Guest Col city fan Posted 13 December 2014 Posted 13 December 2014 I'm surprised by some of what I'm reading today. Numerous pre match score predictions had the Mancs absolutely hammering us today. They were coming off the back of staying in Europe, after a great win in Rome..while we had accrued 2 points from 30. Very few posters had us drawing, let alone winning. I've been critical of some recent performances..we have been too open, too exposed and punished for it. Today, Pearson did exactly what I thought he should do. Try to control the middle of the park, support the defence and try to hit on the counter. Well, against a world class club side, it very nearly worked. We had some control back in the side, limited them to very few chances, made a few of our own and only succumbed to a Frank Lampard goal..a player who has ghosted into opposition penalty boxes to score goals for over a decade. So what do our 'fans' want? How can Pearson win? Only a few weeks ago, many were calling for a return to the 4-4-2. Well that didn't work did it. Now that Pearson changed it again.. He's still being criticised. For me, the issue isn't passion, it isn't commitment and it's certainly not effort. We remain a side that is 'trying'..we look fit enough and clearly frustrated at our run with no return. No, the issue, unfortunately is quality. That in-form striker, that rock at the back, or that creative midfielder. Any one of these would make a difference. Is the lack of such a player Nigel's fault? I don't think so..he clearly wanted other players in over the summer, but couldn't get them for a number of reasons. So..its decision time..we are where we are. We looked better today. We ARE trying. So, back Pearson, back the team and see improvements where they occur OR keep moaning, keep berating and ignore what both Pearson and the team are attempting to do? Your choice....I'm going for the former.
Matt Posted 13 December 2014 Posted 13 December 2014 I am backing Pearson, always have. I am backing the team to an extent but at the end of the day i'm not going to sit there a be happy when it's quite clear the quality isn't there, they're not good enough - not their fault exactly, but that is a matter of fact they are not good enough at this level. I'll give them credit where credit is due, they tried today, gave it go, and did better than we expected, but whether it was 1-0 or 10-0, it's a loss, I can't be happy with a loss. The other big issue i've got - Why couldn't we perform like that against Palace, Burnley, Newcastle, Swansea, West Brom, Southampton, QPR, Villa? Why can we only seem to perform against the bigger sides? Everton, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool, Man City?
davieG Posted 13 December 2014 Posted 13 December 2014 Accord to someone phoning in after the game Peardon has lost the dressing room and the players weren’t even trying. I really wonder what game people are watching.
Dr The Singh Posted 13 December 2014 Posted 13 December 2014 Accord to someone phoning in after the game Peardon has lost the dressing room and the players weren’t even trying. I really wonder what game people are watching. He's lost alot but the dressing room is something else!!!
ImBlue Posted 13 December 2014 Posted 13 December 2014 I am backing Pearson, always have. I am backing the team to an extent but at the end of the day i'm not going to sit there a be happy when it's quite clear the quality isn't there, they're not good enough - not their fault exactly, but that is a matter of fact they are not good enough at this level. Strange. Somehow you seem to attach more blame to the players for not being good enough, than to Pearson who brought them here? Good logic.
Matt Posted 13 December 2014 Posted 13 December 2014 Strange. Somehow you seem to attach more blame to the players for not being good enough, than to Pearson who brought them here? Good logic. Read "At this level". Now yes, he could have changed this in the summer, but I was fairly confident in them, as were many on here - not too many were concerned put it that way, they're quite cleary not, an error of judgement from Pearson perhaps but like I said i've made the same error of judgement myself and so have many others who had confidence in this team. Happy now i've explained the logic?
foxer Posted 13 December 2014 Posted 13 December 2014 I'll continue to back the fella. Nice to see a bit of positivity on here today
ImBlue Posted 13 December 2014 Posted 13 December 2014 Read "At this level". Now yes, he could have changed this in the summer, but I was fairly confident in them, as were many on here - not too many were concerned put it that way, they're quite cleary not, an error of judgement from Pearson perhaps but like I said i've made the same error of judgement myself and so have many others who had confidence in this team. Happy now i've explained the logic? Fair does. Suppose putting it like that it's easy to understand why you back Pearson. On the flip side, it might be easy for you to understand some who don't back him. As a lot of people didn't have faith in the current crop alone and screamed out for more quality to be added, now it's evident, it makes it infuriating and naturally all the blame is then attached to him.
