Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

A different Leicester

Now I don't know if I'm mellowing in my old age (24) but I'm finding watching Leicester far more enjoyable. I don't feel apprehensive watching the current side.

When we went 1 down last night there wasn't the usual feeling of dread because I know this team has character and fight. Even when they got the third it didn't feel as if our heads went down and I still expected us to win.

I'm aware its a long season and I have no doubt we'll have a rough patch but I think we're far more equipped to get out of it quicker than last season.

Every player has their own individual role and character and collectively fight for each other which Is great to see.

We shouldn't fear any team in this league imo and should continue with our positive football.

Proud to be a leicester fan

Everyone should be enjoying this.

They are fighting for every ball, they clearly enjoy representing the football club, doesn't seem to be any whining or moaning in the squad and they are producing somem good stuff on the pitch.

This has been my favourite season for a few years now and with Moore, RDL, Drinks, Knocky,, King, Vardy, Wood I'm hoping we've also got the makings of a squad that's going to have a few faces in it for quite a while instead of the merry go round we have with the last couple of managers bringing in oftenly awful players for a quick earner.

whilst I agree with all your points, the younger squad, hungry players, the ability to come back from a goal down, the passion they are showing and whatever NFP is doing in the stand it seems to be working.

The fact there maybe sell on value if needed, as opposed to what's gone on before since CL and RK.

GTF out of here with all this positivity.

whilst I agree with all your points, the younger squad, hungry players, the ability to come back from a goal down, the passion they are showing and whatever NFP is doing in the stand it seems to be working.

The fact there maybe sell on value if needed, as opposed to what's gone on before since CL and RK.

lol

Gary Taylor Fletcher out of here?

Think we are enjoying watching us at the minute. Playing good attacking football and the harmony within the group is excellent. Listening to Hammond and Miquel on the radio on the drive home and they were saying how happy they are despite not featuring, squad game etc. Finally the rogues (St Ledger, Danns, Beckford) have been eradicated from the squad and we are looking good.

I'm not letting myself get carried away just yet.  We were in the top 2 this time last year(admittedly in a tighter table - 6 teams are within 10 pts of 1st right now, there were 11 this time last year) and we haven't played any of our positional rivals yet. You'd be an idiot not to be pleased with our start, but we do still have more or less three quarters of the season yet to play including all of our toughest fixtures.

I'm not letting myself get carried away just yet.  We were in the top 2 this time last year(admittedly in a tighter table - 6 teams are within 10 pts of 1st right now, there were 11 this time last year) and we haven't played any of our positional rivals yet. You'd be an idiot not to be pleased with our start, but we do still have more or less three quarters of the season yet to play including all of our toughest fixtures.

I think for me it's not so much the position or the potential promotion, but the football we're playing. Christ some of the games from around 05-08 were just so dull and depressing that I actually attempted to wean myself off Leicester and just follow non-league football. I think it was a cup game against Southampton in 06, I just thought, sod this.

A lot of people have said that the season in div. 3 restored some kind of faith and pride in the club and I started enjoying the football again. The fact it's continuing and gathering momentum is exciting. I'm quite 'meh' about the Premiership, just hope we can keep the spirit and attacking intent we showed last night. Happy days.

I think for me it's not so much the position or the potential promotion, but the football we're playing. Christ some of the games from around 05-08 were just so dull and depressing that I actually attempted to wean myself off Leicester and just follow non-league football. I think it was a cup game against Southampton in 06, I just thought, sod this.

A lot of people have said that the season in div. 3 restored some kind of faith and pride in the club and I started enjoying the football again. The fact it's continuing and gathering momentum is exciting. I'm quite 'meh' about the Premiership, just hope we can keep the spirit and attacking intent we showed last night. Happy days.

Wouldn't say I'm 'meh' about the premiership but I do know what you mean. It's not the be all and end all. I've always said its more about the journey than the destination for me. If that makes sense lol

Wouldn't say I'm 'meh' about the premiership but I do know what you mean. It's not the be all and end all. I've alqays sais its more aboit the journey than the destination for me. If that makes sense lol

Makes perfect sense! I'd celebrate as much as anyone if we got up but I'm not sure if I'd enjoy scraping mid-table as much as chasing promotion. I'd be happy for the younger fans who started supporting us through the last ten years of mediocrity, but ultimately I just want to enjoy my football on a Saturday / Tuesday night!

to be honest I have no idea about the clubs finances. Meant it more from a personal side that I can still enjoy supporting city even if it is just in the second tier

Our debts aren't really sustainable at this level we need promotion.

When do last season's figures come out?

It'll be interesting to see the total debt and just how much we cut our salary bill by last season.

Archived