Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FleckneyFox

Lee Cox

Has joined Eric Odhiambo at Inverness on a one year deal. Good luck to him, I always thought he'd get a crack at the first team here.

Best of luck to him, i'm sure there was rumours he would have a chance of first team football this season here too.

When fully fit I've always quite rated the lad. He'll tackle anyone, his marking is usually sound, he passes the ball simply and has always looked a good un when we've needed him as in the Academy play-off final. I just felt he lacked a bit of pace and invention. Inverness offers him an opportunity. Better at right back but seems to have played more in midfield.

It would appear if your face doesn't fit at the Club it doesn't matter how good you are.

Been reading a few reports about Ian Holloway who has stated that he cant wait to play against Leicester with his new Blackpool side. (Wonder how long DJ will want to stay now).

In my opinion Holloway was the best and worst thing that has happened to City for years. The worst thing was he got us relegated which in turn has turned out to be a blessing in disguise (the best thing).

We now have a squad of players that has got used to winning games, and won a trophy. We have a manager that is tactically aware and has got the blend between experience and youth just about right.

I say just about right because did anyone see the Bulgaria v Republic of Ireland game on Saturday.

KISHISHEV, yes Kishishev same player the club decided wasn't good enough for League 1 was the man of the match. Played out of position at left back, he was strong in the tackle, read the game brilliantly and rarely gave the ball away when in possession and used it to good effect.

For some reason the plethora of City managers didn't fancy him as a player. I think that anyone who plays for their country in a world cup qualifier against decent opposition and in the same side as Berbatov and Petrov can't be a bad player.

Kish also played in the away leg at right back. He is captain of his new team Litex who have just won the Bulgarian Cup where he plays in midfield which suggests to me that the man is versatile and can play in midfield and defence exactly the type of experienced player needed in a relatively young squad.

An injury to Oakley last season would have left us with a pretty inexperienced midfield or a centre forward playing wide left (Hayles). We let Kish go without giving him a chance to prove what he can do (far more than I suspect we will get from Clemence). Shame it seems we are going to let Kisnorbo leave too soon as well.

Unlucky, why would any young lad want to love in Inverness? :unsure:

Surely there was a team south of the border that would take him.

I assume you ment live in Inverness. Well on the football front you will find Terry Butcher a much respected former England captain as boss, with Maurice Malpas a former Scottish international defender as his assistant ,who, when together have had fair bit of success in Scottish football when at Motherwell. They can't be blamed for relegation as it was the previous managment team who ran the club into the ground. In fact the stats show in Butchers 15 games in charge , we showed top 6 form, only being relegated on last day of the season, with the highest points total of any team ever to be relegated from SPL. Lee Cox will probably get a 1st team football regularly, he will be in with a chance of winning something (1st division and Challenge cup(cup comp for div 1,2,3))if he is any good he will be idolised by a friendly bunch of fans.

Inverness itself is a wonderful place and as the song goes," Oh Inverness is wonderful, its got a bridge and a castle, oh Inverness is wonderful" Plenty bars and clubs for a young man. Inverness is a young mans dream, suprisingly, lots of good looking girls, students. Plenty of activities away from football, golf, cycling,hill walking, water sports, skiing all in the most beautiful scenery. Nairn (20minutes away) has 5-6 miles of amazing white fine sandy quiet beaches. You can go on dolphin viewing boat trips from near the middle of the city. Airport is only 10/15 min from town and you can fly to most major airports in England in about 1-2 hours. People are amongst the friendliest you will find anywhere.

Just one downside is that it is too near to a place called Dingwall but he will only need to go there twice a season

On a personal note, hi :wave: to Jeff the Business post lorry driver, hope you are well

It would appear if your face doesn't fit at the Club it doesn't matter how good you are.

Been reading a few reports about Ian Holloway who has stated that he cant wait to play against Leicester with his new Blackpool side. (Wonder how long DJ will want to stay now).

In my opinion Holloway was the best and worst thing that has happened to City for years. The worst thing was he got us relegated which in turn has turned out to be a blessing in disguise (the best thing).

We now have a squad of players that has got used to winning games, and won a trophy. We have a manager that is tactically aware and has got the blend between experience and youth just about right.

