Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

HELP is at hand for General PC queries, not Foxestalk ones

My mate's got a problem with an Xbox router or something.

W A T F O R D says:

i want a router that will work with the 360s wireless adaptor. mine wont. and the xbox360 list of compatible routers is old and theyre yank model #

W A T F O R D says:

i just wondered if anyone used one

W A T F O R D says:

i keep finding ones that dont but none that say they do

W A T F O R D says:

its gettin it to work with the wireless bit that seems to be the prob

My mate's got a problem with an Xbox router or something.

W A T F O R D says:

i want a router that will work with the 360s wireless adaptor. mine wont. and the xbox360 list of compatible routers is old and theyre yank model #

W A T F O R D says:

i just wondered if anyone used one

W A T F O R D says:

i keep finding ones that dont but none that say they do

W A T F O R D says:

its gettin it to work with the wireless bit that seems to be the prob

I had that problem!

it was so simple to, the option to access the interenet right in the heart of the settings was usb cable not wireless!

as for the router thing try this oneDIS 1!!

I have had major problems with my computer and have had to completely restore the system.

Fortunately this has gone pretty trouble free but what is annoying me is the scrolling speeds on internet pages, plus when scrolling down a page it goes down about 1/3 of the page after a long delay. Before my old system on the same computer crashed I never used to have this problem so I don't think its something that cannot be resolved.

Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance,

dandannieldanok

I have had major problems with my computer and have had to completely restore the system.

Fortunately this has gone pretty trouble free but what is annoying me is the scrolling speeds on internet pages, plus when scrolling down a page it goes down about 1/3 of the page after a long delay. Before my old system on the same computer crashed I never used to have this problem so I don't think its something that cannot be resolved.

Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance,

dandannieldanok

I think that when you did a system restore it took you computer back to the factory setting and its knocked out all the software and updates your pc has downloaded to keep it running.

one thing i can try and suggest is that you let windows updates download and see if that fixes it if not see below.

1)keyboard or mouse software might need updating

2) graphics card will need updating.

this was happening at my school 2-3 months back and they sorted it, am in tomorrow so i will ask for you then :thumbup:

i think its number 2 tho'

btw how old is you pc?

Edited by Joemundo

I think that when you did a system restore it took you computer back to the factory setting and its knocked out all the software and updates your pc has downloaded to keep it running.

one thing i can try and suggest is that you let windows updates download and see if that fixes it if not see below.

1)keyboard or mouse software might need updating

2) graphics card will need updating.

this was happening at my school 2-3 months back and they sorted it, am in tomorrow so i will ask for you then :thumbup:

i think its number 2 tho'

btw how old is you pc?

Aprreciate your help mate and my computer is not that old, maybe 1 year. I'll investigate further. :thumbup:

Not got a clue mate sorry. It should be good enough because before I did system restore and returned to factory settings it scrolled down perfectly.

Is it still playing up?

all the Ict teachers were installing a new pc suit today so couldn't ask, will defo do tomorrow tho

I just had a query involving 60 wires two routers 32 computers and one angry tennant. But I worked it out.

I am presuming you just gave the tenant 32 computers to make him happy so that he would fetch you some fags? :dunno:

Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance,

dandannieldanok

I have another slight hiccup. My @ sign is input via holding shift and 2 instead of speechmarks which input the other way round by holding shift and the @ button on my keyboard (basically they are the other way round if you get what I mean). Strange and annoying, can anybody solve this problem for me? My existing problem still stands too! :(

Thanks in advance,

dandannieldanok

I have another slight hiccup. My @ sign is input via holding shift and 2 instead of speechmarks which input the other way round by holding shift and the @ button on my keyboard (basically they are the other way round if you get what I mean). Strange and annoying, can anybody solve this problem for me? My existing problem still stands too! :(

Thanks in advance,

dandannieldanok

Sorry no..........but if you are using a laptop and the keyboard is suddenly acting strangely make sure the "number lock" hasn't been activated by mistake. With your original problem have you tried using a different browser?

Thanks in advance,

dandannieldanok

Found one of my ict teachers today and they said if you get the motherboard make and model number and put that and driver into Google it should give you a good download!

for your other thing did you install it English (uk) or (us)?

Well I tried upgrading to IE7 from 6 and it hasn't changed :(

And now I've just found out that when I want to use the pound sign by holding shift and pressing 3 this comes up> # :angry:

1. That's why I was confused since on my keyboard (mine is the US version) those are the keys it represents. Somehow you have changed your keybord settings to an American version, you need to cahnge it back to the UK standard. I'll have look to see how to do that.
  2. Try Firefox

In Win XP, to change the keyboard languages and layout, click the Start button, then choose Settings, Control Panel, and Regional and Language Options. Click the "Languages" tab and then the "Details" button. Add a language and give it properties - one of which is the US-International English keyboard. For Windows XP click Details. Click Apply to finish the process;

In Win XP, to change the keyboard languages and layout, click the Start button, then choose Settings, Control Panel, and Regional and Language Options. Click the "Languages" tab and then the "Details" button. Add a language and give it properties - one of which is the US-International English keyboard. For Windows XP click Details. Click Apply to finish the process;

Smudge you're a legend, it works fine now, thanks mate :thumbup::worship:

just signed up for talktalk broadband ( with my own router , {belkin,} so the tech helpline is not much use ) and mostly everything is ok but i can't access some sites like ebay, hotmail etc , have tried disabling security firewall but still no good and tried the suggested remedies in talktalk faqs

any suggestions would be welcome ; ta in advance

just signed up for talktalk broadband ( with my own router , {belkin,} so the tech helpline is not much use ) and mostly everything is ok but i can't access some sites like ebay, hotmail etc , have tried disabling security firewall but still no good and tried the suggested remedies in talktalk faqs

any suggestions would be welcome ; ta in advance

What web browser are you using?

could be to do with that