Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Danny Drinkwater

I agree. I genuinely believe DD could be called up in the next three/four years.

The same with James. We all know how brilliant they both are together, complimenting each other's game, knowing each other inside out. Being in the PL will give them that recognition that could possibly push them to an England call up, again depending if we stay up and if they continue to play brilliantly for us. Only problem will be though is that if they manage the PL well, there will no doubt be bigger clubs interested.

Look at the likes of Rodwell, Sinclair ect.

Wants to stay here for the rest of his career. Yes please.

It's easy to say that now but it would only be natural for him to have his head turned if a big club came in for him, with the promise of European football and who can double his wages.

I just hope that if he does get a big move one day that he doesn't do a Rodwell/Sinclair and just sit on their bench. I get the impression he would hate that though.

Think he has the potential to fall into the same category as Muzzy and Lennon for me. He just looks like a Premier League player. Seems to find more time and space than other players and doesn't get flustered when put under pressure. Plays the right ball 90% of the time and always offers an out ball. Matty James also deserves huge praise, they both compliment each other really well.

Can't wait to see those two line up against the big boys. Yes they'll have their difficult games but they are both still young and will learn a lot next season. If we stay up they could really be big players the following season

It's easy to say that now but it would only be natural for him to have his head turned if a big club came in for him, with the promise of European football and who can double his wages.

I just hope that if he does get a big move one day that he doesn't do a Rodwell/Sinclair and just sit on their bench. I get the impression he would hate that though.

Who's to say that club couldn't be us though?

6137258-large.jpg
 Comments (0)

Danny Drinkwater said he would happily spend the rest of his career at Leicester City.

The 24-year-old midfielder has enjoyed a sensational season for City, playing a pivotal part in their Championship title success.

He also earned a place in the Championship team of the year, picked up the club's player of the year award, as well as winning the goal of the season accolade for his strike against Watford.

Drinkwater came through the ranks at Manchester United and had loan spells at Huddersfield, Cardiff, Watford and Barnsley before joining City in 2012, and said the fact he feels settled and is playing regularly for the first time in his career has made a huge difference.

He has one year left on his contract but said he would be quite happy to commit his long-term future to City.

"It is the first year I have been completely settled at a club since United and I think that has helped," he said. "It has shown in my performances.

"I am more than happy to stay here for the rest of my career if that is what the club wants.

"This season has been class and I couldn't hope for any more than the team to get promoted and for me to play a big part in that.

"Winning the awards was a bit overwhelming as any of the lads could have won them. It has been a great team effort."

Drinkwater described City's title-winning season as a dream come true.

"From a team perspective we have achieved everything we have set out to," he said.

"As far as success goes, you can't really top this. You can't beat it.

"This is why we play football. This is why you train every day and what you dream of as a kid."

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/City-news-Star-midfielder-Danny-Drinkerwater/story-21125065-detail/story.html?#ixzz32Qs3Bhs2
Read more at http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/City-news-Star-midfielder-Danny-Drinkerwater/story-21125065-detail/story.html?#ZXGl4sFSTSko4YVK.99

I kind of get that Roy Keane vibe from him. Pearson has said he's quite a complex character and he doesn't always come across as totally happy. But it's quite clear that beyond anything he wants to win! He's definitely a leader and I love the frustration he shows when we misplace a pass or don't win, because it shows how much he wants it. That must rub off on the rest of the squad. That, alongside the footballing quality he has I hope he's here for years to come.

6137258-large.jpg

Comments (0)

Danny Drinkwater said he would happily spend the rest of his career at Leicester City.

The 24-year-old midfielder has enjoyed a sensational season for City, playing a pivotal part in their Championship title success.

He also earned a place in the Championship team of the year, picked up the club's player of the year award, as well as winning the goal of the season accolade for his strike against Watford.

Drinkwater came through the ranks at Manchester United and had loan spells at Huddersfield, Cardiff, Watford and Barnsley before joining City in 2012, and said the fact he feels settled and is playing regularly for the first time in his career has made a huge difference.

He has one year left on his contract but said he would be quite happy to commit his long-term future to City.

"It is the first year I have been completely settled at a club since United and I think that has helped," he said. "It has shown in my performances.

"I am more than happy to stay here for the rest of my career if that is what the club wants.

"This season has been class and I couldn't hope for any more than the team to get promoted and for me to play a big part in that.

"Winning the awards was a bit overwhelming as any of the lads could have won them. It has been a great team effort."

Drinkwater described City's title-winning season as a dream come true.

"From a team perspective we have achieved everything we have set out to," he said.

"As far as success goes, you can't really top this. You can't beat it.

"This is why we play football. This is why you train every day and what you dream of as a kid."

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/City-news-Star-midfielder-Danny-Drinkerwater/story-21125065-detail/story.html?#ixzz32Qs3Bhs2

Read more at http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/City-news-Star-midfielder-Danny-Drinkerwater/story-21125065-detail/story.html?#ZXGl4sFSTSko4YVK.99

This has made my day. Brilliant news.

I'm surprised he's said that. I've always had the feeling he's using us as a stop gap for better things. Especially when Pearson said his goals are sometimes different to the teams..or something along those lines.

Arguably our best player since Muzzy so I'd love him to stay for as long as possible.

Archived