Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
J.Lisemore

CBT Test.

CBT is a doddle - fear not!

The road stuff is not really difficult, just common sense.

The only bit that may require some concentration are things such as figures of eight and riding round cones - remember the bike tends to go where you are looking so practice good clutch to throttle ratio and look with your head (not just your eyes!) as to where yo want to go this includes looking downward as this may make you put your foot down!

Just go enjoy it - it's just make sure you are safe and can control the bike.

Cheers lads. Obviously got a few pre-match nerves due to walking into the unknown. I ride my push bike to and from work everyday so I suppose I shouldn't be too bad on the balance part.

Its mainly the road I'm a little wary about, I'm quite clumsy sometimes so I'm prone to the odd stupid mistake.

You'll be fine. Just concentrate on what you're doing and listen to the instructors.

I've done it twice (first one ran out and didn't want to do a full licence yet) and on both of them, no one didn't get a certificate.

Remember, it's not a test, it's more training so no one's expecting you to be perfect immediately.

Have you driven a car? Do you know your highway code? 

I found this to be a waste of time and money personally, but I drive already and know the roads.

As youre a non driver (I guess?) then it may come in handy, but really there is nothing to be nervous or scared about. All they do is teach you how to ride a bike and where to position yourself on the road.

Don't worry.

Yeah non-driver at the moment and just looking for a more convenient way of getting to and from work. 40 mins there and back on a push bike really does take the biscuit. Cheers for the reassurance guys, probably worrying about nothing really, its just all new to me :thumbup:

I never did it but from speaking to those that did (going back about 5 years) they found the experience they gained from using the roads enabled them to pass their driving test in fewer lessons and made them more confident.

I had never been behind the wheel of a car before my first driving lesson so I was nervous with give ways, roundabouts etc. and I passed after 38 lessons.*

Those that had used a moped for a year before they started passed in about 20ish I think.

*Passed second time but it was still only three months after turning 17 so a lot of lessons but not a lot of time.

Thought you meant Cognitive Behavioural Therapy test until I read the actual post lol. Reading too much psychology stuff!

I thought this too! :blush: 

As long as you pay attention you'll have a great day out. Just be careful - the brakes on some of the bike school 125's are utter dogshit, so don't underestimate a 60mph stop and end up having to filter in between cars as you'd anticipated you'd come to a stop 20 yards before you actually do. It can happen!

Archived