Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Nugent

We're not saying Nugent is shit. We're just being realistic and saying he's not at his best this season. Clearly he had a great game yesterday.

Some are saying he's shit. I agree though, he hasn't been great this season but he is still heavily involved in most of our play. He'll come good, hopefully yesterday id the start of it

People fail to realize it is a team game, not one player if we are relying on Nugent to score the goals then we are in deep shit well not really because he is our top scorer!, but this is not the case Vardy et al are contributing we are joint top and long may it continue.

The only deficiency in our excellent team is winger cover, on both Left flank and right.

Some of the complaints on this forum are madness. Nugent has 38 goals in 100 appearances for the club. That record is better than any other striker we've had since Emile Heskey (40 goals in 154 appearances.)

That makes him the best striker to put a Leicester shirt on for over 15 years.

Not good enough my arse. We're joint top going into the last weekend of November!

When are people going to realise that it's Nugents fault that we are clear top, if he had been scoring we would have more points and a better goal difference. The sooner he is gone the better then we can get on with winning the league. I cannot understand why Pearson has not got shot of him and brought in a real striker.

Sarcasm never works on here, made by a little satire will

Nugent's doing well this season, and is without doubt our first choce striker.  For me he's got a bit of everything about his game; good finisher, quick, brings others into play, and work rate.  Of course we'd like more goals though, but he's doing ok and more importantly the team is.

I cringe when I read posts that say we need an "experienced striker".  What is he if not that?  Do we think we're in a position to bring in somebody with a more proven record on our current budget?  Yes he's not Ronaldo, but we're not Real Madrid.

Nugent is a very good player at this level, there is no doubt of that. I said at half time yesterday he needed to be took off and left on the bench for a while as he has not been playing at his best. I also said it was a dilemma though as he does have the quality to be a lot better than he has for some time.

He then goes on to score a great clinical finish and then put himself in the right position perfectly for his second.

That's the Nugent I want to see more often than not and not the one we have had for the last several months. That's why I and many others are frustrated by him, not because we dislike him, think he's crap or are disloyal fans.

Hopefully this second half form will present itself at many matches as we go through the season and we can all love the 'Nuge' again.

Archived