Crinklyfox Posted 15 December 2014 Posted 15 December 2014 I'm surprised by some of what I'm reading today. Numerous pre match score predictions had the Mancs absolutely hammering us today. They were coming off the back of staying in Europe, after a great win in Rome..while we had accrued 2 points from 30. Very few posters had us drawing, let alone winning. I've been critical of some recent performances..we have been too open, too exposed and punished for it. Today, Pearson did exactly what I thought he should do. Try to control the middle of the park, support the defence and try to hit on the counter. Well, against a world class club side, it very nearly worked. We had some control back in the side, limited them to very few chances, made a few of our own and only succumbed to a Frank Lampard goal..a player who has ghosted into opposition penalty boxes to score goals for over a decade. So what do our 'fans' want? How can Pearson win? Only a few weeks ago, many were calling for a return to the 4-4-2. Well that didn't work did it. Now that Pearson changed it again.. He's still being criticised. For me, the issue isn't passion, it isn't commitment and it's certainly not effort. We remain a side that is 'trying'..we look fit enough and clearly frustrated at our run with no return. No, the issue, unfortunately is quality. That in-form striker, that rock at the back, or that creative midfielder. Any one of these would make a difference. Is the lack of such a player Nigel's fault? I don't think so..he clearly wanted other players in over the summer, but couldn't get them for a number of reasons. So..its decision time..we are where we are. We looked better today. We ARE trying. So, back Pearson, back the team and see improvements where they occur OR keep moaning, keep berating and ignore what both Pearson and the team are attempting to do? Your choice....I'm going for the former. I agree, back Pearson to do what is necessary. He has the support of the players, which I consider essential for future success. Also, other figures within the game rate him as a manager. I've just finished reading Steve Walsh's 50 Shades of Blue in which he says that NP has built the same close feeling in the team as during the MON days (if you haven't read it then I recommend it to anyone who followed City through the 80s and 90s). We should not be removing a good manager just because the team is struggling.
AgentLCFCJoe Posted 15 December 2014 Posted 15 December 2014 I have heard they are lining up former Palermo and Genoa manager Davide Ballardini. Thoughts? (maybe have a quick google first)
Fox Ulike Posted 15 December 2014 Posted 15 December 2014 sack him after the west ham game if we dont win i never support pearson i wanted him out two years ago If only we'd all listened to you back then... Nothing stops Leicester fans/FT posters moaning. Our team just can't win. We could win the Premier League and some cvnts would still moan that Pearson should be out. Too right. It would all be "If the blue-tinted specs brigade think that this Clueless chump can win us the Champions League then you need to wake up"!
buzzy Posted 15 December 2014 Posted 15 December 2014 So you've seen one game in which we played well, and listened to a radio station that people use to complain win,lose or draw. The amount of people that don't attend games but ring up to give there assessment of the performance (when all they have to go on is what stringer has said about his sandwich of the week) is astounding. If your not watching the team how can you come to the conclusion that you have, when the majority disagree with you? been watching football a lot longer than you so go **** yourself ****
buzzy Posted 15 December 2014 Posted 15 December 2014 shit forum full of kids go **** yourselves . to the fans who know pearson is not up to the job expect to get slagged off by the morons who are happy to rot in the championship or league 1.up the city pearson out. oops i bet thats upset some of you.
ARTY_FOX Posted 15 December 2014 Posted 15 December 2014 Thanks mate, cya next time when you'll hopefully atleast try to answer my question
MC Prussian Posted 15 December 2014 Posted 15 December 2014 shit forum full of kids go **** yourselves . to the fans who know pearson is not up to the job expect to get slagged off by the morons who are happy to rot in the championship or league 1.up the city pearson out. oops i bet thats upset some of you.I can sense you're trying to be a valuable part of society, but maybe you want to articulate your point a bit more concise for all of us.Rather than being upset, I find you pretty entertaining. All attempts at trying to talk sense to you with regards to the club or manager have failed so far. You're immune to it, so I'll just grab my popcorn and watch you ramble on and on and on. Ever heard of Bentleys Roof? That's more like your breed.
shade Posted 15 December 2014 Posted 15 December 2014 Did you quote the wrong comment? I said we were "league's ahead of everyone else" last season, that's why the players earned the loyalty they were showed by not being replaced in the summer It's the 442 and Pearson's desire to "taking our game to them" over the previous 10 games which has seen us carved open at will and fall woefully short, when it's obvious to everyone we've needed an extra man in the middle haha I did, dunno how it happened but I was commenting on some douche saying dyche was a better manager tactically.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.