Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wiltshirefox

Lesson to learn from Palace.

We stuck with NP before and we should stick with him again but anyway if it does go tits up there will be the usual suspects knocking around like Ian Dowie, Peter Reid Gary Megson or Peter Taylor and his usual eternal sidekick Junior Lewis.  :blush:

After this appointment and our excellent display at Chelsea despite being depleted, I'm more confident than ever that we will stay up.

If we can't finish above three of QPR, Palace, Burnley, West Brom, Villa, Hull and Swansea, it would be very disappointing.

Sean Dyche, can get his chance, to come to the Market leaders.

Would at least be interesting listening to him growling after a good Leicester curry.

Seriously. Owners descision alone, depends on I suppose, if we went down again

how we go down.

I still see city stayi ng up and Pearson leading us into a new era.

Kevin Doyle and Andrew Johnson are woeful signings at this level.  Both were terrible at QPR last season (even when fit).  

Warnock doesn't have a hope in hell of keeping Palace up and his movements in the transfer market just show he hasn't got a clue at PL level.  Pulis's achievements last season, with the squad he had, were just remarkable.

Amazes me how any can question Pearson's decision atm. What we have at the club he has built over several years with the Thais and will be given time to take his setup forward having seen it proved in the championship last year and before that in his first spell in league 1. I struggle to see the current crop of players falling short of achieving survival and every performance they have put in so far in the PL is worthy of at least a 15th place finish.

The only Achilles heal I can see is potential injuries to key defensive units, namely Morgan and Moore. Then we are in a spot of trouble but I'm sure the loan market can be used even then if necessary.

As I have said before on here and elsewhere, I am man enough to admit that I was one of the people who would have probably given Nigel his marching orders following the Barnsley game we all pinpoint from two seasons ago as one the lowest in recent times (bar obviously Watford). However, although we were all devestated on the day, Watford was the moment I saw the old Nigel again - how he picked all the players up, how he didn't shy away from the cameras after losing in the most cruel way. He looked more determined than ever before and it clearly rubbed off onto the entire club from the Owners to players last season and has carried on to the present day. 

He can be brutally honest but he is our brutally honest Nigel and I honestly think that the team he will manage after us will be England. Give him half a chance with the mentality he has and who knows what National success he may bring.

God bless the Headmaster!

Good post. It is a chilling thought that Neil Warnock was just out there, waiting to pounce on a vulnerable club. I think Palace and WBA are nailed on for relegation, so we just have to avoid the third spot.

Ultimately though, it’s the Board and owners who have to stay strong. Fans will always want a manager sacked. It’s just become the mob mentality of people who lack the capacity to see further than the ends of their own noses. Our club is no different from any other in that respect.

Hopefully our Board has learnt from its mistakes and will ignore the ‘black-tinted spectacles brigade’ even if we begin to struggle.  

He was apparently 2-1 to be our next manager. That would have done it for me.

As I have said before on here and elsewhere, I am man enough to admit that I was one of the people who would have probably given Nigel his marching orders following the Barnsley game we all pinpoint from two seasons ago as one the lowest in recent times (bar obviously Watford). However, although we were all devestated on the day, Watford was the moment I saw the old Nigel again - how he picked all the players up, how he didn't shy away from the cameras after losing in the most cruel way. He looked more determined than ever before and it clearly rubbed off onto the entire club from the Owners to players last season and has carried on to the present day. 

He can be brutally honest but he is our brutally honest Nigel and I honestly think that the team he will manage after us will be England. Give him half a chance with the mentality he has and who knows what National success he may bring.

God bless the Headmaster!

You can see Pearson's quality from his interviews after all three of our Premier League matches so far this season. It's minutes after the match ends, he wants to be with his players, he's being asked fvcking stupid questions by Garth Crooks or Geoff Shreeves or some other no-nothing, and he is polite, considered, honest and relaxed. Not over-the-top about our chances, nor down on the players.

He is a top man, and if we get rid of him, we deserve to end up in the Conference within four years.

I can't see us ever having a better guy as manager of our football club than Nigel. I think he may even surpass Martin O'Neil (The Messiah) as our most successful manager.

imo we will not suffer relegation with him in charge, but in the unlikely event that we did, then we must still retain him as he has achieved much in his time at City.

He is certainly on a learning curve as far as the Premiership is concerned, but with each passing month he becomes even better & more knowledgeable.

Let us not forget that he is supported by a superb supporting team in Walshy, Shakey, Stowell, the scouting team, & now Kevin Phillips. These guys are also very much responsible for the clubs success, & if the owners were to dispense with Nigels services, this terrific team would also undoubtedly follow him.

But please, no more negative talk because NP is here to stay!

4 full seasons - 2 Championship titles & 2 Playoff defeats, 1 on pens & other in injury time.

The most recent Championship broke almost every up record there was to break... And all while massively reducing the wage bill - signed a great core of 20/21 year olds who'll grow with the club

And people still question him.

He'd be one of the few candidates in football who could quite rightly avoid the sack if relegated and we'd be 99% sure that he'd give us the best opportunity of coming back up & all without endangering the future of the club

Archived