Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

HELP is at hand for General PC queries, not Foxestalk ones

this might not be the right thread to put this in, but..

Im trying to upload a video onto youtube but it's not working smoothly.

I put the file into the box provided, click upload, then it doesn't work/it's too slow. So I decided to click the (having problems? (or whatever)) link, I put the file into the box again and it works instantly.

Then when it says complete, I go to my page, my video's, and then there's a message in the "info box" to the right saying "public.. (invalid 'something' file).

I uploaded the video about 20-25 minutes ago, so perhaps this might mean something;

"The video you have requested is not available. If you have recently uploaded this video, you may need to wait a few minutes for the video to process."

:huh: help?

this might not be the right thread to put this in, but..

Im trying to upload a video onto youtube but it's not working smoothly.

I put the file into the box provided, click upload, then it doesn't work/it's too slow. So I decided to click the (having problems? (or whatever)) link, I put the file into the box again and it works instantly.

Then when it says complete, I go to my page, my video's, and then there's a message in the "info box" to the right saying "public.. (invalid 'something' file).

I uploaded the video about 20-25 minutes ago, so perhaps this might mean something;

:huh: help?

Just got to wait for a bit before they actually accept it!

Fan, Helps to keep your hardrive cool

Half right...!

The thing with the green cover is the main fan, the grey box is the power supply (although it has a small fan on it) this fan is making a loud noise and sounds as though it is failing.....looks a bugger to replace though :rolleyes: need to unclip AC/DC cables from each component etc, unscrew the supply etc etc

Edited by Bluefoxtim

• 2 weeks later...
Guest seanfox778

Yesterday i went to log on to my Msn messenger as usual and a notice came up saying i had to update to continue

so i did, now it has changed to windows live messenger, i'm ok about that but on my dads file, he uses outlook express

and all his E-mails and contacts have just vanished, and his outlook express has been updated as well, but it is blank.

any ideas what could have happened?

Yesterday i went to log on to my Msn messenger as usual and a notice came up saying i had to update to continue

so i did, now it has changed to windows live messenger, i'm ok about that but on my dads file, he uses outlook express

and all his E-mails and contacts have just vanished, and his outlook express has been updated as well, but it is blank.

Windows Live wiped it clean of all his contacts!

or maybe moved them to an address book?

you had a real good look round OE?

Guest seanfox778
Windows Live wiped it clean of all his contacts!

or maybe moved them to an address book?

you had a real good look round OE?

Yes i've looked everywhere, stupid windows live it could of warned me. oh well.

thanks for the help anyway

Yesterday I went to log on to my Msn messenger as usual and a notice came up saying i had to update to continue

It sounds like Outlook Express has started a new data file, it doesn't mean that the contacts are lost. To find the old file do the following:

• Open Outlook Express
  • Click on "Tools" in top menu
  • Click on "Maintenance" tag
  • Click on "Store Folder" button
  • You should then see a string of folders where the data files are kept
  • Click on "Change"
  • You can now browse for other folders
  • Keep changing the file that is named by numbers and letters (eg 73E268E8-C6DC-43DC-8FEA-9E9E2F2BAB9B) Save the changes and go back to Outlook express and see if it's now showing you Dad's info. If not repeat until you have tried all the files
  • Outlook will always create a new file when an old one has been deleted, lets hope it's still there.

Alternatively once you have discovered where the files are located (write them down since it will be a very long string) you can use the "My Computer" exploring method to find the files and open each one using "Notepad" and looking through the files. There will be a lot of hexadecimal crap but you should be able to pick out old messages.

Good Luck!

Edited by Smudge

Guest seanfox778
It sounds like Outlook Express has started a new data file, it doesn't mean that the contacts are lost. To find the old file do the following:
  • Open Outlook Express
  • Click on "Change"
  • Keep changing the file that is named by numbers and letters (eg 73E268E8-C6DC-43DC-8FEA-9E9E2F2BAB9B) until you find your Dad's old file.
  • Outlook will always create a new file when an old one has been deleted, lets hope it's still there.

Alternatively once you have discovered where the files are located (write them down since it will be a very long string) you can use the "My Computer" exploring method to find the files and open each one using "Notepad" and looking through the files. There will be a lot of hexadecimal crap but you should be able to pick out old messages.

