Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
Guest Col city fan

City v Man Utd Score Prediction.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Torn a muscle in my shoulder so can't go...this was one of the games I was looking forward to most...there will be two empty seats in the west stand.....gutted. We'll have to watch the 1-0 win from the sofa....still a Delaet screamer

Posted

If we manage a point I'll be overjoyed, 6 points from arguably the toughest start handed to any side in the division this season would be a great return given our status as a newly promoted club. 

 

However, I think this could be "one game too far" (to use a hideous cliche) and I reckon United's attacking options will just prove too much for us to handle.  3-1.


Well we will probably not win but even the big boys have an off day do u never no sneaky gole or 2 from Chris wood or uolla !

 

Hopefully Ulloa keeps up his great gole return.

Posted

hardfought 0-2.

 

much like the chelsea game imo. think we'll see them line up the same again, we'll hold our own vs rooney/rvp and then in the second half they'll bring on fresh legs in falcao (gulp) and someone like januzaj and eventually break us down. no disgrace but no points. 

 

Agree with this to be fair.

Posted

They have more selection problems than us. Will they revert to a back three by moving Rojo inside? This could cause them problems when none of their central defenders are that good, including Rojo who is a better left back than central defender. Would they give Shaw his first game as left wing back, which would mean Herera would perhaps then play right wing back. I reckon that diminishes their attacking options. I think they will probably keep the same back four, or will maybe move Rojo inside with Shaw starting. 

 

I hope if Van Persie starts he will continue to be ineffective. If they drop him and start with Falcao, great as he has been and no doubt will be again, he may not be up to his previous levels in this game. Rooney sometimes flatters to deceive, and he could again in this match.

 

Angel Di Maria and Mata, I think are the ones to watch most closely. We should therefore play with a central three in midfield, Hammond in the deeper role to look after Mata, with Drinky and Esteban keeping Herrera and Di Maria under control, obviously with help from our wide attackers. ( James on the bench ).

 

I don't think Vardy will start, but will get 30 plus minutes. I can't see Nige dropping Nuge. Biggest decision for us is Schlupp to start or Mahrez, with Leonardo up front.

 

Leicester to win!

Guest PerfumePonce
Posted

Score draw, 1-1 felt nervous all day, wonder how kingy, Moore et al are feeling, bricking it I imagine.

Can't wait like. :)

No more so than at Stamford Bridge. At least this time they've got the home fans behind them.

Score draw seems possible. Would be good like.

Posted

I genuinely think our back 4 are better than theirs. It'll be a game where we'll need to catch them on the counter but I have every faith in our ability to at least score in this game.

Guest Col city fan
Posted

We'll win. No fancy score predictions, and scorers and rubbish like that, but I reckon we will win.

This is the scoreline prediction thread. Just go with it. There is a seperate thread for opinions on formations, team selections etc...

Posted

The kind of game where Cambiasso's experience will be vital.


 


Hopefully United have the same problems as us with ex-players scoring against them, seeing as half our team has Old Trafford connections!


Posted

This is the scoreline prediction thread. Just go with it. There is a seperate thread for opinions on formations, team selections etc...

 

Problem is that it is really difficult to predict. It depends so much on which Man U turns up: if they are over-confident, we can hit them early and hard and get a lead of maybe two goals before they wake up. But if they are on form, we will find it difficult.

 

If we start with the team that finished against Stoke (with Kasper in goal instead of Ben) I can see us drawing or even being 1-0 up at half-time. But over the 90 minutes, I'm thinking 1-1 will be a great result.

 

That's three times I said "if".

Posted

In the worst case, we're in for a drubbing. Although realistically, a 3-1 Manchester United score I could accept. You just look at all that firepower they have at their disposal and your jaw just drops automatically. Rooney, Falcao, Van Persie, Di Maria, Young, even Mata. Oh lord.

 

Still... If we show the same amount of passion, resilience and dedication like we've done in the first few games, it's going to be a tough ask for United to come away with a win. I hope we can exploit their weakness at the back.

 

2-2 final score.

 

(I wouldn't say no to a 2-1 Leicester win, mind)

Posted

3-1 Leicester - This game is all about our defence and their attack for me. If we defend how we have this year we can win. I'm not worried about us scoring because defensively this season they have been rubbish.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...