinions on the thread bert?

I wonder whether the Burnley fans share this sort of angst? Let's face it they are pretty heavily reliant on Ings' goals and if he gets injured or loses form......

How are they financially? cashed in on austin 

No point worrying about what COULD happen. We could drop out of the league in 3 seasons. We could go out of business. The human race could destroy itself in a nuclear holocaust. Is it within our power as LCFC fans to stop any of this happening? No, so don't worry about it. Negativity is infectious.

I'd prefer to think we COULD win every match. We could be promoted. We could go on to win the Prem then the Champions League. It's not going to happen but I won't worry about that either.

I'll just keep supporting my team.

When have we played better in your opinion bert? In the last 12 months ive seen football from our players I didn't know possible, one touch, no touch football. (Not consistently) 

any other opinions on the thread bert?

This time last season we were playing the best football I've seen us play under Pearson and there was a period under Sven where we were unbeatable albeit the results weren't coming at times. Certainly not this season which is what I thought you were on about anyway.

No point worrying about what COULD happen. We could drop out of the league in 3 seasons. We could go out of business. The human race could destroy itself in a nuclear holocaust. Is it within our power as LCFC fans to stop any of this happening? No, so don't worry about it. Negativity is infectious.

I'd prefer to think we COULD win every match. We could be promoted. We could go on to win the Prem then the Champions League. It's not going to happen but I won't worry about that either.

I'll just keep supporting my team.

anything constructive or relatively realistic to add? apart from the last comment that was a waste of time.

This time last season we were playing the best football I've seen us play under Pearson and there was a period under Sven where we were unbeatable albeit the results weren't coming at times. Certainly not this season which is what I thought you were on about anyway.

Sorry i did word it incorrectly!

I meant 12 months anyway but yes I agree!

We certainly aren't playing the best football we've played in ten years.

Agree with this. Not even close, in-fact. We've played a couple of very good games but the majority this season have come from nicking a goal (via a penalty), making it 2 before sitting back and inviting pressure.

Our attitude when 2 up is what concerns me the most this year. Barnsley, Blackburn and Yeovil could've easily got draws out of those games if they could finish and it's due to our own negativity.

It's been a very good start, but it's nowhere near flawless in terms of performances and I do fear our luck (because there's definitely a degree of it) may run out at some point.

I would say this is as good as we have been in the last 10 years yeah we had a few excellent results this time last year but I think this season we are looking slightly stronger and more consistant too. Hopefully when Wood is back he can regain that form he had last season if he can get close to that we are looking very strong this season.

I think we're doing OK. Granted, it's not champagne football but you can't expect that at this level. The points tally is healthy enough and that's the bottom line. Poor result at the weekend but I'm confident they'll come back in the right way. I'm not unduly worried.

We're as good as Burnley, they won't be there in the new year for me. QPR will stay up there and I'm more worried about Forest and Watford. But we need to beat Huddersfield and then were back on track, simple as that. No need to be panicking.

We're as good as Burnley, they won't be there in the new year for me. QPR will stay up there and I'm more worried about Forest and Watford. But we need to beat Huddersfield and then were back on track, simple as that. No need to be panicking.

Not panicking for the record,

Just a 'Could' thread that gets me thinking about the future, 

Never know do we, and we have a past of it!

I think we're doing ok... There is no reason why we can't continue this form (two defeats which is pretty good so far) regardless. The only downfall can only be negative thoughts by the players. There is no reason why morale shouldn't be high, I mean, I cannot imagine this sort of thing being considered at Burnley (although some might say they are 'overachieving' and we arn't, which could carry them I guess).

We arn't playing that well, I mean, the whole 90 minutes against Wigan was good in my opinion, but apart from that we have generally been a team of two halves. However, we have the points to show, and at the end of the day, the league table never lies (even if we are only in early October).

I just think the worst thing for our players to do is to think about what happened last season.

anything constructive or relatively realistic to add? apart from the last comment that was a waste of time.

What's constructive about worrying about things you're powerless to do anything about and spreading negativity in the process?

However, supporting your team is constructive, that at least can affect the teams performance

all teams will lose/draw games they should win thats football we just need to be consistant take are chances and we will be in the mix come the end of the season we might not of played well but were still up there lost 2 im happy with the team only missed 2 games this season some ive watched and thought we were second best but got the result onwards and upwards

Yes the wheels will fall off.

Morgan & Moore are tiring.

The midfield are hopeless away from home.

Nugent isn't scoring apart from penalties.

Vardy will do the same as last season, a lot of huffing but no end product and will be dropped.

Schlupp looks completely uninterested.

Pearson can't get the team to play for 90 minutes and has gifted wins to Charlton & Doncaster.

Schmeichel is not the best in the league and has already given away 5 points this season.

We won't win between now and Christmas and PDC will be manager in January.

Vardy will do the same as last season, a lot of huffing but no end product and will be dropped.

Pearson can't get the team to play for 90 minutes and has gifted wins to Charlton & Doncaster.

Schmeichel is not the best in the league and has already given away 5 points this season.

We won't win between now and Christmas and PDC will be manager in January.

Are you Morriseys love child or something? Could you be more negative?

We won't win between now and Christmas and PDC will be manager in January.

Now do you see what I mean about spreading negativity OP?

COULD the wheels fall off? Of course they could. Absolutely anything COULD happen but if you spent your life worrying about what COULD happen you'd never get out of bed in the morning.

There's just no point, concentrate on what is instead and what is, is that we're 3rd in the league having only lost twice in all competitions. Doesn't matter how we got there, we're there.

Think positive, we COULD be playing premiership football next season

Archived