Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Could the wheels fall off early?

at the end of barnsley we were backs to the wall... 

same with derby,

Same with blackburn (To an extent) 

in the end yeovil could have got an equaliser, 

Like I said, on other days they could easily be 8 points dropped. and so far we have been let off. but we have not taken our chances to put games to bed at all.. and if our individual form gets any worse, as a team we could get undone. Take away the penalties and work out where we would be in the league.

I won't take away the penalties, because they do actually count as a goal, you know?

Yeah, they could be points dropped, they weren't though, so it's all if's and but's. If Drinkwater's shot had hit the post and gone in we'd have one more point at Doncaster, if Wood's shot had gone in off the post against Leeds we'd have two more points. It works both ways.

QPR have scored five fewer goals than us, hardly great football is it? Won most games by one goal, like us, so how do they deserve to be further ahead?

Yes, we've won a lot of penalties, mainly because we've got players in the box who have enticed defenders into making fouls. We aren't given penalties for free, we've got them (bar one possibly) legitimately.

they have also conceeded 2 goals in 11, And with austin looking dangerous expect them to start scoring more.

Legitimate penalties nowadays are a joke, players go down like a Bag of shit, Fair enough they are todays rules and we have won them "fair and square" 

but without them we would be in trouble!

Well essentially if QPR drop to 5th by the end of the season, then no it doesnt count for anything, If we had dropped out of the top 6 last year then being top/2nd didnt make a blind bit of difference, but the momentum counts for everything!!

You might want to re-read the thread. 

Qpr are quite unlucky not to be winning by more. We are quite lucky to be winning in some aspects. its all good 'battering' teams but when your top scorer has 2 in 11 its quite worrying (Take away the penalties) I know penalties count, but konchesky could have taken them!! Just because nugent has 7, Does not mean we will keep this momentum up does it? you seem to assume it does, but by your posts you also assume we should wait until it does go wrong to change it, The whole "If its not broken dont fix it" policy is good... but we are lucky that its not broken, because in so many cases the ref could have broken it for us.

Once again. We have been very fortunate so far. And if the fact we are playing average football is not a worry because you let the fact we are in the top 6 after 11 games not deter you from the facts.

You may just be disappointed again this year...

I CERTAINLY HOPE NOT. But apparently you cannot talk about issues at Leicester city.

Maybe I just don't take life as literal and as seriously as you. "Once again" we don't know what's gonna happen or are going to be able to control what does happen. So why not just look to the next game?

So what if we have been lucky? Surely that's a good thing?

The facts are we have 23 points from 11 games - Carry on like that and we get promoted and at the end of the season the only fact that will matter is if we have achieved enough points to get promotion. Not how well we played throughout the season. You choose to look at the negative side of things, I choose to remain positive.

The start of this thread you said we were playing the best football we've played in ten years, now it's down to average. Make your mind up.

I won't take away the penalties, because they do actually count as a goal, you know?

Yeah, they could be points dropped, they weren't though, so it's all if's and but's. If Drinkwater's shot had hit the post and gone in we'd have one more point at Doncaster, if Wood's shot had gone in off the post against Leeds we'd have two more points. It works both ways.

Sensible, balanced posts are of rarity these days.

In finding my last two pictures of buses I realised that there are some pretty cool buses out there (with either wheels on or wheels off). Can we turn this thread into a thread about the best buses ever? It would be far more interesting and more relevant to what is going on in the real (non-hypothetical) word.

I will start with this one. I am going to call it Snake on a Bus!

post-18797-0-41446900-1381319872_thumb.j

It looks like there is actually a snake crushing the bus!

Yes. Agreed, and they do all count, but you miss the point of this thread. that luck has been VERY much favored with us, When it goes against then what? Accept that our 'Best' striker has scored 1 from open play? Vardy could have taken the penalties and we would be saying he is absolutely ripping the league apart and contributes so much, but because he doesnt, he gets "He works hard but doesnt score enough" and nugent/wood/schlupp/waghorn do???

No thanks. 

Maybe I just don't take life as literal and as seriously as you. "Once again" we don't know what's gonna happen or are going to be able to control what does happen. So why not just look to the next game?

So what if we have been lucky? Surely that's a good thing?

The facts are we have 23 points from 11 games - Carry on like that and we get promoted and at the end of the season the only fact that will matter is if we have achieved enough points to get promotion. Not how well we played throughout the season. You choose to look at the negative side of things, I choose to remain positive.

The start of this thread you said we were playing the best football we've played in ten years, now it's down to average. Make your mind up.

as a passing state, yes we play very well.. but on the whole over 90 minutes, average. Look again, "At times"

as a passing state, yes we play very well.. but on the whole over 90 minutes, average. Look again, "At times"

It's very rare that a team playing someone from  the same division will go 90 minutes completely dominating, playing awesome. At the minute average is enough. Come back when we've gone on a Sunderland run of 1 point in 21 and playing god awful football.

