Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

HELP is at hand for General PC queries, not Foxestalk ones

on my pc ,i've got windows media player and real player and decided (as i never use real player but it keeps popping up) to uninstall the real player ;

but i've accidentally deleted my sound device as well ( maybe it was realtek :dunno: ) how do i recover it or get a sound device back ; any ideas, thanks in advance :thumbup:

on my pc ,i've got windows media player and real player and decided (as i never use real player but it keeps popping up) to uninstall the real player ;

but i've accidentally deleted my sound device as well ( maybe it was realtek :dunno: ) how do i recover it or get a sound device back ; any ideas, thanks in advance :thumbup:

Maybe search for new hardware and it might find it? Im not sure sorry.

You might have to reinstall a driver or enable the device.

Go to Start, Control Panel, System

Open up the Device manager and click on the "+" sign to look at your sound devices. See if any of them have a problem icon. If not you might have to enable the "realteK" sound card. If there seems to be a problem reinstall the driver.

You might have to reinstall a driver or enable the device.

Go to Start, Control Panel, System

Open up the Device manager and click on the "+" sign to look at your sound devices. See if any of them have a problem icon. If not you might have to enable the "realteK" sound card. If there seems to be a problem reinstall the driver.

thanks ; in the programs i have gone to , accesories>system tools> system restore and there is an option to reset computer to a time before i deleted the sound mechanism ; i have done this and i now have the sound back for cds inserted into the drive, but all my music files already in windows media player are inaccessible and all it says is "try to fix the link (but no explanation how this is done) or delete the file

maybe i will have to uninstall all my music ( about 200 cds ) and reinstall them ; hoping i can avoid this ; thanks again

Edited by Bluesbrother

thanks ; in the programs i have gone to , accesories>system tools> system restore and there is an option to reset computer to a time before i deleted the sound mechanism ; i have done this and i now have the sound back for cds inserted into the drive, but all my music files already in windows media player are inaccessible and all it says is "try to fix the link (but no explanation how this is done) or delete the file

maybe i will have to uninstall all my music ( about 200 cds ) and reinstall them ; hoping i can avoid this ; thanks again[/b]

Whoa don't do that!

It would seem that Real Player was your default and now can't find it. If I was you I'd try reinstalling Media Player by getting the latest version. It will become your default player unless you tell it not to. Then go to the files where your music is stored and double click on a tune; that should work.

Alternatively right click on any music file (tune) and left click on "open with" it should give you a list of programs from which to choose. Pick Media Player or Itunes if you have it and that should also work.

Edited by Smudge

Whoa don't do that!

It would seem that Real Player was your default and now can't find it. If I was you I'd try reinstalling Media Player by getting the latest version. It will become your default player unless you tell it not to. Then go to the files where your music is stored and double click on a tune; that should work.

Alternatively right click on any music file (tune) and left click on "open with" it should give you a list of programs from which to choose. Pick Media Player or Itunes if you have it and that should also work.

thanks smudge :thumbup: i'll try that when i get back ,

I don't seem to have a lot of luck with PC games. Took 3 into Gameworld (Churchgate) that were not working and part exchanged them for another. Guess what? That one does not work. Failed to instal. A box came up with some gobbly gook that would make more sense to Martians.

I emailed GSP support and they said to disable my AV and firewall, do a disc clean up and close applications which did not work. Now I shall have to wait till Monday to try and return it. Are Gameworld about returns?

PS I have been good and not asked any tech questions for a long time so a tinsy little bit of help or suggestions would be gratefully received.

ta. XXXX

I don't seem to have a lot of luck with PC games. Took 3 into Gameworld (Churchgate) that were not working and part exchanged them for another. Guess what? That one does not work. Failed to instal. A box came up with some gobbly gook that would make more sense to Martians.

I emailed GSP support and they said to disable my AV and firewall, do a disc clean up and close applications which did not work. Now I shall have to wait till Monday to try and return it. Are Gameworld about returns?

PS I have been good and not asked any tech questions for a long time so a tinsy little bit of help or suggestions would be gratefully received.

ta. XXXX

Castlemain 4x?

• Obvious question but is your system compatible with the requirements of the game?
  • If you are using Windows XP, have you installed SP2 ( Service Pack 2)?

Found out what the problem is. I do not have the right 3D card or none. I phone the bloke whose does all my upgrades and he says because I was not using my PC for extensive gaming he only added the minimum he thought I would need. Took that game back and exchanged it for two others

Hyper Rails - a roller coaster builder, and Tiger Woods PGA Golf Tour 2000. Neither are working. This is why I phoned that bloke. He's coming tomorrow and picking up what I need on the way from the wholesellers.

TBH I don't have too many games installed so never really thought about the 3D cards. I think he is also adding some memory to it. What he was saying that the games are getting more powerful and its hard to keep up with them.

I tried installing the XP2 but I thought the upgrades from MS would take care of this.

He also has a 19" flat screen going for £19 as well as a TV compatable one.

Smudge

are Netgear HDX101 network points any good?

I have a Sonos ZP100 which keeps dropping off the wireless network which screws up the party mode.

Hardwiring could be done but would be a pain in the arse as I have only just finished painting and filling from the last cables I ran.

Your comments would be appreciated

Hairy

My pc has just crashed again!

DONT GET PACKARD BELL COMPUTERS.

ANd i have lost everything!!

Photo's, Films, Music, games, Everything :cries:

anyone know of a way to transfer music form your ipod on to your pc?

(using the latest version of itunes so is quite hard)

Go on iTunes, and plug your iPod in ad it should ask you whether you want to Sync your iPod? Say no, go on the Ipod options and tick Manually manage music and also enable disk use.

I thnk that should work :thumbup:

Cant you go into my computer(with your ipod plugged in)and explore your ipod just like you would a normal harddrive,and then drag the content out onto your desktop?This should work.

Try Anapod CopyGear.

Dont want to pay £40 odd quid for the full version

Cant you go into my computer(with your ipod plugged in)and explore your ipod just like you would a normal harddrive,and then drag the content out onto your desktop?This should work.

Have tried that but you can only get, calender, notes and contacts

Here is my problem.

I'll be on my computer and all of a sudden it will just freeze, a blue screen will then come up. Below is a picture of the blue screen, not a great one, but maybe it will help some. The writing at the bottom says something like, "Dump of physical memory".

DSC00381.jpg

The other day I took the computer back and he Restored Windows and the Factory Settings, but the problem has continued. After that he put in a DDR2 memory, but still nothing has changed. I know it's not looking good for my computer, but wondered if anybody had any suggestions. :thumbup:

Good idea :thumbup:

try getting a new hardrive or motherboard!

probably cost about £100 but should fix

The blokes taking it in tomorrow and going to look at replacing the motherboard.