Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
Guest Col city fan

Your choice.......?

Recommended Posts

Posted

ummm, so why didn't dyche's tactical superiority win him the league last season?

Give credit where it is due, Burnley have adjusted to the prem whereas we look like list puppies. Dyvhe deserves all the credit e gets, and he as shown himself to be superior to NP this far
Posted

ummm, so why didn't dyche's tactical superiority win him the league last season?

Did you quote the wrong comment?

I said we were "league's ahead of everyone else" last season, that's why the players earned the loyalty they were showed by not being replaced in the summer

It's the 442 and Pearson's desire to "taking our game to them" over the previous 10 games which has seen us carved open at will and fall woefully short, when it's obvious to everyone we've needed an extra man in the middle

Posted

I'm all for people supporting the manager. Your right as a supporter is to do so and equally, if you want a change, at the minute that is a pretty understandable point of view.

What I hate is the bad arguments from the pro Pearson camp.

To try and make out that teams like Sunderland and Villa have something over is is absurd. Compare the squads on paper and overall te talent lies with us, our problem is we're not utilising it properly. The 'he's got us out of it before' argument doesnt wash either. The season finished. He didnt get us out of a rut. Plus his reasons for the poor firm were laid at the feet of a few disruptive individuals which were exited from the club. That isnt around now.

It seems quite easy to dismiss critisisms of the manager as 'knee jerk' and i'm sick of hearing that people who are critical of Pearson have been waiting in the wings for a run like this? Nobody wants us to be in this run. Nobody wants Pearson to fail but the fact is, he is!

Yesterday he showed that he can get it right but lets not **** a duck just yet. Redemption will come from results and I would suggest it is absolutely vital we get that win next week. If we find ourselves 8 points away from safety, we will be relegated and all that faith will be for nought.

It wont be an instant bounce back either. The Championship is getting better and next year will be no different.

Personally, I think we've missed the chance to get out of it with a change of manager. It is down to Pearson now and I just hope that in January, he puts his fear of paying the odds to the side and pushes to get us the quality required. Its up to him to manage the harmony of the squad regardless of how much a player costs or gets paid.

I think if you believe that you definitely have blue tinted specs to how good our players are. For Villa players like Benteke, Agbonglahor, Cleverly, Vlaar, Guzan etc are all much better than anything we have in comparative positions. Just need to look at the financial value and international players teams such as Villa, Sunderland etc have to see we are not yet at their level.

I am enjoying watching us play this season despite not winning as we are competing well and playing some pretty decent stuff when adopting the right system as we did yesterday. I don't, like some, believe staying up is essential this season. The squad will stay largely the same, and hopefully the management team the same too and we can continue to build a squad to compete rather than rip it up and start again. 1 step backwards can be 2 steps forward with the right management. 

Posted

When Pearson left we were in a far better position than when he took over. When he returned he took over a hugely overpaid squad that couldn't perform in the championship and a disruptive squad. He slashed the wage bill and brought in better younger cheaper players who by and large have increased in value. We romped the division and most on here called for that squad to be given a chance, well now its far to say we are missing 3/4 players to keep us up and that seasons team just aren't quite up to it.

 

We don't know how much he had to spend nor do we know the wage structure we are working to, we could have risked team spirit by bringing in 3/4 plasyers on 60/70/80k a week but didn't, who actually knows on here how many players we almost got.

 

We know Pearson likes to get his business done early so who is to say he hasn't got a few already lined up, think the squad would accept a higher paid player after not hitting the heights this season and also this why would anyone want to join us?

 

Any player who thinks he isn't good enough to get us up the table doesn't really fit the bill for players we want in. Maybe it is just getting in a couple on loan till the end of the season to prove a point that makes a difference.

Posted

sack him after the west ham game if we dont win i never support pearson i wanted him out two years ago

Hilarious!

BTW - This is FoxesTalk not the Radio Leicester phone in

Posted

Hear lies the problem. What is a "real fan"? It seems you can't be a "real fan" unless you wholeheartedly support NP and everything he does.

I have travelled more miles than I care to imagine in 30 years of following leicester City, and in that time seen hundreds of shit defeats in shit towns. Seen far too many home defeats to crap teams and spent literally thousands of pounds doing so.

However, I dont blindly follow NP so I must not be a "real fan".

I support leicester City, not Nigel Pearson. He is employed as our manager to do a job. That job is to get results in football. He did that last year, in a stunning record breaking season. However, we can't live on past success ( see Nottingham forest and European victories! ). It's the now that matters.

As pointed out by someone else above, we smashed the championship ahead of Burnley last season. I think most people would agree that we would put maybe 3 of their team into the lcfc squad. The dynamic that is different is the tactical ability of the manager. We have chopped and changed our front 2 and midfield non stop this season. The finger is pointed clearly at NP. It's not "plucky" displays against the champions that matter. That still gets us no points.