It's very rare that a team in the same division will go 90 minutes completely dominating playing awesome. At the minute average is enough. Come back when we've gone on a Sunderland run of 1 point in 21 and playing god awful football.

we play poorly for 60 mins average.. we have scored 2-3 goals (cannot remember which) in the first half... that 45 mins... 475 minutes minimum and 2-3 goals scored?

the rest all a scored after 50 minutes... and most after 60-65?

Don't worry no problems here. 

I agree, completely, but will we?

I know thats not the point and we do not know,

But everyone will want the managers head if it falls apart, yet at the moment the problems are obvious and nobody seems bothered by anything? very very strange. we are fortunate so far that things have gone our way.

I won't want the Manager's head if it falls apart (which it won't anyway)

we play poorly for 60 mins average.. we have scored 2-3 goals (cannot remember which) in the first half... that 45 mins... 475 minutes minimum and 2-3 goals scored?

Maybe you just don't understand football? Another point of people making their argument sound stronger than it is. Doesn't matter when you score! We have the best record of coming from behind to win in the second half. 1, you probably didn't even know that, 2, if you did you have probably chose to ignore it.

You carry on with your negative vibes, I'll carry on trying to remain positive and looking at the facts like you told me to. 23 points from 11 games. 2.09 points per game. Massive problems at the club it seems lol

I won't want the Manager's head if it falls apart (which it won't anyway)

Good to hear, I never wanted him out of the job when we went on the poor run, unfortunately LCFC fans are notorious for not seeing anything but results. its a results business that starts in the boardroom. 

Well essentially if QPR drop to 5th by the end of the season, then no it doesnt count for anything, If we had dropped out of the top 6 last year then being top/2nd didnt make a blind bit of difference, but the momentum counts for everything!!

You might want to re-read the thread.

Qpr are quite unlucky not to be winning by more. We are quite lucky to be winning in some aspects. its all good 'battering' teams but when your top scorer has 2 in 11 its quite worrying (Take away the penalties) I know penalties count, but konchesky could have taken them!! Just because nugent has 7, Does not mean we will keep this momentum up does it? you seem to assume it does, but by your posts you also assume we should wait until it does go wrong to change it, The whole "If its not broken dont fix it" policy is good... but we are lucky that its not broken, because in so many cases the ref could have broken it for us.

Once again. We have been very fortunate so far. And if the fact we are playing average football is not a worry because you let the fact we are in the top 6 after 11 games not deter you from the facts.

You may just be disappointed again this year...

I CERTAINLY HOPE NOT. But apparently you cannot talk about issues at Leicester city.

This is quite simply the most ludicrous post I have ever read on Foxestalk and there has been some dribble in here.

QPR are unlucky not to be winning by more and we are lucky to be winning?? How many QPR games have you watched this season? They have been hopeless and very lucky in the three I have watched. We have been unlucky not to win our games by more.

We are missing chances but so are they so why are they unlucky and we are lucky?

Our top scorer has 2 in 11? Why do all the negative people want to take away the penalties? For the record if Konchesky had taken them our top scorer would still be on 7 goals, the fact is they crossed the line they all count

and all were stone wall penalties brought on by our attacking play, some may argue we could have had more penalties Yeovil away we could have had 2.

The facts you talk if at the end... The FACT is we are in the top 6 the rest you call fact is opinion.

Do we have a chance of going up this year? Yes we have a chance, so do 7/8 other teams. We are as good as anyone in this league on our day. This has been proved so far...and at least if we don't go up, you can console yourself by saying I told you so...

Sorry do goals in the first half count as more than second half goals?

Maybe you just don't understand football? Another point of people making their argument sound stronger than it is. Doesn't matter when you score! We have the best record of coming from behind to win in the second half. 1, you probably didn't even know that, 2, if you did you have probably chose to ignore it.

You carry on with your negative vibes, I'll carry on trying to remain positive and looking at the facts like you told me to. 23 points from 11 games. 2.09 points per game. Massive problems at the club it seems lol

No, I don't settle for anything, I strive to achieve. Why do we have the best record? We keep conceeding? so thats obviously not an issue because out 1 goal from open play top striker is saving our bacon. and once the penalties dry up its okay because he will start hitting form and save the day by scoring another 20 from open play....

Maybe I see things in a different way, I don't settle for second best, maybe you do, and are too blind to see the obvious underlining problems shadowed by a win/draw?

Woolworths sales were sustainable, but underlining problems caused them to go into liquidation, very similar here, we are getting the results, but the way we are doing it needs to change, or it will go against us at some point, dont just assume we will all of a sudden start slaughtering teams.

I hope we do. however I am a realist.

Sorry do goals in the first half count as more than second half goals?

they count just as much, obviously you enjoy not scoring in the first half and putting pressure on everyone to score 2nd half, especially as we are now the comeback kings... 

For me I'd rather bury the game in the first half, we have the opportunities to nearly every game.

Like i said soon enough the luck will run out and we will get punished unless we step up.

