Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Voll Blau

Embarrassing chants tonight

I wonder if all the animosity and vitriol directed by plebs at our own fans was the cause of frustration not being able to chant homophobic crap at Brighton fans? I think a lot of "real fans" came down all pumped up on hate fuel ready to explode. When they realised that it wouldn't be tolerated and the possibility of jail led to them having no option but to turn their anger on other city fans.

Yes thats it, im sure that they all had a homophobic hymn sheet with them  :facepalm:

THE PEOPLE WHO WERE ABUSED LAST NIGHT WERE NOT 'OUR FANS'/'YOUR OWN FANS'!!!

They were sat in the Leicester end because there was no neutral end. If there was a 'here to see a spectacle' end they'd have been in it, hence why they upped and left when there was no spectacle.

These people haven't been here for the last 10 years and if we get relegated and go through everything again they won't be here for the next 10 either. How do I know?! Because anyone who has been through the last decade and waited for this promotion having seen rubbish week in week out would not have upped and left last night. Why?! Because they've either seen it before or because they were determined not to let what happened on the pitch get in the way of them trying to enjoy something they've waited a decade for.

We doubtless all know people that would have been interested in going/actually went last night. From a couple of guys at work who don't even support Leicester to my sister who has never been to a game at the stadium before and has zero interest in football but was suddenly happy to go. People wanted to be there because it was going to be an event, an interesting evening out. When it turned out not to be so they made for the exits.

Those who got what last night was really about, and those who really last night was for, gave them the stick they deserved. If we sell out every week next season, get relegated and sell out again every week in The Championship you'll never hear the "where were you when we were shit?" chant again. When there are people there clearly on a bandwagon you will and I personally have no problem with that.

Nothing annoys me more than this. I don't understand what the 20,000 or so fans who are there 'every week' want. In the Premier League next year, would they rather have the stadium full, which is likely to motivate the players, or have it half empty because 'only real fans' are allowed in. It's an absolute disgrace. Football is not about getting one over on your own fan base because you're there every week, people are allowed to go to football whenever they want.

Nothing annoys me more than this. I don't understand what the 20,000 or so fans who are there 'every week' want. In the Premier League next year, would they rather have the stadium full, which is likely to motivate the players, or have it half empty because 'only real fans' are allowed in. It's an absolute disgrace. Football is not about getting one over on your own fan base because you're there every week, people are allowed to go to football whenever they want.

I reckon having 20,000 singing fans would motivate the players better than 30,000 silent fans. 

Interesting thread, let me put my two pennies worth in.

I fully agree that people are not "plastic" just because they only catch a few games a season. Some people can't afford the time and or money it costs to go week in week out. Fact.

Those who turned up tonight for the first time this season should be welcomed by us all. I personally want our stadium to be full all the time.

What is not acceptable and utterly shameful in my opinion is those who turned up tonight, sat quietly, moaned about the team (who may I remind you have just got us promoted) and then walked out, en mass on 80 minutes.

Thats why the chants started. The chants were justified. Get behind your team, or don't turn up at all.

The chants were in no way justified. How do you know that the people who got up and left after 80 minutes weren't there every game of the season this year? How do you know the 'plastic fans' weren't there til the end. How do you know that the people who left early didn't have somewhere to be? 

I reckon having 20,000 singing fans would motivate the players better than 30,000 silent fans. 

So in order to get in you have to a) be a real fan and go every single week regardless and b) you have to sing. Why can't people just turn up and watch football when they want? It's an expensive game.

THE PEOPLE WHO WERE ABUSED LAST NIGHT WERE NOT 'OUR FANS'/'YOUR OWN FANS'!!!

They were sat in the Leicester end because there was no neutral end. If there was a 'here to see a spectacle' end they'd have been in it, hence why they upped and left when there was no spectacle.

These people haven't been here for the last 10 years and if we get relegated and go through everything again they won't be here for the next 10 either. How do I know?! Because anyone who has been through the last decade and waited for this promotion having seen rubbish week in week out would not have upped and left last night. Why?! Because they've either seen it before or because they were determined not to let what happened on the pitch get in the way of them trying to enjoy something they've waited a decade for.

We doubtless all know people that would have been interested in going/actually went last night. From a couple of guys at work who don't even support Leicester to my sister who has never been to a game at the stadium before and has zero interest in football but was suddenly happy to go. People wanted to be there because it was going to be an event, an interesting evening out. When it turned out not to be so they made for the exits.