Sorry, but the recent record is a disgrace, and the way we are giving up on our premiership campaign is disgusting.

totally agree with you and checked each season in premier league and pearson as the worst points total after 16 games even worse then peter taylors record and dave bassett in 2001 02 season. most fans who i know who go every home and away game want pearson out. i for one cannot get down because of work but i hear enough to know that pearson is not up to the job. but i suppose i am not a real fan so my opinon does not count. pearson out lets have give ourselves  a chance of staying up and not go down with a wimper with this clown in charge

Posted

totally agree with you and checked each season in premier league and pearson as the worst points total after 16 games even worse then peter taylors record and dave bassett in 2001 02 season. most fans who i know who go every home and away game want pearson out. i for one cannot get down because of work but i hear enough to know that pearson is not up to the job. but i suppose i am not a real fan so my opinon does not count. pearson out lets have give ourselves  a chance of staying up and not go down with a wimper with this clown in charge

We'll gladly come back to a points total comparison at the end of this season. I think Pearson will stay, not just because the owners have faith in him.

 

Most fans I know are concise, thoughtful and realistic with their expectations with regards to this season. The amount of losses so far is heartbreaking, but only in a few cases did I feel were we that far off. The results have been tight affairs and with the right player additions, I believe we can go places. With Nigel Pearson in charge.

 

Maybe instead of being influenced by others and following them blindly with regards to their opinion, you should actually try and watch a football game in real time for once. Chances are it could change your outlook for the better completely.

Posted

totally agree with you and checked each season in premier league and pearson as the worst points total after 16 games even worse then peter taylors record and dave bassett in 2001 02 season. most fans who i know who go every home and away game want pearson out. i for one cannot get down because of work but i hear enough to know that pearson is not up to the job. but i suppose i am not a real fan so my opinon does not count. pearson out lets have give ourselves a chance of staying up and not go down with a wimper with this clown in charge

Your hearing an opinion though and in the opinion of your mates pearson should go.so that's swaying your opinion. Most people I know and from what I've seen I think we should stick with Pearson. How can you say you know he isnt up to it because of what you've heard?

Posted

I go to every home game, and I do not want Pearson out. Given there were several loud 'One Nigel Pearson' chants, I'd say there is a large proportion of fans who attend games who want Pearson in, so the 'most people' who Buzzy knows are probably not representative of the opinions of the whole crowd.

Posted

I'm surprised by some of what I'm reading today.

Numerous pre match score predictions had the Mancs absolutely hammering us today. They were coming off the back of staying in Europe, after a great win in Rome..while we had accrued 2 points from 30. Very few posters had us drawing, let alone winning.

I've been critical of some recent performances..we have been too open, too exposed and punished for it.

Today, Pearson did exactly what I thought he should do. Try to control the middle of the park, support the defence and try to hit on the counter.

Well, against a world class club side, it very nearly worked. We had some control back in the side, limited them to very few chances, made a few of our own and only succumbed to a Frank Lampard goal..a player who has ghosted into opposition penalty boxes to score goals for over a decade.

So what do our 'fans' want? How can Pearson win? Only a few weeks ago, many were calling for a return to the 4-4-2. Well that didn't work did it. Now that Pearson changed it again.. He's still being criticised.

For me, the issue isn't passion, it isn't commitment and it's certainly not effort. We remain a side that is 'trying'..we look fit enough and clearly frustrated at our run with no return. No, the issue, unfortunately is quality. That in-form striker, that rock at the back, or that creative midfielder. Any one of these would make a difference. Is the lack of such a player Nigel's fault? I don't think so..he clearly wanted other players in over the summer, but couldn't get them for a number of reasons.

So..its decision time..we are where we are. We looked better today. We ARE trying. So, back Pearson, back the team and see improvements where they occur OR keep moaning, keep berating and ignore what both Pearson and the team are attempting to do?

Your choice....I'm going for the former.

 

Really good post Col, very accurate on a lot of points.

 

I agree, back Pearson. We certainly don't need some kind of overhaul, you're right, a couple of quality signings could make a massive difference.

Posted

The players, the owner and most of the fans back Pearson - we have to work hard to sort this problems out and the club are united around Pearson - the summer is gone.. pretty sure lessons have been learnt. Right now we have to stand together and tough this out. No moaning, no defeatist talk about how good it might be in the championship - we are hear and we must fight for points until May

Posted

Wow why are some people surprised/angry that we didn't get a result against the Champions of England? You can't predict a heavy battering and then moan when we play quite well and get a narrow defeat. 