No, I don't settle for anything, I strive to achieve. Why do we have the best record? We keep conceeding? so thats obviously not an issue because out 1 goal from open play top striker is saving our bacon. and once the penalties dry up its okay because he will start hitting form and save the day by scoring another 20 from open play....

Maybe I see things in a different way, I don't settle for second best, maybe you do, and are too blind to see the obvious underlining problems shadowed by a win/draw?

Woolworths sales were sustainable, but underlining problems caused them to go into liquidation, very similar here, we are getting the results, but the way we are doing it needs to change, or it will go against us at some point, dont just assume we will all of a sudden start slaughtering teams.

I hope we do. however I am a realist.

See, you always look at the negative part - "because we keep conceding" not because we score more goals in the second half. Why are you so insistent on there being problems at the club? Why when we've are you thinking about these apparent problems? Enjoy the win!

If I can't assume we are going to slaughter teams, how can you assume the wheels are going to fall off? Your posts are of very little logic. How can you settle for second best over something that you have no control over?

Anyway, keep contradicting yourself. :thumbup:

See, you always look at the negative part - "because we keep conceding" not because we score more goals in the second half. Why are you so insistent on there being problems at the club? Why when we've are you thinking about these apparent problems? Enjoy the win!

If I can't assume we are going to slaughter teams, how can you assume the wheels are going to fall off? Your posts are of very little logic. How can you settle for second best over something that you have no control over?

Anyway, keep contradicting yourself. :thumbup:

A contradiction? maybe you would like to invest into a dictionary and read up a bit, then quote the 2 instances that i contracted myself?

Always looking at the negative? is conceding a goal first and having to come back from behind to win points a positive then? or shall we just sell the defence? If we concede there is always a negative. 

If we do not score it is always a negative, HOWEVER, we are, at the moment. But from the spot. so you rely on 30 penalties a year? or do you just expect we will keep getting them? if not, then where are the goals coming from? 

you really are uninspiring, Never wanting to improve, too content on being 3rd after 11 games, if we finish 1st then great, I won't be wrong. it just means that the issues were sorted, 

If the problems persist and we drop to 9th, no doubt you will pipe up about the problems we have and why we are not winning and conceding... 

Yet I am not allowed to voice an opinion over the negatives we have. purely because we are 3rd?

Sorry everyone, please leave the thread, Bert has cracked it. 

We are 3rd therefore there are no issues with the club and all is well. Don't worry anybody.

Thank Christ NP is more structured than you. listen to his interviews.

He knows there are problems as well as good points to be taken, you do not seem to see it, it's a shame really that the only way you seem to notice issues is if we dropped to 8th, Not sorting them before they become a problem in the first place.

I doubt it, we have 2 home games coming up against two top half teams and if you look at our form against those teams via statto we are 2nd so expect 6 points to come our way imo

Bloody hope so happy!!

Score predictions?

A contradiction? maybe you would like to invest into a dictionary and read up a bit, then quote the 2 instances that i contracted myself?

Always looking at the negative? is conceding a goal first and having to come back from behind to win points a positive then? or shall we just sell the defence? If we concede there is always a negative. 

If we do not score it is always a negative, HOWEVER, we are, at the moment. But from the spot. so you rely on 30 penalties a year? or do you just expect we will keep getting them? if not, then where are the goals coming from? 

you really are uninspiring, Never wanting to improve, too content on being 3rd after 11 games, if we finish 1st then great, I won't be wrong. it just means that the issues were sorted, 

If the problems persist and we drop to 9th, no doubt you will pipe up about the problems we have and why we are not winning and conceding... 

Yet I am not allowed to voice an opinion over the negatives we have. purely because we are 3rd?

Sorry everyone, please leave the thread, Bert has cracked it. 

We are 3rd therefore there are no issues with the club and all is well. Don't worry anybody.

Thank Christ NP is more structured than you. listen to his interviews.

He knows there are problems as well as good points to be taken, you do not seem to see it, it's a shame really that the only way you seem to notice issues is if we dropped to 8th, Not sorting them before they become a problem in the first place.

Bloody hope so happy!!

Score predictions?

I just don't see what you're exactly trying to achieve? Maybe you're just trying to make a name for yourself on here? Please don't put words into my mouth, or tell me what I want to do, or us to do. You have absolutely no idea that runs through my head. I've never said there isn't any problems at the club either, but go ahead and show where I've said the exact words. .

You've contradicted yourself by saying "this is the best we've played for ten years" and then going on to say "We are playing bad football" and "we are playing average" Then you said "don't assume we are going to slaughter teams"  but you have been assuming that the wheels are going to fall off throughout the thread with comments such as "Like I said, all of the cons that people have commented, are very likely to happen unless we change things" How is that not contradictory?

How can you sort out Dyer not being able to cross before he plays? He has to do that HIMSELF in matches. The same with Nugent scoring from open play.

If we do go down to 9th (There you are assuming again) of course I'll say where I think we went wrong "hence why I signed up to the forum".

If you don't think it's a positive thing that we can come from behind to win then we might as well start an Armageddon now.

Archived