RedSoxUK Posted 18 March 2015 Posted 18 March 2015 http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31953225 Hull have been charged with failing to control their players during their 0-0 draw at Leicester last weekend. It relates to an incident in the 68th minute when Hull defender Alex Bruce was booked and a number of players crowded around referee Jonathan Moss. The club has until 18:00 GMT on Monday to respond to the charge. The charge comes a day after Football Association chairman Greg Dykeexpressed his concern at the increase in players surrounding referees. Players from both sides approached Moss after Bruce's heavy challenge on Riyad Mahrez, in which the City defender appeared to play the ball. Hull boss Steve Bruce said after the game: "There's a raging debate about Chelsea in midweek and if we're not careful... I saw everyone [Leicester players] surround Alex for a red card for his challenge." Hull midfielder Tom Huddlestone was sent off for two bookable offences in the same match. "There wasn't a nasty challenge in the game yet we've had five yellow cards and a sending off. I never saw that coming," said Bruce. To be fair, Hull were unfairly penalised a number of times.
ousefox Posted 18 March 2015 Posted 18 March 2015 Jesus I hardly even noticed it. Literally only being charged because it's in the news.
RedSoxUK Posted 18 March 2015 Author Posted 18 March 2015 Jesus I hardly even noticed it. Literally only being charged because it's in the news. I did notice the Hull players 'crowd' the ref after the yellow, but they saw a fair challenge, like I did. Accepting the refs decision without questioning that just wouldn't happen. Didn't notice ours though.
Corky Posted 18 March 2015 Posted 18 March 2015 Jesus I hardly even noticed it. Literally only being charged because it's in the news. Bruce criticising our players didn't help his cause, the Hull players were crowding the referee far more than ours.
Stadt Posted 18 March 2015 Posted 18 March 2015 Mahrez was surrounded after the tackle too, it was a bit pathetic all of the rolling but three players went and stood over him
Guest ttfn Posted 18 March 2015 Posted 18 March 2015 It seems a bit unfair but it is funny given that Bruce was trying to claim it was our lot. Also, you can't make two footed tackles and then say "it's ok he got the ball". It wasn't a typical 2 footer because he didn't jump in so a yellow was fine.
ScouseFox Posted 18 March 2015 Posted 18 March 2015 yeah like ttfn hinted Id probably have said wow what a joke but I'm well pleased after bruce trying to claim we were the baddies when it was deffo them.
ousefox Posted 18 March 2015 Posted 18 March 2015 You having a laugh? They were awful. No worse than what has happened many times this season before the Chelsea thing hit the news.
Fatty Arbuckle Posted 19 March 2015 Posted 19 March 2015 You having a laugh? They were awful.I'm with you on this one; Just watch Dawsons reaction when he's about to get booked. More of a baby than any Chelsea player!
LcFc_Smiv Posted 19 March 2015 Posted 19 March 2015 There were numerous occasions on Saturday when I thought to myself Dawson would need to calm down with the way he was reacting to the decision. For those stating its unfair on Hull because they were bad decisions, we've had far worse go against us and our response has been nowhere near to the standards of that. On Bruces tackle I'm pretty sure it was their players who surrounded the ref to try and prevent the card, we had 2 maybe 3 who got involved but it was nowhere near on the scale that its made out to be. Glad this has came abou, f**k Bruce and f**k Hull!
cjslcfc Posted 19 March 2015 Posted 19 March 2015 This has made me very happy considering Bruce tried to claim our players surrounded the referee to get Alex Bruce sent off. That's not what our team does. Hope they get fined purely because of his comments.
st albans fox Posted 19 March 2015 Posted 19 March 2015 Meanwhile, Bruce didn't get sent off and hull will be fined 20 grand. I'd say that was a good result for hull. Perhaps if we had done that to mike Jones or madley at Man City, he might have consulted his Lino and changed his decision??
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.