Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
Guest Col city fan

Your choice.......?

Recommended Posts

Posted

Read "At this level".

 

Now yes, he could have changed this in the summer, but I was fairly confident in them, as were many on here - not too many were concerned put it that way, they're quite cleary not, an error of judgement from Pearson perhaps but like I said i've made the same error of judgement myself and so have many others who had confidence in this team.

 

Happy now i've explained the logic?

Most real fans were upset with the lack of signing this summer as we knew we would suffer as a result. Where does all this drivel about fans being happy in the summer come from. Maybe inept thick fans were happy but the rest of us were not . Pearson Out...

Posted

The vast majority were content with the squad that amassed 102 points, I'm sure even you were content after the United game.

Correct as you say on this forum. Most fans don't spend their lives on here like you do. Real fans were very upset with the lack of signings. It is not your fault as you have been brainwashed by the Pearsonite sect but you will be saved one day chap.

 

Keep the Pearsonite gospel spreading until then....

 

Another great loss today - lets celebrate -  lol

Posted

I was happy with the lack of signings. The championship team was excellent - even anti Pearson folk would have to agree with that. The addition of Ulloa and Cambiasso and those other two (oh - and Upson) should have been enough. If Pearson had ripped up the 102pt team I expect he would have been right royally slagged for it.

Posted

Correct as you say on this forum. Most fans don't spend their lives on here like you do. Real fans were very upset with the lack of signings. It is not your fault as you have been brainwashed by the Pearsonite sect but you will be saved one day chap.

 

Keep the Pearsonite gospel spreading until then....

 

Another great loss today - lets celebrate -   lolTROLL

Posted

I am backing Pearson, always have.

 

I am backing the team to an extent but at the end of the day i'm not going to sit there a be happy when it's quite clear the quality isn't there, they're not good enough - not their fault exactly, but that is a matter of fact they are not good enough at this level.

 

I'll give them credit where credit is due, they tried today, gave it go, and did better than we expected, but whether it was 1-0 or 10-0, it's a loss, I can't be happy with a loss.

 

The other big issue i've got - Why couldn't we perform like that against Palace, Burnley, Newcastle, Swansea, West Brom, Southampton, QPR, Villa?

 

Why can we only seem to perform against the bigger sides? Everton, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool, Man City?

Yet Burnley after a poor start, seem to be making a pretty decent fist of it at the moment don`t they, with like us, pretty much the same players they had last season, and yet i think most of us would say that we were clearly the better of the two sides last season.

People blame the players, but the managements player selection, tactics and organisation of a team are massively important factors.

At the moment, much as it pains me to say it, Dyche seems to be starting to get things right, while Peason is still looking to find a magic fomula.

The chances are, Burnleys lack of quality will probably still see them relegated in the end, but at least they are giving themselves a chance at the moment.

For what it`s worth, i think we might as well stick with Pearson until the end of the season now, i can certainly see why fans want him replaced, but personally i think that time has gone now, and we have to go with him, and hope he turns it around..

We are nearly at the january window already, and any new manager coming in, wouldn`t have much time to assess the current squad first hand, or identify the players he wants to bring in.

I would imagine Pearson and his staff have already got their targets identified, and probably putting the feelers out already, as to whether they might have a chance of signing who they want.

If we do go down though, should we reward Pearsons failure, with another go at bringing us back up again?

I imagine the majority, certainly on this board will say yes, and there is some logic to it, but after what will have been a season of demoralising failure, i`m not sure he would deserve that chance.

Posted

Some proper pricks pipe up when we're doing shit. "Real fans" lol yeah how dare we want him to succeed. Lets jump on the orthodox bandwagon, appoint Pulis, throw absolutely millions and gamble, after all it's got us so far every other ****ing time we've done it.

Posted

Some proper pricks pipe up when we're doing shit. "Real fans" lol yeah how dare we want him to succeed. Lets jump on the orthodox bandwagon, appoint Pulis, throw absolutely millions and gamble, after all it's got us so far every other ****ing time we've done it.

Hear lies the problem. What is a "real fan"? It seems you can't be a "real fan" unless you wholeheartedly support NP and everything he does.

I have travelled more miles than I care to imagine in 30 years of following leicester City, and in that time seen hundreds of shit defeats in shit towns. Seen far too many home defeats to crap teams and spent literally thousands of pounds doing so.

However, I dont blindly follow NP so I must not be a "real fan".

