Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

HELP is at hand for General PC queries, not Foxestalk ones

Hey

Ok, problem.

After playing on Footbal Manager 06 I saved my game, and as I was pushed for time instead of quitting the game and shuting down my computer normally and pressed and held my power button until my computer shut down.

Nowm around 7 hours later I tried to boot up my computer. It comes up with the screen

"Start In Safe Mode

Safe mode with yadda yadda blah blah blah

After every setting I try i get a blue screen with error code:

*** STOP: 0X00000024 (0X0019011FF,0X81B9F238,0XC0000102,0X00000000)

Can anyone help with this? anything short of formatting my hard driv cuz i've got lots of stuff on there I need and i can't be arsed really to be honest :P

Any help is very much appreciated

try going into safe mode for VGA or something, failing that possible HDD corruption, are you able to remove the HDD put it into another PC as the secondary so you can see it as an additional drive after booting up the other pc, you can recover what you need and then format and rebuild.

• 2 weeks later...

i recently downloaded a firewall (PC tools) from the internet, but now a friend of mine tells me that there is a firewall built into windows xp. should i uninstall one of the firewalls?

Does anyone know how to turn a Itune in to an MP3 file? I cant for the life of me figure it out. And i cant figure out how to burn itunes onto a CD-R either which is frustrating, because i heard that when you put the CD-R back in after you have burned the itune onto it you can save the song into your documents and it will be an MP3 file :angry:

Does anyone know how to turn a Itune in to an MP3 file? I cant for the life of me figure it out. And i cant figure out how to burn itunes onto a CD-R either which is frustrating, because i heard that when you put the CD-R back in after you have burned the itune onto it you can save the song into your documents and it will be an MP3 file :angry:

I'm sure it's being mentioned earlier in this thread. Take a look back. :thumbup:

Quick question, ive got a PC with about 2,000 songs on iTunes and am thinking of swapping to a MacBook. Can i transfer all my songs from PC to MacBook or will i have to put all the CD's in the MacBook, and if so how would i then get the music i have bought off the iTunes store over??

Cheers

If all else fails:-

www.tunebite.com

Tunebite lets you record copy-protected music, audio books and

video clips in WMA, M4P, AAC, M4B and MP4 formats by playing them

and save them as unprotected MP3, OGG, WMA, WMV or MPEG4 files

you can use anywhere! Tunebite legally frees you from the hassles

of DRM copy-protection! Tunebites award-winning concept has been

reviewed and praised by trade journals and Internet portals

around the world as the ideal and totally legal solution for

creating private copies of music and other media.

It can result in a slight reduction in quality but none that I have noticed so far.

any one know how to get a video from youtube onto your phone?

Straightforward downloading to your desktop - use the Firefox pluggin here. Follow the destructions to rename and play it

For other hints and tips - here

I know because I have just ripped

onto my desktop and added it to my website :thumbup:

I've got a laptop that I put into sleep mode every now and then, it's fine you just move your mouse, touch a key and hey presto it's back live, however if I leave it too long it goes into what i assume is hibernation which is also one of the options available when you are closing down, putting in sleep mode etc.

My problem is how do you get the stupid thing to wake up, I've had to resort to holding down the on/off button so that it shuts down completely I then have the situation where it tells me it's closed down accidentally and it takes ages to reboot.

Sensible answers welcomed, stupid ha, ha ones FO. :cool:

I've got a laptop that I put into sleep mode every now and then, it's fine you just move your mouse, touch a key and hey presto it's back live, however if I leave it too long it goes into what i assume is hibernation which is also one of the options available when you are closing down, putting in sleep mode etc.

My problem is how do you get the stupid thing to wake up, I've had to resort to holding down the on/off button so that it shuts down completely I then have the situation where it tells me it's closed down accidentally and it takes ages to reboot.

Sensible answers welcomed, stupid ha, ha ones FO. :cool:

Hibernation is good if i accidentally use it for too long doing uni work. If its not working, increase the percentage in which hibernation occurs because it may run out of power before successful shut down. To do this, right click on desktop, properties, screen saver, power, alarms. Look at Critical battery alarm and change the meter to 5%. If Hibernation is occuring even when it is hooked up, turn it off by right click on desktop, properties, screen saver, power then under System hibernates choose never. Im not a computer expert or anything its just what i would do!! ;)

Edited by coale39

Hibernation is good if i accidentally use it for too long doing uni work. If its not working, increase the percentage in which hibernation occurs because it may run out of power before successful shut down. To do this, right click on desktop, properties, screen saver, power, alarms. Look at Critical battery alarm and change the meter to 5%. If Hibernation is occuring even when it is hooked up, turn it off by right click on desktop, properties, screen saver, power then under System hibernates choose never. Im not a computer expert or anything its just what i would do!! ;)

Thanks for the info, but my problem is how do I get it out of hibernation?

Thanks for the info, but my problem is how do I get it out of hibernation?

What have you tried?

You're usually just required to press the power button - as if you were turning the computer on as normal. Resuming from hibernation should take about 30s from pressing the power button.

If that's not working... :mellow:

Edited by lookwhaticando

What have you tried?

You're usually just required to press the power button - as if you were turning the computer on as normal. Resuming from hibernation should take about 30s from pressing the power button.

If that's not working... :mellow:

If I press the power button in sleep mode it just takes a momentary touch as it does with the mouse. When it goes into hibernation if I press the power button for 30 seconds, possibly less it switches off and I have to repressthe power button for it to boot up. It then comes up with the illegal type shut down and offers a variety of bootup options including normal, but takes an absolute age. Plus if I was in the middle of something I lose it.

Why wont it let me copy and paste articles of the official site?

Have you left clicked on your mouse and dragged it over :dunno::P

or even right clicked it and select all then Ctrl + c

try the right click button!

if all else fails have you tried pressing Esc :dunno:

Have done and yes, in fact everthing. I only found out about the power on off button in frustration.

Have done and yes, in fact everthing. I only found out about the power on off button in frustration.

Pressing random keys :duuno:

or having you tried constantly clicking esc?

Pressing random keys :duuno:

or having you tried constantly clicking esc?

... and when that doesn't work, why not pick the machine up and give it a right good shake? :dunno:

-----------------------------------------

Sorry davieG, I'm without ideas at present.

Is the Hibernate mode important to you? I mean, do you ever actually require it to be in Hibernate mode? Or can you live without it (or prefer not to use it at all)?

You can always disable the ability to Hibernate, if you don't want/need to use this feature, that is.

Disable Hibernation (Vista)

Disable Hibernation (XP)