Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Darth Fox

Levein Opinion

When will he go  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Let's not beat qround the bush, which month will he either leave or be sacked?

• September
    • October
    • November
    • December
    • Beyond

He's not going anwhere! with anyluck. He's still learning and yes ok it's not what we need at the minute but who else do we get in? He's not been in charge a year yet. And he's starting from scratch

You know what to do.

So, people are already calling for CL's head. I think this is ridicolous, firstly, he could hardly block a £2mill move for a player we bought for £500,000. Secondly, i believe if we give him some time, he will improve our team better than any other manage we could reallistically acquire. We've had a lot of injuries, but they'll be back, and we'll be a better team.

Craig Levein's blue n white army :thumbup::scarf:

Why are we all jumping down the throat of the manager because we have had to sell one of our players???

We dont even know the full story behind it as yet but no as usual we are more interested in allocating blame rather than looking at the reasons.

As i have said before we arn't in a position to turn these offers down!! We are not a strong club financially these deals go along way towards us staying alive as a football club.

I would have loved conners to stay but if he isn't then so be it thats football somethimes no one is to blame its all part of the game.

**** off, he's been brave enough to try and build something here and hats off to him. He's signed us young players like McCarthy, Hughes, Maybury, Gerrbrand, etc who will be at this club for longer than a few months and give the fans a chance to build a rapport with the players.

Success sometimes isn't instant, but whatever the results are at the minute we are playing better football and are better shape than before Levein arrived.

He's still the main man.

No blame on the manager from me.

He has got us playing some good enjoyable football, lowered the age of the team by about 10years and given us abit of hope for the future.

We cannot expect overnight success.

I'm impatient, perhaps more impatient than most but there's no point shedding Levein at this stage.

He's got to have the season to mould the team and prepare for a genuine promotion push next year UNLESS the situation gets worse and we're not only staring relegation in the face but also showing no signs of playing cohesive, passionate, attacking football.

The upheaval of his going would be counter productive but he really does have to learn fast. What is missing is all there on the threads if he cares to read em, which he should.

Why? Because once the knives were out for Adams on the forums it didn't take long at all for him to be on his way. It's a powerful medium, the forum.

Why? Because once the knives were out for Adams on the forums it didn't take long at all for him to be on his way. It's a powerful medium, the forum.

Viral marketing. ;):thumbup:

The problem I think Levein has is he's very Sven in that he's loyal to his signings whether they are good or not and that may lead to his downfall as he's no risk taker. He was a tough player while at Hearts back in the day but appears to be a soft manager.

This isn't Levein's fault. Every player has their price, but it's just upsetting he's going. Levein is still the man for the job.

Let's get behind him, not slag him off. He'll use the money wisely.

Quite agree that there's a price for every player and horsetrading is vital to City's long term future. What's important is what happens next by way of incoming attackers.

As I and others have said before and it is said again on this thread, Levein has already done some important good in lowering the average age and increasing the value of the team (Connolly's departure turning that theory into some ready cash).

The only people should be worried about their jobs just now are the coaches and two or three of the players.

The problem I think Levein has is he's very Sven in that he's loyal to his signings whether they are good or not and that may lead to his downfall as he's no risk taker. He was a tough player while at Hearts back in the day but appears to be a soft manager.

That's not true, every player has a time to prove themselves in this division.

We do know he will move people on if they are not successful whether signed by him or not

That's not true, every player has a time to prove themselves in this division.

We do know he will move people on if they are not successful whether signed by him or not

Any news on transfers today? If we don't sign another striker there will be uproar. Did you know Connolly was going a while a go? If so, has Levein got a back-up plan?

Archived