Posted

It was not a game that pre-season I anticipated anything from.That said it was a promising performance and had we converted early control into a goal or two we might have achieved a point .It is the poor results in the games we played between the Man U and Liverpool games which have left us bottom.There have been too many defensive errors and a lack of fire power or invention in the final third..

 

The need to strengthen the spine of the team and to add a proven goal scorer at this level was clear pre-season and even clearer now.

Posted

Really good post Col, very accurate on a lot of points.

 

I agree, back Pearson. We certainly don't need some kind of overhaul, you're right, a couple of quality signings could make a massive difference.

Good call ..... Funny thing yesterday I was talking to plenty of fans who support Pearson and a few who didn't . When I asked those who didn't who would be better the only name available anyone could come up with was Tony Pullis and if anyone thinks his style of football could be played by the players we have here is miles out of touch ... We don't have big, hard, hoofing players (wouldn't mind the odd one) and talking to Palace and Stoke fans I never hear any of them singing his praises about management style. Realistically which top manager would join a relegation battle and risk their reputation? Sometimes change is damaging longer term ... I was around when Peter Taylor set us on a long road of disaster and remember only too well the revolving door Levein / Megson/ Kelly / Sousa /Allen /Sven /Worthington amongst others and the dross they produced.

Posted

sack him after the west ham game if we dont win i never support pearson i wanted him out two years ago

Did you want him out at the end of last season when we became Champions, promoted back into the Premier League and pissed all over the Championship?

Posted

Wow why are some people surprised/angry that we didn't get a result against the Champions of England? You can't predict a heavy battering and then moan when we play quite well and get a narrow defeat.

Nothing stops Leicester fans/FT posters moaning. Our team just can't win.

We could win the Premier League and some cvnts would still moan that Pearson should be out.

Posted

Nothing stops Leicester fans/FT posters moaning. Our team just can't win.

We could win the Premier League and some cvnts would still moan that Pearson should be out.

But don't forget you are deluded and blue tinted specs wearing if you have any thoughts of positivity even if you don't think everything is perfect!

Posted

Your hearing an opinion though and in the opinion of your mates pearson should go.so that's swaying your opinion. Most people I know and from what I've seen I think we should stick with Pearson. How can you say you know he isnt up to it because of what you've heard?

happy with champioship football then stick with pearson. and by the way i have followed city for 28 years . i have heard enough on the radio commentry i have been once this season v arsenal. i have a membership but refuse to go down  because of the prices and with this clown in charge. 2 points out of 33 is ****ing awful. pearson lovers must be happy with this record. no ambition sadly

Posted

We'll gladly come back to a points total comparison at the end of this season. I think Pearson will stay, not just because the owners have faith in him.

 

Most fans I know are concise, thoughtful and realistic with their expectations with regards to this season. The amount of losses so far is heartbreaking, but only in a few cases did I feel were we that far off. The results have been tight affairs and with the right player additions, I believe we can go places. With Nigel Pearson in charge.

 

Maybe instead of being influenced by others and following them blindly with regards to their opinion, you should actually try and watch a football game in real time for once. Chances are it could change your outlook for the better completely.

i must be plastic then twat you are just like the knobs who think our opinon does not count. sadly your following all the pearson arse lickers because you cannot think for yourself

Posted

i must be plastic then twat you are just like the knobs who think our opinon does not count. sadly your following all the pearson arse lickers because you cannot think for yourself

I actually reflect a lot.

 

Usually happens when I ponder whether I should use the terms "twat", "knob" and "arse licker" when replying to plebs like you. :D

 

Happy holiday season, you miserable (enter your preferred personal insult)!

Guest bss9401
Posted

I support Leicester City. Leicester City are very poor at the moment and I have not seen anything recently that gives me enough belief that we will finish anything but relegated. If NP were to be sacked, I would still be supporting Leicester City but would feel more optimistic for our chances of staying up. I will blindly follow and fully support my team on any given day but behind it all I would not support a manager or player who is not up to the job. I would be grateful for services rendered but want someone who can get results from a team who promise a lot more than they are producing. I do believe that this team is capable surviving this season if managed differently.

Posted

happy with champioship football then stick with pearson. and by the way i have followed city for 28 years . i have heard enough on the radio commentry i have been once this season v arsenal. i have a membership but refuse to go down because of the prices and with this clown in charge. 2 points out of 33 is ****ing awful. pearson lovers must be happy with this record. no ambition sadly

So you've seen one game in which we played well, and listened to a radio station that people use to complain win,lose or draw. The amount of people that don't attend games but ring up to give there assessment of the performance (when all they have to go on is what stringer has said about his sandwich of the week) is astounding. If your not watching the team how can you come to the conclusion that you have, when the majority disagree with you?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...