Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Uncle Phil

Record store day.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Managed to get Strawberry Fields/Penny Lane. Well pleased with that as it's what I was going for.

Managed to get that too, I was surprised they still had it when I got there at 12:30. Got Decade by Neil Young as well, his 3 disc best of album. Well chuffed with getting those two.

2 hours ago, thebartonfox said:

Managed to get that too, I was surprised they still had it when I got there at 12:30. Got Decade by Neil Young as well, his 3 disc best of album. Well chuffed with getting those two.

I set off at 9. First place didn't have it but found it as the second. Didn't manage to get the Smiths though ... Now looking on eBay and obviously inflated. Shame. :/ 

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I set off at 9. First place didn't have it but found it as the second. Didn't manage to get the Smiths though ... Now looking on eBay and obviously inflated. Shame. :/ 

Yeah, they didn't have a copy of the Smiths up in Leeds either. The prices on eBay for RSD releases are shameful...

Arrived at forever records in Nottingham at 5.20 this morning and was still number 7in the queue.  First guy arrived at midnight!

however early bird catches the worm as I got everything I wanted

My RSD swag list 
Sugar - copper blue 25th anniversary edition
Bruce Springsteen - Hammersmith odeon 75
Townes van zandt - austin city limits live
The flaming lips - onboard the international space station
Goldie - inner city life 2017 / burial rmx 
Follakzoid feat j spaceman - London sessions 
Jason Isbell - welcome to 1979

by 8.20 record store day was over and I went home for a sleep

Managed to get Procol Harum 'Whiter Shade of Pale' (one of my favourite songs ever) yesterday. Missed it on Saturday but record shop still had it in stock last night so went in after work! It's brilliant. White vinyl too.

I watched a doco about the last Teeside record shop the other day... nothing special really but thought that record lovers might like it.. its called "sound it out"

16 hours ago, ozleicester said:

I watched a doco about the last Teeside record shop the other day... nothing special really but thought that record lovers might like it.. its called "sound it out"

Lance is my hero

Archived