Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Oasis.

Went to see them live and they were awful. Although it was one of the last concerts they did so not in there prime and without Noel.

Based on that concert alone i couldnt care less if they reformed. Kasabian supported them and were incredible.

Not wishing to come across 'trolling' but - apart from a good-in-a-kind-of-low-fi-derivative-way debut album - Oasis have been spectacularly gash for pretty much their entire existence.

To be fair, Oasis arn't my favourite band. I know that sounds obvious given what I usually post in the music forum, and I'd be more excited if it was The Smiths or The Jam getting back together for example (though that will never happen). However, we don't have many true bands with that rock 'n' roll "I don't care what I do" attitude anymore. Arctic Monkeys might slip into the category, that's what I think anyway.

Oasis' early stuff was good, I love both "Definitely Maybe" and "Morning Glory" and I felt some of their later stuff wasn't as good but still take nothing away from the likes of "Lyla", "Importance Of Being Idle", "Little By Little" etc.

Saw them 4 times and they didn't really disappoint even the time in Magaluf 20+ degrees they came on at midnight Liam in a white parker he must of been melting inside! They are quality live and who ever side the Manchester gig will be the best is right saw them at the Eithad and they were amazing and so was the crowd. I personally dont think they should play Glasto they should play to their own fans not some jumped up hipsters (I'm not jealous at all about not getting a ticket ;) ) worrying thing is how much they would charge. Would love them to do Definitely maybe start to finish as it is 20 years this year.

Good. The first time I'm not going Glasto in 10 years and I'm gutted. Couldn't handle Oasis being on too.

One day brothers.

The Libertines will do for this summer.

exactly i hope they dont get back together just yet!

Very tempted by the Libertines gig in Hyde Park some decent support bands to. Randomly worked the door in a mates pub in Bedworth back in 2001 just before they got signed. How they managed to play I have no idea they were absolutely wasted couldnt hardly walk but then they got on stage and were quality. Next time i heard of them they were support the strokes at a gig i was at. 

Good. The first time I'm not going Glasto in 10 years and I'm gutted. Couldn't handle Oasis being on too.

One day brothers.

The Libertines will do for this summer.

Even though it's just to pay another of Doherty's bills, the Libertines gig will be top draw, ala Reading 2010.

I just can't see an Oasis comeback ever, would absolutley love it though.

Think this has all been orchestrated from the off, the falling out, the splitting up. Gives them a chance to go and do something new for a bit then come back for a bumper pay day 2016ish, bang another album out Noel wrote a decade ago and a world tour selling out the biggest venues in the world. They're not stupid.

• 2 months later...

Think this has all been orchestrated from the off, the falling out, the splitting up. Gives them a chance to go and do something new for a bit then come back for a bumper pay day 2016ish, bang another album out Noel wrote a decade ago and a world tour selling out the biggest venues in the world. They're not stupid.

In some ways I hope you are right

Music needs Oasis

Archived