Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
C-man

Crewe Match Thread

FT 2-2 Two points lost.  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:

159952[/snapback]

Two points lost? We started the game without Connolly, De Vries, Hughes, Kisnorbo etc, we concede two goals in the first 20 minutes and we were playing aweful. To get 2 goals back away from home at Crewe to salvage a point is a good result.

Two points lost? We started the game without Connolly, De Vries, Hughes, Kisnorbo etc, we concede two goals in the first 20 minutes and we were playing aweful. To get 2 goals back away from home at Crewe to salvage a point is a good result.

159990[/snapback]

I think we had adequate cover to win that one, and its games like this we need to win, home or away doesn't matter. Should have been at them from the start, i'm not happy.

First of all, well done on coming back from 2-0 down.

However, whatever game plan we might of had was disrupted after 36 seconds and went out the window completely after 17 minutes.

We struggle against the likes of Crewe and the pre season feelings of hope and excitement are quickly fading for me.

Good to see BBC Radio Leicester have improved there commentary :rolleyes:

159833[/snapback]

And after we'd eqaulised one of the commentators kept saying (Or I thought he was saying)

...and its Crewe 2 - Leicester Crewe
Ya what? Don't you mean Crewe 2 - Leicester 2? :unsure: and it wasn't just slip of the tounge he must have said it 2 or 3 times! :rolleyes:

And after we'd eqaulised one of the commentators kept saying (Or I thought he was saying)  Ya what? Don't you mean Crewe 2 - Leicester 2? :unsure: and it wasn't just slip of the tounge he must have said it 2 or 3 times! :rolleyes:

160060[/snapback]

Yep he did keep saying that :rolleyes::doh: Bring back Nev!

Just got in from the game (not far back to Stoke). First off, a very exciting game regardless of the result. Crewe played some really nice flowing stuff and we looked very average at first. Gilbert looked very very nervous. McCarthy looked a bit off the pace (less than 100% fit?) but played really well 2nd half. Elvis had a great game - very unlucky not to score, denied by 2 great saves and the post. We looked good in patches, but switched off occasionallky and it really cost us. Would like to see Gerrbrand in action, I think we need a bit of pace in the centre of defence. Lots to work on, but some real positives as well. Not bad overall.

C'mon, we just need to get the defence sorted and we'll be fine. Chins up!

160056[/snapback]

He could start by playing Stearman on the right, playing an alternative left back (Maybury if necessary) and leaving Gilbert out.

With Wilcox left on the bench Gilbert simply couldn't cope with trying to play left back and left wing at the same time. Also he gets skinned too often for my liking and that proves costly sometimes.

This meant we almost lost the game before we'd got started.

Steaman from what I've seen is quick, solid and reliable.

And after we'd eqaulised one of the commentators kept saying (Or I thought he was saying)  Ya what? Don't you mean Crewe 2 - Leicester 2? :unsure: and it wasn't just slip of the tounge he must have said it 2 or 3 times! :rolleyes:

160060[/snapback]

One of their problems is they get carried away with their own waffle and then, when something happens and they've still not finished elaborating on some long-gone point, they panic and lose the plot (missing half the action in the process).

How often are they rabbiting on about whether the referee was right to award a corner/foul or whatever when suddenly its "and Connolly's scored" or "It's in the box and Hammond's hit the post"?.

It really annoys me. I just wish they'd keep up with play and paint a picture of what is actually happening. They can comment a bit during breaks or when there's a genuinely important incident.

A point is always good when you're 2-0 down within 20 minutes and playing awfully...but what we have to ask is why were we so bad in the first half? The early goal probably shook us up but we seem to be more of a mind now that if we concede we should fall apart rather than fight back (last two goals against Sheffield Utd, the two goals against Stoke).

159977[/snapback]

Yeah weve had mad moments it seems, there bad enough but weve conceeded far too many in them.

3 goals in 10 mins then 2 goals against ten men and today.

I find myself scratching my head with this. I dont think anyone could argue against that our defence has improved, were we completely awful last season???

I`d like to know if crewe were unbelievably quick from kick-off, or we were just slow starting?

He could start by playing Stearman on the right, playing an alternative left back (Maybury if necessary) and leaving Gilbert out .

With Wilcox left on the bench Gilbert simply couldn't cope with trying to play left back and left wing at the same time. Also he gets skinned too often for my liking and that proves costly sometimes.

160145[/snapback]

I personally dont think gilbert is currently up to it, but long term i think he will be. I think sheehan is better, but if you have a planned defence strategy, you cant make it happen with the left back on the bench. Like all good things, they take time to blossom, this is not an excuse on behalf of Cl, but reading between the lines, and its something football fans have NO time for generally.

Before the sheff utd game, did anyone predict what the team will be in say 5 games time, and how we will be playing? I doubt it, so hold on tight, watch whats happening and go with the levein flow.

ONLY when his plan has had enough time, and that it falls completely flat, should we dare critisize.

Totally agree with your last point, what a future we have :)

He could start by playing Stearman on the right, playing an alternative left back (Maybury if necessary) and leaving Gilbert out.

160145[/snapback]

he'd be better playing someone on the left flank who'll stay there, this simply isnt tiatto, although he scored today over the course of a season, he'll cost us more goals then he creats/scores

One of their problems is they get carried away with their own waffle and then, when something happens and they've still not finished elaborating on some long-gone point, they panic and lose the plot (missing half the action in the process).

How often are they rabbiting on about whether the referee was right to award  a corner/foul or whatever when suddenly its "and Connolly's scored" or "It's in the box and Hammond's hit the post"?.

It really annoys me. I just wish they'd keep up with play and paint a picture of what is actually happening. They can comment a bit during breaks or when there's a genuinely important incident.

160146[/snapback]

Am i the only one that gets annoyed when they describe the opposition in good terms? Why do they get excited when there on the attack, i`d have thought that was a bad thing?

My version, "crewe are on the attack, hope they dont score, oh good they shot well but aaaggghh they missed HA!"

"come on city, theres thousands rooting for you here and at home and around the world on the net, c`mon dougie, give it to macarthy, good man, now maybury, no you daft so and so, maybury was in good space, now your in trouble, give it him, few hes got it now, well done, connolly wants hit, CONNOLLY WANTS IT!!, look hes made a run, connolly gets it at his feet, keep hold of it mate, good turn, shot on the turn, GOAL, what a frigging GOAL, oh yes 1-0, the city fans go mental on the far side".

Ive just watched the goals, and gilbert was drawn away from his position (cleverly by crewe) by crewes right hand striker, which gave their full back carte blanche to provide a cross that unluckily eluded our defence.

Their 2nd looks like a bad mistake by our back line, they were too far forward, and with a quick one-two from within his own half, their striker ran past johanson (not the quickest), with what looked like ease.

I like the idea of forcing the opposition back to help us control the game, but caution MUST be a part of it defensively.

Great strike by tiatto, cool finish by joey, and unlucky by elvis (he`ll score for us in this division). Well done to rab too, under pressure at the end, and produced good goal keeping for a point.

From what ive seen so far, our defenders have improved individually, but because of our whole style of game play, were destined to concede with the disire to score.

Archived