I support leicester City, not Nigel Pearson. He is employed as our manager to do a job. That job is to get results in football. He did that last year, in a stunning record breaking season. However, we can't live on past success ( see Nottingham forest and European victories! ). It's the now that matters.

As pointed out by someone else above, we smashed the championship ahead of Burnley last season. I think most people would agree that we would put maybe 3 of their team into the lcfc squad. The dynamic that is different is the tactical ability of the manager. We have chopped and changed our front 2 and midfield non stop this season. The finger is pointed clearly at NP. It's not "plucky" displays against the champions that matter. That still gets us no points.

Sorry, but the recent record is a disgrace, and the way we are giving up on our premiership campaign is disgusting.

Posted

Strange. Somehow you seem to attach more blame to the players for not being good enough, than to Pearson who brought them here? Good logic.

Strange. Somehow you manage to completely ignore "at this level" in Col's post and also fail to see the bigger picture with regards to our signings.

 

Ever heard of the name Terry Robinson? No? Well, maybe you want to read up on it.

Posted

Fair does. Suppose putting it like that it's easy to understand why you back Pearson.

On the flip side, it might be easy for you to understand some who don't back him. As a lot of people didn't have faith in the current crop alone and screamed out for more quality to be added, now it's evident, it makes it infuriating and naturally all the blame is then attached to him.

Naturally, as far as you and a minority of fans is concerned.

Posted

Correct as you say on this forum. Most fans don't spend their lives on here like you do. Real fans were very upset with the lack of signings. It is not your fault as you have been brainwashed by the Pearsonite sect but you will be saved one day chap.

 

Keep the Pearsonite gospel spreading until then....

 

Another great loss today - lets celebrate -   lol

Most fans don't come up with silly theories about the manager and a sect called "Pearsonites". lol

 

As far as I can see, nobody's celebrating. The reactions upon the 1-0 loss to Manchester City have been primarily level-headed and full of praise for the team performance, which is steadily improving. Of course, not improving fast enough for the impatient and loony part of our fanbase, who are so caught up in this picture of Leicester City belonging to the Premier League, having to stay at this level at all costs and being better than we actually are/can be at the moment, expecting us to beat everyone week in, week out.

 

What you meant to say is the following:

 

I love Pearson with all my heart and no matter how many games he loses or relegations he takes us through I will always make daft excuses to keep him and will insult/shout (just like the man) at anyone who has a different opinion. Pearson can take us to non league and I will still want him in charge because I simply love the man and not the club.

 

There you go chap - I have re written your post in more appropriate language for you.

 

Where are all the Pearsonites who said he was better than O'Neil,, ha ha  didn't remember O'Neal being 5 points adrift at the bottom before Christmas. Before you all spout your usual O'Neal didn't win the lower leagues etc we are in the Premier League and this is where people are truly judged.

 

Anyway I will leave you to your Pearson worship chap along with your fellow congregation of inept 'not real' fans.

Some of our fans celebrating a loss - dear oh dear....

Who said Pearson was better than O'Neill? Most fans simply appreciate the hard work he's done for us in the space of a couple of seasons, learning from his previous mistakes and building a solid foundation and finding his best squad for promotion. Now that we are where we are, it's all down to a similar learning curve once more. This time, it's even steeper.

 

You say "we are in the Premier League and this is where people are truly judged". You're correct, that even goes for fans.

 

Most real fans were upset with the lack of signing this summer as we knew we would suffer as a result. Where does all this drivel about fans being happy in the summer come from. Maybe inept thick fans were happy but the rest of us were not . Pearson Out...

Who is a "real fan" according to your definition? Someone who agrees with your crazy theories and simplistic point of view?

 

"The rest of us"? I do hope for the sanity of mankind that we can keep the amount of people like you down.

Posted

Hear lies the problem. What is a "real fan"? It seems you can't be a "real fan" unless you wholeheartedly support NP and everything he does.

I have travelled more miles than I care to imagine in 30 years of following leicester City, and in that time seen hundreds of shit defeats in shit towns. Seen far too many home defeats to crap teams and spent literally thousands of pounds doing so.

However, I dont blindly follow NP so I must not be a "real fan".

I support leicester City, not Nigel Pearson. He is employed as our manager to do a job. That job is to get results in football. He did that last year, in a stunning record breaking season. However, we can't live on past success ( see Nottingham forest and European victories! ). It's the now that matters.