iancognito Posted 13 December 2014 Posted 13 December 2014 Strange. Somehow you seem to attach more blame to the players for not being good enough, than to Pearson who brought them here? Good logic. It is good logic. Most of them were bought in when we were at a lower level, where they were good enough and took most sides apart last season. This season they've proved that most of them aren't good enough at THIS level which, as all the cliche-laden pundits tell us is a big step up. In the close season very few people said tearing the squad apart was a good idea. Most people said we needed to add a bit of quality which with Ulloa, Cambiasso and experinced Prem players like Albrighton & Upson, most were happy enough with. Whilst, Ulloa has had his moments and Cambiasso has directed play, what the Championship-winning players have done is prove that they lack enough quality and clinical finishing to compete at this level. I'll judge Pearson if the next batch of players he brings in don't cut it either. Whoever he brings in needs to get us 25 points at least. It's not un-doable but it's getting more unlikely by the week.
theessexfox Posted 13 December 2014 Posted 13 December 2014 Some people have been waiting for us to fail and are revelling in it now. I'm just enjoying our first shot at the top flight in a decade with a united dressing room giving it the best they can and playing well at times, albeit not picking up the results at all at the moment. Expectations have been checked, but I think we can still enjoy this season. I enjoyed today as we matched the Champions for long spells.
Dan Posted 13 December 2014 Posted 13 December 2014 I'm still behind him. Pearson isn't beyond criticism but I don't think you can really slag him off for today. They're just simply a far better side. We have a lot of the ingredients to be a very good side but are still missing some. We're so near yet so far. It's really weird.
Stadt Posted 13 December 2014 Posted 13 December 2014 You can't moan at Pearson for thinking exactly the same thing as the rest of us.
ImBlue Posted 13 December 2014 Posted 13 December 2014 You can't moan at Pearson for thinking exactly the same thing as the rest of us. Hold on, speak for yourself pal. There wasn't one person I don't think on this forum that didn't day come the end of the transfer window that we didn't bring in enough quality?
sylofox Posted 13 December 2014 Posted 13 December 2014 Read "At this level". Now yes, he could have changed this in the summer, but I was fairly confident in them, as were many on here - not too many were concerned put it that way, they're quite cleary not, an error of judgement from Pearson perhaps but like I said i've made the same error of judgement myself and so have many others who had confidence in this team. Happy now i've explained the logic? I was and voiced that and got shot down. Our defence was not the best last season. Did not think Vardy would cut it. (Got shot down) Did think Midfield could cut it. But I still back Nige to turn it round in Jan if not before. I do think if we stay up Vardy will be different next season the jump was to much for him again. I also think given the season Nige will turn it round.
Moonstomp Posted 13 December 2014 Posted 13 December 2014 We had a good go at it today .... I don't know how much them coming off the back of a big game in mid week helped us .... But we weren't put to the sword and made to look stupid. We face a tough few months where we are likely to feel very disappointed by results and the questions over the quality of the players who were shown loyalty and those bought in will be louder and louder with every defeat. January will prove a tougher window now given our league position and I'm sure that the loan market will get used more than it would have been with even only six more points to edge our bets against contracts/ relegation . It's crushing when we lose so perhaps it's time to just get down there, sing your hearts out and enjoy it regardless!
Al-aLondon-Foxile Posted 13 December 2014 Posted 13 December 2014 I'm backing him too, completely agree with the OP. I'll be singing my heart out with zero expectation at West Ham other than 100% effort from the lads, we can expect nothing less as a minimum. We lack quality but I hope that'll come with time. Same formation next week please. Keep the faith.
shade Posted 13 December 2014 Posted 13 December 2014 it's rare but I agree with everything Colin said.
bovril Posted 13 December 2014 Posted 13 December 2014 He lost the dressing room but found it again down the back of his sofa.
