Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxInTheBirstallBox

Bernie on tour

He was in the Local Hero about mid day yesterday organising paper cuttings and such well before the match.

He went to ask or make a complaint to the manager behind the bar, being quite respectful but loud, saying sir this and sir that but one of the bar staff was really quite rude to him, then again the sour faced cow looked annoyed at me when I sat down at the table she had just cleaned.

He seemed happy enough in his own little world so I cant really fault him.

yes but there's still enough of the A6 to care about the gap. I think hes definitely in the town somewhere now.

I used to work in Loughborough and I'd see him at the bus stop opposite the Chinese supermarket when I walked past, shouting at random members of the public 

in the early eighties we had terry in the kop he was city mad but you could not understand a word he said. anyone remember him ?

In the sixties we had one called Werewolf in the Kop. He was a dirty individual with wild hair green teeth and muttonchops sideburns. Anyone remember him ? The whole Kop use to shout his name.  

Heard a few weeks ago he was at a bus stop and a load of young girls turned up at the bus stop and good old bernie scared them away with his chorus of AHHHHHH!!!!!

Whats everyones first memory of him???
First time i saw him was Sheff wednesday away, went for a piss and there he was having a piss in the sink, dropped his plastic bag and proceeded to have a wash in the same sink…. G'WON LAD

• 2 weeks later...

The guy actually deserves great respect, he may be a bit odd (but who isn't) but his dedication and effort he puts in the supporting the Club is admirable. It would be nice if someone interviewed him and did an article about his life as a City fan, it would probably make some very interesting reading. And while there may be some who doubt he would be coherent enough to participate in such a thing, I believe they may well be wrong, as as mentioned on this thread regarding the Local Hero and can be witnessed on his 'T' shirt shop YouTube appearance, despite his obvious deafness he can be quite polite and respectful. It would also be good if the club recognised his dedication, he is very much a part of the club, known by almost every proper City fan and at his age and health along with increasing ticket prices it can't be easy to fund such dedication to his passion.

The guy actually deserves great respect, he may be a bit odd (but who isn't) but his dedication and effort he puts in the supporting the Club is admirable. It would be nice if someone interviewed him and did an article about his life as a City fan, it would probably make some very interesting reading. And while there may be some who doubt he would be coherent enough to participate in such a thing, I believe they may well be wrong, as as mentioned on this thread regarding the Local Hero and can be witnessed on his 'T' shirt shop YouTube appearance, despite his obvious deafness he can be quite polite and respectful. It would also be good if the club recognised his dedication, he is very much a part of the club, known by almost every proper City fan and at his age and health along with increasing ticket prices it can't be easy to fund such dedication to his passion.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, but isn't it obvious that he's lost his marbles?

I'm not certain there'd be much to interview, he doesn't exactly radiate coherance and, well, there is no way to say this politely....he stinks. I don't think this is a case of misunderstood man, moreover mad man.

That being said, you're right, supporting city as he does is a Herculean effort, I have some respect for that.

Nice post.

I think its only a handful of people who are actually nasty to him, i always like to say hi to him lol

As regards to an interview… Lets be honest, we know how that will end

"so how do you feel leicester are playing against stoke? "AHHHHH STOKEEE!!!!! SHITTTT AHHHHHHHHHHHH" 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived