Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dawko

Why didn't Arsenal play in their real Red & White kit ?

It's because they don't like changing their white shorts on their home kit as they see the kit as iconic.

In the past they've still worn their home kit against us, including white shorts, but I think the regulations have changed since then to insist that both teams can't be wearing the same colour shorts or socks.

That's all well and good but pretty pointless if Sunderland/Newcastle/West Brom/Stoke all insist on earing their home kits against each other.

Now that is a disgrace.

I'm not sure about this white shorts thing. It's preferable yes, but is it really necessary? Socks need to be different colours for the ref to see legs in tackles but shorts don't seem that important. Leeds wore all white in the 12/13 season after all.

I find shorts are often more confusing than you think. It shouldn't make a difference but your eyes are drawn to them in a way (no homo)

They did it last year pretty much whenever the home team we wearing white shorts. Leeds do it too. It's probably because they'd rather wear a completely different kit than change shorts and probably change their home kit's identity. I reckon it's a mixture between this and wanting to flog the away shirts.

Before the hilarious people write "who cares" - it doesn't bother me at all, it's just an observation.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/pictures/2013/8/23/1377277587454/Jack-Wilshere-Arsenal-v-F-008.jpg

I think that is pretty much the only time they've ever had different colour shorts with the home shirt and it probably didnt go down to well. Arsenal are very tradionalist with there kits. they even have that silly sleeves policy.

not a big deal but I find the shorts rule silly anyway.

I think it matters. You should want to play in your home kit as often as possible, they're your colours after all. I'm pleased we don't use any excuse to haul out our away and go all blue when we can. Means we look "Leicester City."

Too much importance placed on selling shirts.

Right again, Charlie.  :thumbup:

There is a strange (interesting?) 'rule' that says teams are not allowed to wear their away kit more than eight times a season in the premier league.

http://premierskills.britishcouncil.org/en/learn-english/premier-league-handbook

I would suggest that whilst it can be no more than eight, for commercial reasons each club will want to get as close to that as possible. Im sure teams look at the fixtures and decide what to do in advance, and not game by game. So with Arsenals away kit not clashing with our home kit, it was a good opportunity to use it. It probably didn't have anything to do with tradition, or white shorts as stated previously.

Archived