Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

World Snooker Championship 2014

Am I right in thinking Ronnie has only been getting a spot in the World Championships for the last two years because he's world champion, as his ranking is too low for him to qualify the normal way? So next year he'll either have to play more to improve his ranking, or he'll have to go through qualifying?

Am I right in thinking Ronnie has only been getting a spot in the World Championships for the last two years because he's world champion, as his ranking is too low for him to qualify the normal way? So next year he'll either have to play more to improve his ranking, or he'll have to go through qualifying?

Correct, can almost see him not being arsed trying to qualify.

That's what I was thinking. Because we know he doesn't want to play a shit load of tournaments throughout the year. Be interesting to see which choice he takes. You'd imagine he'd waltz through qualifying if he tried, especially if he keeps a half decent ranking, but it's whether he can be arsed.

Unless Hearn's invitational thing is in place by next year, then he might just get in that way.

They've changed it to prize money as opposed to ranking points for next season I thought, meaning Ronnie's 4th somehow. 

They've changed it to prize money as opposed to ranking points for next season I thought, meaning Ronnie's 4th somehow.

He is fourth for winning the masters, the world championship, getting to the final this year and winning the welsh open....

Guest MattP

Shed a small tear last night watching this as well.

A world champion from the Parks, incredible stiff

He is fourth for winning the masters, the world championship, getting to the final this year and winning the welsh open....

Something is a bit wrong to me when someone can jump from outside of the top 32 to 4th because of a change of ranking system. And his World Title last year wouldn't count now anyway and the Masters isn't a ranking event. 

Archived