Good Luck!

Cheers i'll try that.

thanks

Guest seanfox778
  • Open Outlook Express
  • Click on "Change"
  • Keep changing the file that is named by numbers and letters (eg 73E268E8-C6DC-43DC-8FEA-9E9E2F2BAB9B) Save the changes and go back to Outlook express and see if it's now showing you Dad's info. If not repeat until you have tried all the files

Good Luck!

Thanks alot Smudge, i found all the old E-Mail addresses.

Help!

I always seem to occur this problem about once a month and I can't fathom why. When I try to use the internet all I get is the standard 'Internet Explorer cannot display the page'. This is very strange because all the necessary plugs are in and so forth, in the bottom right corner everything is normal (signal strength excellent, nothing different to when it works normally e.t.c). This happende yesterday to me and just like before, I tried to get on the internet today, remembering I've not touched anytihng, and hey presto it works fine. I run IE7 and my ISP is Wanadoo/Orange Broadband btw.

Any help/tips/pointers ill be very much appreciated. ;)

Help!

I always seem to occur this problem about once a month and I can't fathom why. When I try to use the internet all I get is the standard 'Internet Explorer cannot display the page'. This is very strange because all the necessary plugs are in and so forth, in the bottom right corner everything is normal (signal strength excellent, nothing different to when it works normally e.t.c). This happende yesterday to me and just like before, I tried to get on the internet today, remembering I've not touched anytihng, and hey presto it works fine. I run IE7 and my ISP is Wanadoo/Orange Broadband btw.

What's the Orange broadband like?

Been wondering whether to get it!

Anyway how long does it happen for?

Have you tried using firefox?

if you download firefox from:

Firefox (actual download link) and then use it for a month or 2 and if you dont get the problem you will know its IE7(possibly a bug) if you do you know its your internet!

Edited by JoeyB or Joey

What's the Orange broadband like?

Been wondering whether to get it!

Anyway how long does it happen for?

Have you tried using firefox?

if you download firefox from:

Firefox (actual download link) and then use it for a month or 2 and if you dont get the problem you will know its IE7(possibly a bug) if you do you know its your internet!

For some reason it usually just lasts for a day, very strange :S

Thanks for the tips, will look into firefox. ;)

As for Orange it's not bad at all, only ever had this problem with it is this really, its pretty fast and efficient. A good package overall although I presume you could probably get a more competitive price because I at the minute we are paying £17.99 a month which is prretty steep compared to some others.

Help!

You may need to refresh your TCP/IP address. If you right click on your internet connection and click "Repair" that should refresh it.

• 2 weeks later...

- Recommended Specification:

CPU: 2.4 Ghz

RAM: 1 Gb

Video Card with at least 256 Mb of RAM

Personally I'd suggest a ATI Radeon X1950 Pro 256MB which you could get for £59.99 here

Although you would have to check compatibility issues especially if your running an onboard graphics card. Also as mentioned above, it's best to make sure the rest of your system is up to spec aswell. :)

EDIT: Also worth noting that with the new DirectX10 graphics cards coming out and Vista & DirectX10 becoming more stable, if you're looking ot the future it might be worth getting a DirectX 10 card.

Edited by mkingy

Help!

I also have been having the same problem, now the only difference is im using firefox and it does the same to that aswell.

I was wondering if it was an xp upgrade with an error in it or something cos my internet security says that my lsp(explorer library thingy) is missing. if i shut down and restart then it all works fine again?????

• 2 weeks later...

Turned on my other pc today and was faced with this message, and it happens everytime i turn on so i cant access files internet etc it wont let me start up. No idea what it means because a lot of it seems lost in translation and really dont know what to do.

Wafdgws cgudd fgt start because t'e fgddwafg fade as eassafg gr cgrrupt2 Sqstee 32 TDRAVERSTpca&sqs

Qgu caf atteept tg repaar t'as fade bq startafg wafdgws.

Setup usafg t'e gragafad setup CD%RGE&

Sedect 'r' at t'e farst screef tg start depaar&

Not joking it came up with this. Help. Please :(