Those who got what last night was really about, and those who really last night was for, gave them the stick they deserved. If we sell out every week next season, get relegated and sell out again every week in The Championship you'll never hear the "where were you when we were shit?" chant again. When there are people there clearly on a bandwagon you will and I personally have no problem with that.

The guys who left standing next to me were regular ST holders, There are plenty of fickle grumpy old gits who have gone down to moan every week for the past 20 years , plenty of regular boo boys and fickle “sack him this ant good enough regularsâ€

This is all about the need to make you self feel big buy making someone else look small, I stood up and sung at the end it was the high light of a disappointing evening I had re arranged work and spent £35 in fuel travailing down for.

What makes me cringe is the negativity and almost hatred of people whom are chomping at the bit to have a go at other people in the ground. If some of them were first timers they will not come again and I can’t blame them.  It actually puts me off going myself.

Going on about plastic fans that just moan is a bit ironic don’t you think?  

So in order to get in you have to a) be a real fan and go every single week regardless and b) you have to sing. Why can't people just turn up and watch football when they want? It's an expensive game.

Not sure where I said any of that. 

I was just disagreeing with you on what would motivate a player. 

Well that was the problem. The 4th goal went in and there was a mass exodus, which cued the chants about the loyal supporters. Yes people had places to be etc, but thousands poured for the exits, giving up on a team that had just got promoted and suffering quite an obvious promotion hangover.

I don't condone the chants but it was pretty shameful to see so many people leave with 10 minutes still to go.

who were the ones that had given up last night?

Its no coincidence this happned the game after we got promoted.

The team were probably still a little hung over from the weekend.

lol

I simply do not get the idea of leaving a game before its end, but if the team cant be bothered why should the fans?

Not blaming the team, mind... achieving promotion with 6 games to go is a massive effort..

The guys who left standing next to me were regular ST holders, There are plenty of fickle grumpy old gits who have gone down to moan every week for the past 20 years , plenty of regular boo boys and fickle “sack him this ant good enough regularsâ€

This is all about the need to make you self feel big buy making someone else look small, I stood up and sung at the end it was the high light of a disappointing evening I had re arranged work and spent £35 in fuel travailing down for.

What makes me cringe is the negativity and almost hatred of people whom are chomping at the bit to have a go at other people in the ground. If some of them were first timers they will not come again and I can’t blame them.  It actually puts me off going myself.

Good! If they were a first-timer last night who left when the 4th went in then I'd be delighted not to see them back.

You know why?! Because people like that (and anyone who is getting seriously bothered about us losing 1 game, 1 game, a single game, that's 1 game, just the 1, of the last 22 games) clearly have unrealistic expectations about what it is to support Leicester City and their influence inside the ground can only be negative.

These are the people that will put pressure on Pearson next season if we have a bad spell, that will constitute 'Leicester fans' turning on their manager, that may even outright call for his sacking. Anyone who has been through the last decade will know that Pearson has earned our unwavering support for the entirety of next season because without him we wouldn't be in a situation where 6,000 can turn up to a promotion party. The 20,000 that stayed til the end showed that kind of backing that is owed to the current set-up.

So yeah, fvck the first-timers who scarpered because the promotion party wasn't what it was meant to be. Leicester City hasn't needed them up til now and won't need them from now either.

Only my 3rd match this season, in C2 this time.

Saw a few chaps leave around 70 mins in after the third goal, no coincidence.

It's not about oneupmanship on other fans, but the atmosphere for the last 10 mins with those remaining was infinitely better.

Quite a fans leave early regularly and probably have good reason to, but the fact is that those who remained generated a better party atmosphere.

The other fact is that we will lose plenty of games next season, so can imagine those impatient bandwagon jumpers will be heading off potentially sooner when the likes of Citeh, Liverpool and other big boys come to town.

It was just one game of an amazing season so far.

UTC.

To be fair im quite glad all the plebs left early, because that seemed to spark a decent atmosphere in the Kop when they left

Sorry don't understand why they are plebs? Please explain if your small brain can handle it

Good! If they were a first-timer last night who left when the 4th went in then I'd be delighted not to see them back.

You know why?! Because people like that (and anyone who is getting seriously bothered about us losing 1 game, 1 game, a single game, that's 1 game, just the 1, of the last 22 games) clearly have unrealistic expectations about what it is to support Leicester City and their influence inside the ground can only be negative.

