Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

HELP is at hand for General PC queries, not Foxestalk ones

HTML help required.

I'm doing a questionnaire for my final piece of research for my dissertation, and i've got the whole form set out okay, but no matter what i try, i can't get the submit button to work and submit the answers to my email address :blink:

Has anyone got any idea what the code could be?

I'm pretty sure most browsers banned the form results direction to email action, the code is <form action="mailto:[email protected]"> but like i say I'm pretty that won't work in most, you need to use a server side script in something like PHP to receive the form data and then email it to you.

something like

<form action="handler.php" method="post">

<input type="text" name="input1" />

<input type="text" name="input2" />....

</form>

then the handler.php file to be

<?

$input1 = $_POST['input1'];

$input2 = $_POST['input2];

$body = "Input 1 is $input1, input 2 is $input2";

mail( "[email protected]", "subject of email", $body );

?>

I'm trying to play a DVD on my computer but according to Windows player and real player I don't have the right software. I'm guessing I'll have to go out and buy something unless someone can tell me otherwise. Any advice would be helpful.

I'm no expert so this is likely not to work, but try DivX.

Does anybody know of a free piece of software that allows you to delete duplicate files?

Or is there anything built into Vista?

Thanks.

Well I managed to find one called DoubleKiller.

Just in case anybody is actually interested like. ;)

My kids want a wireless modem so that they can play their DS Lites on wi fi. They seem to range from £30 to £80. Is their any reason why the dear ones are better than the cheap ones?

Can anybody recommend a good one?

Always used Dray Tek and never had any issues with them. I assume the cost would relate to the range and strength of the signal.

Wireless doesn't work in my house. I think its because of the steel and the dense blockwork internal and external walls as a word of warning.

Can you install FM 2008 on a Windows Vista laptop?

The FM booklet says you can but the last time I installed a game the laptop went bust. We've had a few problems with this laptop recently and I dont want to do anything else to it..

Ive run Footbal man 08 on two computers with Vista. Worked fine.