As pointed out by someone else above, we smashed the championship ahead of Burnley last season. I think most people would agree that we would put maybe 3 of their team into the lcfc squad. The dynamic that is different is the tactical ability of the manager. We have chopped and changed our front 2 and midfield non stop this season. The finger is pointed clearly at NP. It's not "plucky" displays against the champions that matter. That still gets us no points.

Sorry, but the recent record is a disgrace, and the way we are giving up on our premiership campaign is disgusting.

Herein lies the problem - you assume we have given up or are in the process of doing so. The majority of the performances on the pitch so far tell me otherwise.

Posted

Herein lies the problem - you assume we have given up or are in the process of doing so. The majority of the performances on the pitch so far tell me otherwise.

And the majority of the results tell me otherwise

Posted

And the majority of the results tell me otherwise

The majority of the teams in this division are richer, possess much more talent and experience in all areas and are quite established on this level.

 

All luxuries we can't afford.

 

As long as you put results=effort/performance, you'll never have an easy or healthy life.

See, take our scrappy 1-0 win against Stoke for instance: We came out as winners, but we didn't play very well. In fact, we were pretty lucky to get away with all three points.

 

It's not that simple, I'm afraid.

Guest Col city fan
Posted

And the majority of the results tell me otherwise

For me, the point is we don't look like a side that has conceded defeat already. No-one has battered us. We aren't far off being a side that will pick up results. That's the key.

If we looked like a team that was way out of its depth, with no desire and clearly unable to even have a go, I'd be far more worried. The lads are clearly still behind Pearson and until I see that they aren't, I'm still backing them, and him. Actually, seeing that they are still believing in what they are doing makes me want to back them even more. We are now the underdogs...and need support to get out of this situation..not moaning and berating. That serves no purpose whatsoever.

Posted

His failure is not getting enough performances of yesterday's standard against teams where it would have been positive for us and damaging for them. Picking up points against united is great but not when coupled with dropping points against teams we are competing with. He has either got tactics wrong or motivated poorly against the teams we need to beat. I know this isn't a player rating thread but mahrez to me is becoming less effective. Far too many touches and turns with very little output of any worth. I know he is one of the few who can do something creative, but when is it going to mean something?

Posted

I'm all for people supporting the manager. Your right as a supporter is to do so and equally, if you want a change, at the minute that is a pretty understandable point of view.

What I hate is the bad arguments from the pro Pearson camp.

To try and make out that teams like Sunderland and Villa have something over is is absurd. Compare the squads on paper and overall te talent lies with us, our problem is we're not utilising it properly. The 'he's got us out of it before' argument doesnt wash either. The season finished. He didnt get us out of a rut. Plus his reasons for the poor firm were laid at the feet of a few disruptive individuals which were exited from the club. That isnt around now.

It seems quite easy to dismiss critisisms of the manager as 'knee jerk' and i'm sick of hearing that people who are critical of Pearson have been waiting in the wings for a run like this? Nobody wants us to be in this run. Nobody wants Pearson to fail but the fact is, he is!

Yesterday he showed that he can get it right but lets not **** a duck just yet. Redemption will come from results and I would suggest it is absolutely vital we get that win next week. If we find ourselves 8 points away from safety, we will be relegated and all that faith will be for nought.

It wont be an instant bounce back either. The Championship is getting better and next year will be no different.

Personally, I think we've missed the chance to get out of it with a change of manager. It is down to Pearson now and I just hope that in January, he puts his fear of paying the odds to the side and pushes to get us the quality required. Its up to him to manage the harmony of the squad regardless of how much a player costs or gets paid.

Posted

For me keep Pearson for now,if the tinkering and changing formations continues,it just proves the manager doesn't know what to do for the best,and would be probably a good idea to give somebody else a go.

Posted

Read "At this level".

Now yes, he could have changed this in the summer, but I was fairly confident in them, as were many on here - not too many were concerned put it that way, they're quite cleary not, an error of judgement from Pearson perhaps but like I said i've made the same error of judgement myself and so have many others who had confidence in this team.

Happy now i've explained the logic?

I said all along most of our players weren't up to premiership standard, particularly our defenders.

Liam Moore as an example.

As for the Man City game, they never got out of 1st gear, yet people on here are now saying the clueless Pearson has turned the corner.

Get this useless big headed fool out of our club!

