Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frenzied

The Chelsea ran away...

Was reading a post about the Chelsea v Barca game earlier and our rivalry with Chelski was mentioned; I was only a kid when it started, I think, but would someone please explain what's behind that song (the chelsea ran away etc) and our mutual dislike for each other as clubs.

Cheers :thumbup:

Was reading a post about the Chelsea v Barca game earlier and our rivalry with Chelski was mentioned; I was only a kid when it started, I think, but would someone please explain what's behind that song (the chelsea ran away etc) and our mutual dislike for each other as clubs.

Cheers :thumbup:

Sorry wrong day

26th December 1979 was the day when Leicester tried to take the shed!

..and the next time they came to Filbert St about 300 of them tried to take the Kop

i was there, not sure of the date though?

Hark now hear the leicester sing, the chelsea ran away, and will will fight 4 ever more because of boxing day.

they also mention us when singing , we will follow the chelsea over land and sea, AND LEICESTER.

Right season, wrong game.

It was the infamous home game in the old Second Division on April 5th 1980 which City won 1-0 (Larry May header - what's he doing now?). After the winner, it all went off in the corner between the Kop and the chicken run underneath the old Members Stand.

In those days before segregation, several hundred Chelsea fans had infiltrated that area knowing they were well placed for a ruck whichever way fortune ran. What took place was the largest mass brawl that I have ever seen inside a stadium.

The match was televised on Soccer Sunday with the legendary Hugh Johns at the mike. His attention was drawn to the disturbance: 'there's a riot going on there in the corner - I've never seen anything like it!'

I noticed just before the game squads of Chelsea Headhunters running down isolated Leicester fans outside Filbo. What was peculiar about this was their war cries. They had nothing to do with football. The scumbags were chanting 'National Front' and 'Seig Heil' and giving the Nazi salute.

I remember one thug in their crew. I'm convined his doppelganger appeared alongside Wilder and Pryor in 'Stir Crazy' (the ginormous bald bloke). After that game I was convined that the far right was responsible for most football hooliganism, that it was clearly being organised and that it was being used as a training ground for their heavies.

Footnote: Leicester went up as Champions that season.

i was there, not sure of the date though?

Hark now hear the leicester sing, the chelsea ran away, and will will fight 4 ever more because of boxing day.

they also mention us when singing , we will follow the chelsea over land and sea, AND LEICESTER.

It's this song that is the reason they Tim 'Soccer AM' Lovejoy ALLWAYS calls us 'AND Leicester'

It was the infamous home game in the old Second Division on April 5th 1980 which City won 1-0 (Larry May header - what's he doing now?). After the winner, it all went off in the corner between the Kop and the chicken run underneath the old Members Stand.

In those days before segregation, several hundred Chelsea fans had infiltrated that area knowing they were well placed for a ruck whichever way fortune ran. What took place was the largest mass brawl that I have ever seen inside a stadium.

The match was televised on Soccer Sunday with the legendary Hugh Johns at the mike. His attention was drawn to the disturbance: 'there's a riot going on there in the corner - I've never seen anything like it!'

I noticed just before the game squads of Chelsea Headhunters running down isolated Leicester fans outside Filbo. What was peculiar about this was their war cries. They had nothing to do with football. The scumbags were chanting 'National Front' and 'Seig Heil' and giving the Nazi salute.

I remember one thug in their crew. I'm convined his doppelganger appeared alongside Wilder and Pryor in 'Stir Crazy' (the ginormous bald bloke). After that game I was convined that the far right was responsible for most football hooliganism, that it was clearly being organised and that it was being used as a training ground for their heavies.

The Boxing Day reference though is from the same season when we played them at the Bridge on Boxing Day funnily enough!

Leicester had a huge mob that day and it was mayhem, I was at both games, I remember the home game because I had left school the previous day never to return!

Even sweeter was the fact that we beat them that day and that probably cost them promotion!

to be honest in them days all london clubs loved coming to leicester cos they knew it would kick off, i can remember going down to london and going to say fulham and fighting with chelsea just up the road near a big park, and it would kick off all over the place on the underground, it was just how it was!!

to be honest in them days all london clubs loved coming to leicester cos they knew it would kick off, i can remember going down to london and going to say fulham and fighting with chelsea just up the road near a big park, and it would kick off all over the place on the underground, it was just how it was!!

I remember the Fulham game, we won 1-0 Wilson I think scored, could be wrong though, great day out!

We almost went down that year as well!

I remember the Fulham game, we won 1-0 Wilson I think scored, could be wrong though, great day out!

yes was a good day apart from our coach doing a runner, had to dive on another one to get back!! lol.

Getting my seasons wrong again the game I went to was in 1983 we went up that season Fulham finished 4th-that was the season when Derby did us a favour by beating them in the last day of the season!

Went on the coach in 78 when we nearly went down!

I remember going to watch Chelsea play a few seasons ago at Stamford Bridge and that was the first time I heard that they sing about us. At the time I had no idea why but now it makes sense.

glad to hear us old timers have some uses, lol lol lol, i did 15 years home and away79 onwards , only missed a handfull of games in that time, oops and a few more cos of a ban, ssshhhh dont tell anyone.

It was the infamous home game in the old Second Division on April 5th 1980

In those days before segregation

Segregation was well in place by then, wasn't it? Just erratically enforced - or am I just going senile?

It seems to kick off a few times against Chelsea.

Wasnt there an incident a few years back in the cup, at chelsea?

I think it was the one the ref cost us the game, i watched it on sky and saw all leicester fans running on the pitch and fighting with the chelsea fans and the camera panned away and the commentator said 'we wont view that, we dont need this in football' or something along them lines.

sadly football is nothing but a footnote for the hooligan nobbers nazi's or not

Archived