Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Ian Hume

If anyone had the pleasure of watching Tranmere versus Bolton in the cup a few years ago will know how good this lad is. I was actually at that game as I won tickets for it (don't ask how) and Hume was amazing. He scored an absolute belter and I remember Allardyce going wild about this lad.

He's only 21, might not have a goal every other game ratio but after watching some of the shit turn out in the league we are in he is easily capable of making the step up and be a revelation for us.

I'm still gutted Connolly is leaving, but £2 million is excellent and it could keep this club competing with the top clubs of this division for longer than anticipated what with our parachute payments running out next year. It's not as if Levein has been denied the funds for player what with £500,000 for Hume and reports of £300,000 for Hammond. The other £1.2 million will be banked and that's excellent news for the club.

Apolgies for over-reacting earlier, but the news of Dave leaving shocked me immensly and although Hume could turn out to be inferior than Connlly I think to get a player who's 7/8 years younger than Connolly and an international for 75% cheaper than we sold Connolly for isn't bad business.

He comes with a good reputation aswell and a haircut that only players with alot of confidence can dare to sport.

What if it falls through like the Lovell deal, and conners goes? We are left with crap striking options. And has Hammond officially signed?

What happens if you go for a dump and your brains falls out your arse with it? Not alot you or Leicester can do mate.

From Tranmere site....

Tranmere Rovers have this morning accepted an offer from Leicester City for the transfer of Iain Hume. The terms include an up front guaranteed payment of £500,000 on completion plus a further payment of £250,000 if Leicester City are promoted and a 10% sell on clause. The offer is far more attractive than other offers received over the summer from Preston North End and Sheffield Wednesday.

In recent weeks Iain Hume and his advisor have made it increasingly clear to Chairman Lorraine Rogers and Brian Little that he wanted the opportunity to play at Championship level and they urged the Club to have discussions with clubs that had expressed an interest.

Chairman Lorraine Rogers said: "Iain has clearly been unsettled and this was a factor.He made his views plain both directly and indirectly. Leicester have proposed a very good deal for the Club and, therefore, we have given Iain permission to talk to them."

Iain is travelling to Leicester City today to finalise personal terms and to undergo a medical.

If the deal is completed it will be one of a number of transfers of strikers from League One clubs to Championship clubs over the summer.

---------------------------------------------

Tranmere have also given a trial to Nikcy Sumerbee too! lol;)

From 'Tranmere_Dave' on another forum:

Absolutely gutted!

You've got a player there who has the potential to do what Nugent at Preston has done so far in the Championship.He'll do very well for your lot providing you play him right!

He's got lightning pace,very good skills and scores the odd screamer from 25 yards or so

Iain is the youngest player to ever player for Tranmere Rovers FC,at 16 years old and 167 days Hume beat Dixie Dean's record by 192 days in 2000!

Finished our top scorer last season with 17 goals in all comps,and scored 15 the previous season.He's loved by all Tranmere fans with his great work rate and never gives up.Iain will be 22 soon and is a great loss to Rovers!

Fantastic goals,Fantastic skill,Fantastic work ethic Iain has got alot in his game.He's also suprising good in the air for someone whos only 5 ft 7!

My favourite goal from Iain?

Bolton 1 Tranmere 2 in 2003-4!

We were 1-0 up through Eugene Dadi and Bolton cruely scored in the last seconds to claim extra time.Not to be outdone,Iain picked up the ball...10 seconds into extra time on the half way line,took on 2-3 player before unleasing a left footed(his weaker foot),35 yards out into the top corner of Boltons's goal

Iain won't be forgotten,he was loyal and very committed and i'll miss him alot.He's easily good enough for the Championship,goodluck Iain you deserve this chance!

It's 500,000 upfront with 250,000 if he gets you promotion and a 10% sell on clause,even if you get promoted 750,000 will still be cheap!

Great player you've got there,goodluck to the Foxes and best of luck to Iain!

link

I SAID HUME WAS COMING ON JULY 24TH (and repeated it on August 4th) !!!

I'm trying to attach my Forum Messages of those days - but the technology eludes me ! Anyway its there for all to see. A mate at Tranmere told me at the end of July - when his deal to Sheff Wed folded.

Good call. :);) Just got to agree personal terms now.

I like Hume. Opposition fans don't. He's a little ankle-biter, and quick too - basically what we've needed up front since Dickov left.

Ian Hume is an absoloute cracking player capable of getting 15+ goals a year what a brilliant capture!

He is going to be David Nugent part 2!

You cant blame Connolly for leaving he had the chance of prem football and he has never played in that league before , I think 2m rising to 3 maybe is a great deal for us!

:)

Archived