Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

HELP is at hand for General PC queries, not Foxestalk ones

Can anyone help? I downloaded 4 on demand and it worked when i stream the programmes but now all of a sudden you can only hear the sound but not seen any picture, I'm a windows vista user but i dont get why all of a sudden there is a poblem! please help if you can thanks

Uninstall then restart you computer?then reinstall and try again?

my internet connects via usb. how can i change it so it connects through ethernet? as long as the usb cable is unplugged, i cant get the internet. is there something else i need to do?

Repace the usb cable for an ethernet one.

The last time i installed a cable modem, i was back home. I removed the usb lead and connected up the Ethernet lead. This was some time ago because I then used the cable modems installation cd ( when it was NTL) and reinstalled the modem, selecting through Ethernet instead of usb. It then worked. I don't know anything else that's technical....

• 2 weeks later...
should a a disc i burnt on xp work on vista? i burnt 'someones' stuff off 'my' pc to put on one running vista, but it just ejects the disc, like it's some foul smelling vermin. bloody bill gates.

Yes it should.

Maybe it is the disk, they can be funny buggers you know. Check that it works on an XP machine...if it doesn't then you'll need to check that you haven't put it down and put a foul smelling vermin in the CD case by mistake.

• 2 weeks later...

Question: how do i put page numbers into word, so the first few pages are in roman numerals (e.g. i, ii, iii, iv etc), and then the page numbers change into normal numbers (1,2,3,4 etc)?? i can get to so they all are one type or the other, but not both.

Question: how do i put page numbers into word, so the first few pages are in roman numerals (e.g. i, ii, iii, iv etc), and then the page numbers change into normal numbers (1,2,3,4 etc)?? i can get to so they all are one type or the other, but not both.

Cheat and do it as 2 documents? :dunno:

my trust wireless mouse has stopped working......

i pressed a button on the bottom cos i was bored and now it just wont work!!! :frusty::frusty:

help appreciated........

you need to re-synch it, I think. Can't remember the exact details but there should be a small button on the 'dongle' that goes into the USB port - you might need a pen or something to press the button. I think you need to press that button at the same time as the 'reset' one on the bottom of your mouse (yes, you need about 5 pairs of hands) so it resets itself.

Sometimes taking the battery out and in again works as well!

If you're still stuck, repost and I'll bother to check mine properly and give more 'technical' instructions!

My 25 year old nephew has a dead end job in a shop. He's thinking of doing a Computeach, microsoft certified course. Problem is it costs £4k and he would need a loan. He has A levels but he dropped out of Uni.

Is this course worth the money?Many opinions appreciated.

Edited by futter

MS Vista.

Anyone know how to disable the inbuilt email/contacts/calendar as I want to use MS Outlook which is compatable with my phone whereas the Vista bits aren't

Thanks.

MS Vista.

Anyone know how to disable the inbuilt email/contacts/calendar as I want to use MS Outlook which is compatable with my phone whereas the Vista bits aren't

Thanks.

Disable Windows Calendar

The programs are all integrated into the Windows platform and can't be removed/disabled as such... apart from Calendar, which can be disabled by telling the system it's not allowed to open it. The only thing you could try to do is clip the programs' wings a little in the hope that they don't open as much as they'd like to.

Start > Control Panel > Default Programs.

In here, you can set Microsoft Outlook as the default program for all features it's capable of (hit MS Outlook, then select "Set this program as default").

Then, you could go to the other applications and remove the defaults from them. Under each one, hit "Choose defaults for this program" and deselect all the existing defaults.

I use Outlook for mail/calendar/contacts, and because I set MS Outlook as my default mail program when I installed it, I've never even seen any of the other programs at all. My phone syncs with Outlook and nothing else. I've never had any problems, so hopefully making sure the defaults are OK for Outlook should do the trick.

Disable Windows Calendar

The programs are all integrated into the Windows platform and can't be removed/disabled as such... apart from Calendar, which can be disabled by telling the system it's not allowed to open it. The only thing you could try to do is clip the programs' wings a little in the hope that they don't open as much as they'd like to.

Start > Control Panel > Default Programs.

In here, you can set Microsoft Outlook as the default program for all features it's capable of (hit MS Outlook, then select "Set this program as default").

Then, you could go to the other applications and remove the defaults from them. Under each one, hit "Choose defaults for this program" and deselect all the existing defaults.

I use Outlook for mail/calendar/contacts, and because I set MS Outlook as my default mail program when I installed it, I've never even seen any of the other programs at all. My phone syncs with Outlook and nothing else. I've never had any problems, so hopefully making sure the defaults are OK for Outlook should do the trick.

Thanks LWICD, I'll give that a try I've also got to try to transfer everythng over. Unfortunately I didn't realise until I'd set everything up that my phone was incompatable.

Thanks LWICD, I'll give that a try I've also got to try to transfer everythng over. Unfortunately I didn't realise until I'd set everything up that my phone was incompatable.

Mail to Outlook. One hopes the process is similar for contacts/calendars but I doubt it somehow. :S

I fear that, in fact, contacts will be difficult to import/export... a common solution appears to be "Export" the contacts from the first program (Windows Contacts) in .CSV form, and then Importing it into the other program (Outlook).

Mail to Outlook. One hopes the process is similar for contacts/calendars but I doubt it somehow. :S

I fear that, in fact, contacts will be difficult to import/export... a common solution appears to be "Export" the contacts from the first program (Windows Contacts) in .CSV form, and then Importing it into the other program (Outlook).

Contacts is less of a problem as I have most of them on my phone, the main problem is the calendar because i've found it easier and more useful to keep that up to date, but it's annoying at the moment knowing I've got stuff on my PC but not on my phone especially when I'm out and trying to arrange something.

Once again thanks for the tips/links.