Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
C-man

Crewe Match Thread

I know its a bit early for the match thread, but oh well.(:D) I'm worried about this game. I really think we'll slip up in this one, especially if Connolly is out. Our squad is looking extremely thin already, especially in midfield. Even if we can put out a decent midfield, I cant see any of them scoring which means that if Connolly is out, de Vries will have to score. I can see us getting beat in this one :nono::unsure:

Please prove me wrong boys :cool::scarf:

i think Conners will start, here is my team prediction

--------------BIG RAB------------

Maybs ----- Paddy Mac ----- Nissa ---- Gilbert

Sylla ----- Joey G ---- G Williams ---- Tiatto

----------Conners ----- De Vries ------

Subs : Henderson, Elvis, Stearman, Wilcox, T Wright(maybe?)

Latest from the BBC. ;):thumbup:

Crewe v Leicester

Crewe defender Stephen Foster comes in for Darren Moss, who has been absent from training all week due to illness.

Striker Luke Rodgers is still out with an ankle injury, but Spaniard Juan Ugarte could feature on the bench after shaking off a knee problem.

Leicester striker David Connolly is doubtful after reporting that his niggling thigh injury has worsened.

Defender Paddy McCarthy has aggravated his ankle injury and could also miss out on selection.

Connoly will start or at least be on the bench. We do need him in the squad as thats our main threat to get goals! we will be thin in midfield but we just have to battle harder.

We can do it if the players really want it!!

COME ON LEICESTER!!!!

Connoly will start or at least be on the bench. We do need him in the squad as thats our main threat to get goals! we will be thin in midfield but we just have to battle harder.

We can do it if the players really want it!!

COME ON LEICESTER!!!!

159420[/snapback]

I fookin' hope so, but I can't see it. :(

But it happened with Sylla so he may play.

I fookin' hope so, but I can't see it. :(

But it happened with Sylla so he may play.

159421[/snapback]

Maybe this is a tactical ploy by CL, if I remember correctly when the teams met last season at the Walkers, Dario Gradi said that his team must be aware of the threat posed by Connolly, with him making a gameplan to combat Connolly. If Gradi Thinks That Connolly is out he might not bother with this, then come say 2:00pm and the teams are announced Connolly is on the teamsheat Gradi will have to change the gameplan! Unlikly i know but a possibility!!

IMO that is the best attacking Line up we could have started with due to the circumstances, Dublin is a better target man than De Vries Imo AND Hammond has got the pace to scare the defenders!! COME ON YOU BLUE BOYS!

Anyone know why Gerrbrand isnt at least on the bench? Cos i am sure that i am not the only person who would like to see what he can do, afterall we paid 300k for him and he hasnt even played yet! Anyone know?  :D

159468[/snapback]

Wan't he injured. ? :unsure::huh:

I dont think so.

159479[/snapback]

David Connolly is a major doubt for the game with a thigh injury, while Stephen Hughes and Patrick Kisnorbo have also been ruled out of the match.

But Levein is still waiting on the fitness of Mark de Vries, Patrik Gerrbrand and Paddy McCarthy ahead of the game.

from lcfc.com

Archived