Clever Fox Posted 13 December 2014 Posted 13 December 2014 I'm surprised by some of what I'm reading today. Numerous pre match score predictions had the Mancs absolutely hammering us today. They were coming off the back of staying in Europe, after a great win in Rome..while we had accrued 2 points from 30. Very few posters had us drawing, let alone winning. I've been critical of some recent performances..we have been too open, too exposed and punished for it. Today, Pearson did exactly what I thought he should do. Try to control the middle of the park, support the defence and try to hit on the counter. Well, against a world class club side, it very nearly worked. We had some control back in the side, limited them to very few chances, made a few of our own and only succumbed to a Frank Lampard goal..a player who has ghosted into opposition penalty boxes to score goals for over a decade. So what do our 'fans' want? How can Pearson win? Only a few weeks ago, many were calling for a return to the 4-4-2. Well that didn't work did it. Now that Pearson changed it again.. He's still being criticised. For me, the issue isn't passion, it isn't commitment and it's certainly not effort. We remain a side that is 'trying'..we look fit enough and clearly frustrated at our run with no return. No, the issue, unfortunately is quality. That in-form striker, that rock at the back, or that creative midfielder. Any one of these would make a difference. Is the lack of such a player Nigel's fault? I don't think so..he clearly wanted other players in over the summer, but couldn't get them for a number of reasons. So..its decision time..we are where we are. We looked better today. We ARE trying. So, back Pearson, back the team and see improvements where they occur OR keep moaning, keep berating and ignore what both Pearson and the team are attempting to do? Your choice....I'm going for the former. I couldn't have put it any better myself. totally spot on with everything you say. Everyone is up for it and trying there Hearts out that's quite obvious after today. To their credit they are improving all the time. We just need a bit of luck and a break. It's easy to support players who put that much effort for our club. Nigel also deserves credit for the way he set the Team up today. There really isn't anything else he can do until January. Keep the Faith.
Stadt Posted 13 December 2014 Posted 13 December 2014 Hold on, speak for yourself pal. There wasn't one person I don't think on this forum that didn't day come the end of the transfer window that we didn't bring in enough quality?The vast majority were content with the squad that amassed 102 points, I'm sure even you were content after the United game.
The Horse's Mouth Posted 13 December 2014 Posted 13 December 2014 Good post, back Pearson until the end of the season for me.
Harry - LCFC Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 Accord to someone phoning in after the game Peardon has lost the dressing room and the players weren’t even trying. I really wonder what game people are watching. People trying to take their frustration out in any way they can. Just making up things to criticise.
PAULCFC Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 There's a few on here change their tune according to our last result......and you know who you are!Sylofox for one is a two faced.....so got him on ignore,'cause he spouts .....shit.
richard80014 Posted 14 December 2014 Posted 14 December 2014 I'm surprised by some of what I'm reading today. Numerous pre match score predictions had the Mancs absolutely hammering us today. They were coming off the back of staying in Europe, after a great win in Rome..while we had accrued 2 points from 30. Very few posters had us drawing, let alone winning. I've been critical of some recent performances..we have been too open, too exposed and punished for it. Today, Pearson did exactly what I thought he should do. Try to control the middle of the park, support the defence and try to hit on the counter. Well, against a world class club side, it very nearly worked. We had some control back in the side, limited them to very few chances, made a few of our own and only succumbed to a Frank Lampard goal..a player who has ghosted into opposition penalty boxes to score goals for over a decade. So what do our 'fans' want? How can Pearson win? Only a few weeks ago, many were calling for a return to the 4-4-2. Well that didn't work did it. Now that Pearson changed it again.. He's still being criticised. For me, the issue isn't passion, it isn't commitment and it's certainly not effort. We remain a side that is 'trying'..we look fit enough and clearly frustrated at our run with no return. No, the issue, unfortunately is quality. That in-form striker, that rock at the back, or that creative midfielder. Any one of these would make a difference. Is the lack of such a player Nigel's fault? I don't think so..he clearly wanted other players in over the summer, but couldn't get them for a number of reasons. So..its decision time..we are where we are. We looked better today. We ARE trying. So, back Pearson, back the team and see improvements where they occur OR keep moaning, keep berating and ignore what both Pearson and the team are attempting to do? Your choice....I'm going for the former. What you meant to say is the following: I love Pearson with all my heart and no matter how many games he loses or relegations he takes us through I will always make daft excuses to keep him and will insult/shout (just like the man) at anyone who has a different opinion. Pearson can take us to non league and I will still want him in charge because I simply love the man and not the club. There you go chap - I have re written your post in more appropriate language for you. Where are all the Pearsonites who said he was better than O'Neil,, ha ha didn't remember O'Neal being 5 points adrift at the bottom before Christmas. Before you all spout your usual O'Neal didn't win the lower leagues etc we are in the Premier League and this is where people are truly judged. Anyway I will leave you to your Pearson worship chap along with your fellow congregation of inept 'not real' fans. There's a few on here change their tune according to our last result......any you know who you are!Sylo for one. Some of our fans celebrating a loss - dear oh dear....
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.