I say just about right because did anyone see the Bulgaria v Republic of Ireland game on Saturday.

KISHISHEV, yes Kishishev same player the club decided wasn't good enough for League 1 was the man of the match. Played out of position at left back, he was strong in the tackle, read the game brilliantly and rarely gave the ball away when in possession and used it to good effect.

For some reason the plethora of City managers didn't fancy him as a player. I think that anyone who plays for their country in a world cup qualifier against decent opposition and in the same side as Berbatov and Petrov can't be a bad player.

Kish also played in the away leg at right back. He is captain of his new team Litex who have just won the Bulgarian Cup where he plays in midfield which suggests to me that the man is versatile and can play in midfield and defence exactly the type of experienced player needed in a relatively young squad.

An injury to Oakley last season would have left us with a pretty inexperienced midfield or a centre forward playing wide left (Hayles). We let Kish go without giving him a chance to prove what he can do (far more than I suspect we will get from Clemence). Shame it seems we are going to let Kisnorbo leave too soon as well.

Some excellent points made there, I completely agree with the comments about Kish, he was one player we shouldn't have released imo but no manager at city ever let him have a real chance to shine instead preffering Clem or Weso and look where that got us. Kish used to play right back for Charlton I believe so yes he is a versatile player, something which we lack at present. His experience would have helped, like Alan S said, if any of our more experienced midfielders became injured or suspended and I've always thought Kish could have been a better player for us than Clem is or ever will be.

Great first post :appl:

Some cracking points and I also think that Kishishev should have been given a second chance, but at the end of the day I think it was more him wanting to go though.

Jsust like we didn't use Stearman as a centre-back or Kingy in midfield under Holloway we never found a slot for Kishishev and because of that he was never really match fit.

Whenever he played for the reserves he was full of enthusiasm and the rest of the team responded and played well around him. Why we ever signed him is hard to understand given how little we used him but then that was typical of City at the time. Rarely have I seen so much money wasted.

• 4 weeks later...

<h1 class="Headline">Cox overcomes accident to make Inverness debut</h1> By Stephen Kasiewicz

Published: 10/07/2009

CALEY Thistle midfielder Lee Cox thought his season was over before it began after seriously injuring his hand in an accident at his home in Leicester.

The 19-year-old cut a number of tendons in his left hand after falling into a glass table just two weeks before he was to join Inverness for pre-season training.

After spending a week in hospital the former Leicester City reserve player was given the all clear to travel north and scored on his debut as the Caley Jags defeated Clachnacuddin 6-1 in their first pre-season friendly at Grant Street Park on Tuesday night.

The teenager had his hand heavily bandaged as Caley Thistle eased to victory and is hopeful the wound will heal before the season proper begins at the start of next month.

He said: “I was playing with my four-year-old nephew Joe at home and we have a glass table in the middle of the living room.

“I slipped and tried to break my fall but I smashed my hand through the table – it was a bit of a mess from there.

“I cut all the tendons in my hand and it has been a slow recovery.”

<h1 class="Headline">Cox overcomes accident to make Inverness debut</h1> By Stephen Kasiewicz

Published: 10/07/2009

CALEY Thistle midfielder Lee Cox thought his season was over before it began after seriously injuring his hand in an accident at his home in Leicester.

The 19-year-old cut a number of tendons in his left hand after falling into a glass table just two weeks before he was to join Inverness for pre-season training.

After spending a week in hospital the former Leicester City reserve player was given the all clear to travel north and scored on his debut as the Caley Jags defeated Clachnacuddin 6-1 in their first pre-season friendly at Grant Street Park on Tuesday night.

The teenager had his hand heavily bandaged as Caley Thistle eased to victory and is hopeful the wound will heal before the season proper begins at the start of next month.

He said: “I was playing with my four-year-old nephew Joe at home and we have a glass table in the middle of the living room.

“I slipped and tried to break my fall but I smashed my hand through the table – it was a bit of a mess from there.

“I cut all the tendons in my hand and it has been a slow recovery.”

These footballers will insist on glass tables. They may look nice but can be lethal. Let that be a lesson to him.

These footballers will insist on glass tables. They may look nice but can be lethal. Let that be a lesson to him.

Too right, playing near it with his 4-year old nephew as well!

Archived