Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Danny Drinkwater

After the first few times I saw him, I wrote on here that Drinkwater would be 'the future of our midfield'. Then he went shite, along with everyone else last season. Now he's come good and should have won Championship player of the season IMO.

His main asset is his engine. Rarely have I seen such a player cover so much ground.

He has improved 70% on last season, when he regularly blew hot and cold. His performances and work ethic have helped the ability of this squad no end, and I am sure he will be at home in the Premiership, should we get there.

Probably deserves to be player of the season.

Oh right, not the useless, unimaginative hoofer you called last season then?

After the first few times I saw him, I wrote on here that Drinkwater would be 'the future of our midfield'. Then he went shite, along with everyone else last season. Now he's come good and should have won Championship player of the season IMO.

His main asset is his engine. Rarely have I seen such a player cover so much ground.

So to summarise.'What I've been saying for ages is....'

Have you got automatic replies set up on here yet Col?

:P:thumbup:

Probably too quiet, if anyone I think James would make a good future captain.

I agree, you get the impression that James would make a good skipper with his work ethic and on the occasions i've heard him speak (Especially that BBC interview)

• 1 month later...

Leicester City: Drinkwater confident squad can succeed in Premier League

By Leicester Mercury | Posted: May 20, 2014

Aims: Danny Drinkwater

Aims: Danny Drinkwater

Comments (0)

Danny Drinkwater says his relationship with Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson has brought the best out of him.

Pearson has described Drinkwater as a "complex character" and admitted they haven't always seen eye to eye, but Drinkwater said their relationship is productive and credited Pearson and his staff for helping him become one of City's top performers.

The 24-year-old struggled initially to cement a regular place in City's midfield when he first arrived from Manchester United in 2012, and there were reports a year ago Pearson had decided to move him on.

However, Drinkwater has been outstanding in City's title-winning campaign and he hailed the influence of Pearson and his staff.

"He has described it pretty funnily hasn't he?" Drinkwater said of Pearson's description of their relationship. "He knows we get along enough.

"As a player and a manager that is all you need.

"If the player wants to work under the manager, which I do, and the manager wants to help the player improve, which he does, then that is great.

"The staff will get involved and try and improve me as much as we can and I am more than willing to take my game to the next level.

"Hopefully, I will do that."

Drinkwater is convinced City will be able to compete in the Premier League.

City's player of the year said he is certain the club will make an impact in the top flight after clinching the Championship title.

He admits the squad requires a few additions before they make the step up but said there is a sense all the City players, especially the ones who have never played in the Premier League before, are relishing the chance to show what they can do on the big stage.

"It is great," he said. "I have targets all my life and now I am happy and I can't wait for us to get the chance to show what we have got in that league.

"If we can keep the same squad, and add a few additions, I am sure we will be able to kick on and do just fine."

Drinkwater said he will again be driven on to maintain high standards by the strength of City's midfield options, with Matty James, Andy King and Dean Hammond all vying for the central midfield slots.

"Matty and I have been top together," he said.

"Dean and Kingy have been unbelievable as well. They have both stepped in towards the end and have been tremendous. We have a great squad and hopefully we can do it in the Premier League."

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-Drinkwater-confident-squad-succeed/story-21113692-detail/story.html#ixzz32F3Rbi6v

Read more at http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-Drinkwater-confident-squad-succeed/story-21113692-detail/story.html#AdWwkPP0UPojSMD1.99

His personality intrigues me as well, especially after Pearson admitted that he's a complex character

Ive had the pleasure of meeting him, and although Ive not spent a massive amount of time in his company I can say, from my experience, he is a very nice character - down to earth and very amusing.

Archived