Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dawko

Why didn't Arsenal play in their real Red & White kit ?

It's because they play in white shorts like us, they have always played in their yellow away kit at Leicester for the same reason. I'd try not to get worked up about it buddy.

Bergkamp looked great in yellow when he scored his hat trick against us, and I've never seen a better two footed tackle in yellow when Ashley cole took out Ben thatcher. Oh wait they were wearing red then.

It's because they don't like changing their white shorts on their home kit as they see the kit as iconic.

In the past they've still worn their home kit against us, including white shorts, but I think the regulations have changed since then to insist that both teams can't be wearing the same colour shorts or socks.

Really! people care what the away team wear. Get a life lol

I care. Arsenal have always done it even back when Wright and Bergkamp came to Filbert Street... which I find kind of annoying. It's like they're not really bothered about us so don't bother dressing up for the game.

(I will try and find a life.)

It's because they play in white shorts like us, they have always played in their yellow away kit at Leicester for the same reason. I'd try not to get worked up about it buddy.

Not true - the 3-3 thriller at filbert street was red v blue.

There was a time when the powers that be argued that kits should be "opposites" red/blue v white/yellow shirts black/blue/red v white/yellow shorts.

This was because tv coverage was sold to parts of the world with huge numbers of black and white tvs.

The subbuteo red/white v blue/white were very hard to tell apart.  Hence man u used to wear black shorts sometimes.

Not sure how true it was or if it still applies.  I suspect it is more marketing though.

If anyone can tell me why we need 3 kits though as the only blue/yellow clash I can see is Brazil [or Oxford]

Archived