These are the people that will put pressure on Pearson next season if we have a bad spell, that will constitute 'Leicester fans' turning on their manager, that may even outright call for his sacking. Anyone who has been through the last decade will know that Pearson has earned our unwavering support for the entirety of next season because without him we wouldn't be in a situation where 6,000 can turn up to a promotion party. The 20,000 that stayed til the end showed that kind of backing that is owed to the current set-up.

So yeah, fvck the first-timers who scarpered because the promotion party wasn't what it was meant to be. Leicester City hasn't needed them up til now and won't need them from now either.

Firstly amen to your statement about person earning of “unwavering support†for next season I will stand with you on that one.

Secondly I don’t feel you have understood my drift here, I’ve made quite a few points and you have just talked about first timers going home.  Did I mention these people were going home after the fourth goal?   the point I was making is that “The guys who left standing next to me were regular ST holders, There are plenty of fickle grumpy old gits who have gone down to moan every week for the past 20 years , plenty of regular boo boys and fickle “sack him this ant good enough regularsâ€

Your trying to pin a certain behaviour on a group in order define them as not worthy of going to our football club.  I refute that observation is correct.   It s just an easy way for people who like to make them self’s feel better by making other feel small,  If it was about leaving and being negative what about the regulars that do it as I pointed out ???

There is a desire here to inflate your own self esteem, it’s the same mentality that makes people sing “if you watching on TV then you’re a c*nt†(even when it’s not on TV!) mate I’ve got a  son I thinking of taking now when I take him down he might think didn’t we watch the mighty foxes on TV last game?  I’d say yes son those lot over there think we are cuvts, just think about that.

You’re just trying to vilify a group, and then label them “plastic†to make it black and white, us and them. Life is never that cut and dry.  I am actually depressed about last night now, the club send out riot police to intimidate the fans , then a load of fans abuse some of the other fans both before and after some people leave ( and yes i think leaving was a sh*t thing to do the same as you do mate) but clearly making out it is all these "plastic day trippers" who are not as great and worthy as you is not justified and actually a reason a man would think twice about taking his friend or son to a game, And that’s a good thing is it..

Guest LCFC_World

I don't agree with these kind of chants. But I feel as if there were too many people that came and never said a word. Imagine the atmosphere if everyone sang. Would have been amazing. "Where were you when we were sh*t" - that one really annoys me, people can not make it every week and do not deserve to be treated that way. Also, I saw people singing that stupid chant who I had not seen against Sheffield Wednesday, or the week before that or the week before that, so it's obvious that they do not attend many games anyway. Overall, everyone is welcome to the king power stadium, as long as you do not moan about every thing that goes on, or a little loss. (And stay until the end to clap your team off) Oh, and you should try to appreciate peoples support for the team, instead of slating it with crap chants.

Well I think the score line wont have helped that, but I don't really get that argument anyway, if those seats were empty, they're would be no noise coming from them, if that seat has a prawn sandwich munching day tripper in it, it has no noise coming from it, if it's coming from a fan who's only turned up to see us smash Brighton and invade the pitch, there's going to be no noise coming from it after Brighton go one goal up, either which way about it, you've got no noise coming from it. They might not be singing but they certainly aren't stopping you from doing so and they putting money into the club so why do you have to berate them for it. Your not going to get sell out of people who want to turn up every week and sing for 90 minutes that's a pipe dream, it doesn't even happen at Dortmund. 

Totally agree in normal circumstances but this was the first game since promotion - I think a few people made the naive assumption that our fans might want to celebrate that achievement.

I don't agree with these kind of chants. But I feel as if there were too many people that came and never said a word. Imagine the atmosphere if everyone sang. Would have been amazing. "Where were you when we were sh*t" - that one really annoys me, people can not make it every week and do not deserve to be treated that way. Also, I saw people singing that stupid chant who I had not seen against Sheffield Wednesday, or the week before that or the week before that, so it's obvious that they do not attend many games anyway. Overall, everyone is welcome to the king power stadium, as long as you do not moan about every thing that goes on, or a little loss. (And stay until the end to clap your team off) Oh, and you should try to appreciate peoples support for the team, instead of slating it with crap chants.

A normal person (not me) is obviously going to be less likely to want to jump around and sing when the guy next to him is sat there like a mute. The silent fans mixed in with fans that want to sing do have a detrimental affect on the atmosphere. We don't have enough singers to counteract the problem when we get an influx of people who don't want to jump around like an idiot.   

Archived