Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Voll Blau

Embarrassing chants tonight

No, the morons who think they have special rights, because they go regularly. Sorry, but you don't have them, and ought do do some growing up. They are probably too thick to understand that though.

So I'm meant to be embarrassed? By what exactly. Staying to the end to support my team, clapping the boys of the pitch in recognition of what they have achieved this season, rather than let the events of 1 game tarnish the previous 40.

If a few people feel they wish to voice a bit of disapproval at people who turned up for a party and got the hump that the 1 game they turned up for turned out to be shit. Then **** it why not.

For the record I only sang songs.in support of the team. But I'm sick of the shit I get sat round me when we achieve something, in my experience they tend to know **** all about our club or team.

And this, we need to get home, miss traffic etc. Sorry but do you leave the theatre or cinema early?

The boys may not have earned a round of applause based on last night but to let that overshadow the fact they have done something no other side we have fielded in the last 10 years has managed shows a lack of understanding.

I can only assume they will all be back for doncaster to celebrate then.

Well it's not aimed at anyone in particular so how are they judging anyone? And why would you care if you're comfortable with yourself?

Surely the human brain can overcome a nasty chant by realising if it's not aimed at them?

I don't understand why people get so defensive, when in fact it's aimed at the people who couldn't care less about football fans (and probably football in general).

Well!  :facepalm: 

I've been about half the home games this year, probably about the most I've been since I gave up 12 years of being a ST holder under Craig Levien.

I've been going for 40 years and yes I left early last night I didn't slag the player's off all night because they've done a magnificent job this year. I was however, like a number of people I work with, incredibly hacked off that we hadn't started with our strongest 11.

Anyway I'm on my wait out and the lady in front of me must be in her 70's and is making her way slowly down the stairs with the aid of a walking stick. Now she was probably showing loyalty to this club decades before the teens and twenty somethings with their 'Loyal Supporter's' chants were even born.

For the first time in my life I actually felt a sense of shame In supporting this club. I don't know where the hell this has come from but even at our lowest points never used to turn on our own.

So I'm meant to be embarrassed? By what exactly. Staying to the end to support my team, clapping the boys of the pitch in recognition of what they have achieved this season, rather than let the events of 1 game tarnish the previous 40.

If a few people feel they wish to voice a bit of disapproval at people who turned up for a party and got the hump that the 1 game they turned up for turned out to be shit. Then **** it why not.

For the record I only sang songs.in support of the team. But I'm sick of the shit I get sat round me when we achieve something, in my experience they tend to know **** all about our club or team.

And this, we need to get home, miss traffic etc. Sorry but do you leave the theatre or cinema early?

The boys may not have earned a round of applause based on last night but to let that overshadow the fact they have done something no other side we have fielded in the last 10 years has managed shows a lack of understanding.

I can only assume they will all be back for doncaster to celebrate then.

Why should it bother yo?. It doesn't affect you in any way, and their money is as good as yours. If something this petty is a big deal to you, then you are in for one hell of a shock in later life, where things that do matter, will be common.

Try growing up a little.

Why should it bother yo?. It doesn't affect you in any way, and their money is as good as yours. If something this petty is a big deal to you, then you are in for one hell of a shock in later life, where things that do matter, will be common.

Try growing up a little.

Where at any point did I suggest that anyones money was more important. However lucky them who have money to waste on part of a sporting event.

At what point did you decide it was a big deal to me? As far as I can work out you have gone back to page 1 and taken 1 flippant remark and chose to make a deal of it.

You clearly have as much to say on the issue as I do, just from a differing standpoint.

Oh and I love the fact that your reasoning at the end of every post is I should grow up. I think I've done plenty of growing up to end up where I am in life cheers.lol

Football is my escape from the things that matter. But maybe I just don't enjoy having my experience of it ruined by people who clearly don't give a shit. For those who want to watch a game and come and go as they please, slag players off whatever it is, theres a thing called an armchair and sky.

Makes us look very tin pot. If there was 20,000 and there'd be twats complaining about quieter fans. It's just little boys and sad men who like to show they're the 'best fans''.

Support the team. Why slag you're own fans? Want them to come regularly? Then show them what a great set of fans we are.

Where at any point did I suggest that anyones money was more important. However lucky them who have money to waste on part of a sporting event.

At what point did you decide it was a big deal to me? As far as I can work out you have gone back to page 1 and taken 1 flippant remark and chose to make a deal of it.

You clearly have as much to say on the issue as I do, just from a differing standpoint.

Oh and I love the fact that your reasoning at the end of every post is I should grow up. I think I've done plenty of growing up to end up where I am in life cheers.lol

Football is my escape from the things that matter. But maybe I just don't enjoy having my experience of it ruined by people who clearly don't give a shit. For those who want to watch a game and come and go as they please, slag players off whatever it is, theres a thing called an armchair and sky.

Ruined?

**** me. You're a sad lad if that's true.

I've been about half the home games this year, probably about the most I've been since I gave up 12 years of being a ST holder under Craig Levien.

I've been going for 40 years and yes I left early last night I didn't slag the player's off all night because they've done a magnificent job this year. I was however, like a number of people I work with, incredibly hacked off that we hadn't started with our strongest 11.

Anyway I'm on my wait out and the lady in front of me must be in her 70's and is making her way slowly down the stairs with the aid of a walking stick. Now she was probably showing loyalty to this club decades before the teens and twenty somethings with their 'Loyal Supporter's' chants were even born.

For the first time in my life I actually felt a sense of shame In supporting this club. I don't know where the hell this has come from but even at our lowest points never used to turn on our own.

Very well said, and spot on. These pig ignorant kids, are a bloody disgrace to the club, and the game as a whole. Just a bunch of nobody's really, who pretend to be our supporters. Of course they are not. Quite the opposite in fact, They are the dregs and shame of our fine club.

Makes us look very tin pot. If there was 20,000 and there'd be twats complaining about quieter fans. It's just little boys and sad men who like to show they're the 'best fans''.

Support the team. Why slag you're own fans? Want them to come regularly? Then show them what a great set of fans we are.

Ruined?

**** me. You're a sad lad if that's true.

Well I'll agree we look tin pot. A lot of the time we are. Our support is shocking at times. But for whatever reason the last 10mins last night were brilliant and whilst I never join in with the loyal supporter chants or is there a fire drill etc. Directed at our own.

I do sympathise with those that did and based on the number joining in I would suggest it wasn't the minority that felt that way.

I'm not slagging our fans off just the regular batch of ****wits that tend to turn up for man city, scunny etc and have no real interest in the game.

I think most people can see why after 10 years of dross people didnt want one poor 90mins to overshadow what we all really wanted to be a celebration and whilst it didn't dampen my joy. I just think it showed us up as a club. How many other clubs would have a mass exodus on such a night?

To me it just seems like the ones that are going on and on about it are just trying to big them up as super fans. A bit embarassing really, but on the other hand I agree in the sense that it is frustrating that there has been/will be neutrals watching who couldn't care less about who wins.

Archived