Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

HELP is at hand for General PC queries, not Foxestalk ones

Need help opening ports on my BT-Home-Hub Router so i can play fifa online.

Anyone know how?

Tried ringing BT but had to hang up incase i got done for being a racist over the phone, they were that bad

• 2 weeks later...

Any Excel experts out there?

I have a spreadsheet with a tab for each month labelled January, February etc

Is it possible to create a macro so that at the click of a button the user can delete a number of tabs?

i.e. Click a button, type in May and then the macro will delete all tabs from May to December

Any help truly appreciated :thumbup:

My internet explorer is going so slow it's unbearable. I've had nothing but problems with it so could anyone suggest what the problem could be?

The internet?

Internet Explorer?

They're probably high on the list of what could possibly be the problem

More a mobile phone query than a PC one but some techo geek might be able to help. Problem: wanting to transfer texts from old mobile (Motorola K1) to new mobile (Samsung U900 Soul). The texts are saved on the M'rola phone, not the sim card or (as far as I can tell) the micro memory card thingy. There appears to be no option to transfer them anywhere (both phones are bluetooth but the Motorola doesn't seem to give a 'send by bluetooth' type option). Any ideas? Is there anyway I can transfer them to my PC (using a bluetooth USB dongle, thingy, for example), then move them to the new mobile?

Suggestions...?!? :dunno:

More a mobile phone query than a PC one but some techo geek might be able to help. Problem: wanting to transfer texts from old mobile (Motorola K1) to new mobile (Samsung U900 Soul). The texts are saved on the M'rola phone, not the sim card or (as far as I can tell) the micro memory card thingy. There appears to be no option to transfer them anywhere (both phones are bluetooth but the Motorola doesn't seem to give a 'send by bluetooth' type option). Any ideas? Is there anyway I can transfer them to my PC (using a bluetooth USB dongle, thingy, for example), then move them to the new mobile?

Suggestions...?!? :dunno:

Erm... no

Actually, I know with Sony Ericssons come with software that allows you to transfer your contact book, texts, calender etc do your PC, but I'm not sure if it's the same for Motorolas and Samsungs.

I don't know if this has been asked but:

Registry Cleaners

Can anyone recommend a good free one that works with Vista?

Are they worth the money?

If I have to how much should i expect to pay for a decent one?

Ive used it on two versions of Vista and its worked fine for me.

Edit: On the site it has this under the bug fixes.

- Added Vista Thumbnail Cache cleaning.

So I guess it works fine with Vista?

Edited by coale39

Ive used it on two versions of Vista and its worked fine for me.

Edit: On the site it has this under the bug fixes.

- Added Vista Thumbnail Cache cleaning.

So I guess it works fine with Vista?

Sorry Coale my previous pre edited post was complete and utter bollocks you're right it does work with Vista but I still have issues.

Well it seems to have found a fair bit of stuff but it's still a bit slow booting up and running.

You sure its reg probs? Try the following things that in my experience slow up computers: (You will have prob done all the stuff anyway but cant harm listing it!)

1. Run all antispyware, virus etc programs.

2. Use CCleaner to clear out crap and also use reg clean on it.

3. Then run the advanced windows care program. When its scanned, clickon startup manage. This shows the programs which always start up. If your not sure you need it, click on it then click online search. Gives a description there. If you dont need it, delete or disable the entry.

4. Free up hard disk space. If ya hard drive is full, it can slow it down a bit.

5. Defragment your hard drive. Its in system tools.

6. If all else fails, format your hard drive and reinstall windows again! Be like a new PC. Used to do this a few years back to my old family PC, just to keep it running!

Youve prob already done all this anyway! :D

Have a laptop - ASUS x53 series....with Vista.

All the volume settings are on 100%, but the sound is still really low compared to what I'd choose to have.

I have a set of speakers from an emachines pc bought in 2001, but when i plug them in the sound level decreases. There's no manuel volume adjuster on the speakers, and when plugged in the speakers are set to 100% in all fields, but the sound is still relatively low.

Anything I'm missing as to raise the volume when playing music?

Or do I need better external speakers, and if so where can i buy these for good value?

Thanks in advance.