Posted

I'm all for people supporting the manager. Your right as a supporter is to do so and equally, if you want a change, at the minute that is a pretty understandable point of view.

What I hate is the bad arguments from the pro Pearson camp.

To try and make out that teams like Sunderland and Villa have something over is is absurd. Compare the squads on paper and overall te talent lies with us, our problem is we're not utilising it properly. The 'he's got us out of it before' argument doesnt wash either. The season finished. He didnt get us out of a rut. Plus his reasons for the poor firm were laid at the feet of a few disruptive individuals which were exited from the club. That isnt around now.

It seems quite easy to dismiss critisisms of the manager as 'knee jerk' and i'm sick of hearing that people who are critical of Pearson have been waiting in the wings for a run like this? Nobody wants us to be in this run. Nobody wants Pearson to fail but the fact is, he is!

Yesterday he showed that he can get it right but lets not **** a duck just yet. Redemption will come from results and I would suggest it is absolutely vital we get that win next week. If we find ourselves 8 points away from safety, we will be relegated and all that faith will be for nought.

It wont be an instant bounce back either. The Championship is getting better and next year will be no different.

Personally, I think we've missed the chance to get out of it with a change of manager. It is down to Pearson now and I just hope that in January, he puts his fear of paying the odds to the side and pushes to get us the quality required. Its up to him to manage the harmony of the squad regardless of how much a player costs or gets paid.

if only there was an objective way to determine whether us, villa or Sunderland have better squads. it's not really objective, but who has spent more money out of the three of of us in total on our squads? market value is somewhat objective. I don't play Fifa but whose team is ranked better by points, or however they do it?

Posted

People's selective memory is baffling

The players earned that loyalty, teams who get over 100pts and are League's ahead of the rest don't do what we've done.... they haven't proved they aren't good enough, only that 442 in the Premier League is kamikaze

The fact it took Pearson 11 games to change that could see us down

I back him 100% but if we start with 442 again and not save it for last 10 mins if chasing a result then we're down. And I'll back Pearson to take us back up

Anyone could see we were were being overran, carved open at will and that opposition midfielders were picking off last ditch blocks for the majority of the 10 games, we even let QPR set a top flight record for attempts on goal... Just woeful from Pearson

Yesterday we defended in numbers, our wide men blunted the attacking threat of Clichy & Sagna and while we never got much joy at the other end we surely would against teams who don't have some of the world's best players and are reigning Champions and Champions League knockout team for a reason

Posted

Hear lies the problem. What is a "real fan"? It seems you can't be a "real fan" unless you wholeheartedly support NP and everything he does.

I have travelled more miles than I care to imagine in 30 years of following leicester City, and in that time seen hundreds of shit defeats in shit towns. Seen far too many home defeats to crap teams and spent literally thousands of pounds doing so.

However, I dont blindly follow NP so I must not be a "real fan".

I support leicester City, not Nigel Pearson. He is employed as our manager to do a job. That job is to get results in football. He did that last year, in a stunning record breaking season. However, we can't live on past success ( see Nottingham forest and European victories! ). It's the now that matters.

As pointed out by someone else above, we smashed the championship ahead of Burnley last season. I think most people would agree that we would put maybe 3 of their team into the lcfc squad. The dynamic that is different is the tactical ability of the manager. We have chopped and changed our front 2 and midfield non stop this season. The finger is pointed clearly at NP. It's not "plucky" displays against the champions that matter. That still gets us no points.

Sorry, but the recent record is a disgrace, and the way we are giving up on our premiership campaign is disgusting.

This.......top post I agree with every word.

Posted

People's selective memory is baffling

The players earned that loyalty, teams who get over 100pts and are League's ahead of the rest don't do what we've done.... they haven't proved they aren't good enough, only that 442 in the Premier League is kamikaze

The fact it took Pearson 11 games to change that could see us down

I back him 100% but if we start with 442 again and not save it for last 10 mins if chasing a result then we're down. And I'll back Pearson to take us back up

Anyone could see we were were being overran, carved open at will and that opposition midfielders were picking off last ditch blocks for the majority of the 10 games, we even let QPR set a top flight record for attempts on goal... Just woeful from Pearson

Yesterday we defended in numbers, our wide men blunted the attacking threat of Clichy & Sagna and while we never got much joy at the other end we surely would against teams who don't have some of the world's best players and are reigning Champions and Champions League knockout team for a reason

agreed.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...