Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
My Nads

Underrated players

Let me start by saying EVERY Leicester player has been fantastic this season and this isn't about who's the best or worst. I just wonder why some players are always praised regardless, even if they haven't played particularly well and other players are criticized unduly after almost every game. The obvious names are Knocky, constant praise and Konch, constant criticism.

For me the most underrated player this season has been Nugent! He deserves more recognition, he is a great player, but I hardly ever hear anything good about him from other Leicester fans. Most of the praise comes from the opposing fans, because “he always scores against us†So who do you feel hasn't had enough recognition this season?

Matty James. I'm still searching for a weakness to his game.

He needs goals and a bit better heading. But you're right, if he shows up in the PL then he's going to be wanted by many.

in all seriousness I think Gary Taylor-fletcher, yes he is overweight but he has came on and had some important cameos, unfortunately  our fans just seem to take the piss out of him for being overweight. but I think he will be a important member of the squad next season coming off the bench to see the game out!!

He needs goals and a bit better heading. But you're right, if he shows up in the PL then he's going to be wanted by many.

His heading has never really stood out as a weakness to be honest but I suppose it's something I've just not noticed.

He's got a goal in him, that's for sure. I thought he'd get more this season though. He can finish, he's actually pretty skilful and he's a very decent passer. Good ball-winner too.

He's the best all-round midfielder we've had in years for me. I reckon he can play for England.

in all seriousness I think Gary Taylor-fletcher, yes he is overweight but he has came on and had some important cameos, unfortunately  our fans just seem to take the piss out of him for being overweight. but I think he will be a important member of the squad next season coming off the bench to see the game out!!

Great shout that. Very good target man on the floor.

Agreed. Technically, I think he is the best in the squad. His touch is excellent.

Guest MattP

Richie De Laet.

Has now developed into a solid defender as well as a man of vital importance offensively, now one of the first names on the team sheet and is only going to get better. Was as good as Trippier over the second half of last season.

Fortunately for us he has gone under the radar, if he was English he would be being linked with all sorts of clubs and a price of 6-7million would be being banded about.

*waits for Col to enter thread with suggestions*

Harry Redknapp.

De Laet is a brilliant full back/wing back and I'm sure will continue his form and continue to grow in the Premier League.

Matty James is a brilliant shout, I sometimes find watching him and Drinkwater together frustrating, but then I only see highights, Live Sky Games and 1 or 2 games a year. They frustrate me because sometimes they're just too close together, but this can't be happening all the time else I'm fairly confident you guys would have noticed it. But When you look individually and over the course of the season together James and Drinkwater have been superb, and that brilliant but it leaves me feeling bad for Kingy as I think he is quality also but cant get in the side.

Jeff Schlupp at Left Back, this lad is massively under rated, he had a great end to the season and because of his striking talents he gets forward better than our other left sided defensive options, granted against better teams he may be found out but he's only young and can develop in to a good if not better all round left sided option.

I think he'll chip in with a few goals next year. To me, his biggest weakness is a lack of real pace - albeit an attribute not vital in his position.

An excellent player who has the potential to improve even further.

Matty James. I'm still searching for a weakness to his game.

He's not got a left foot and he's not the quickest. He's class though. Could effectively play any type of role in midfield. He's a real star.

Taylor-Fletcher for me. For a guy of his sort of build you wouldn't expect him to be capable of much, but he's got a fantastic touch and a great footballing brain. 

Am I right in thinking it was him who managed that beautiful assist/cross where he clipped it back in with the outside of his right foot as it was going out? Some fantastic stuff to watch at times.

Matty James is one of the most underrated players in the country, let alone Leicester.

In terms of underrated, I'd have to mention the player who kept a clean sheet vs AC Milan in the Champions League last season. Marcin Wasilewski.

I don't think Wasyl gets enough credit. Yeah people mention him being a beast, and a hard hitter, but not many would've expected him to keep Moore out of the first team for more or less the rest of the season after his injury. Before that everyone was saying Moore was one of the players of the season, and rightly so, and Wasyl came in and consistently played superb and kept him on the bench. Takes some doing.

Archived