Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bigneville

Simon Cox & Chris Wood

This isn't a thread based upon a source linked with Leicester City.

I have a couple of contacts at West Brom Fc. And they have confirmed that Derby County have made approaches for loaning Chris Wood or Simon Cox. Neither are rejected at the minute.

Worth Leicester trying to get involved to add another striker to the squad????

I have a couple of contacts at West Brom Fc. And they have confirmed that Derby County have made approaches for loaning Chris Wood or Simon Cox. Neither are rejected at the minute.

Should really be in here - http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=65965&pid=1669197&st=820entry1669197

but as it's the last day and every one seems to be posting anything that's going will let it ride.

nipped down the training ground about an hour ago with my lad to see if we could see the players training but no players there but there was a nice audi there with cox on the plate dont know if this was anything to do with that just seems a bit of a coincidence.

nipped down the training ground about an hour ago with my lad to see if we could see the players training but no players there but there was a nice audi there with cox on the plate dont know if this was anything to do with that just seems a bit of a coincidence.

Maybe he was bringing apples in :crylaugh:

He does drive audi Q7

http://www.football-league.co.uk/features/20090511/45-seconds-with-simon-cox_2249035_1654671

45 SECONDS WITH SIMON COX

Posted on: 11.05.2009

45 SECONDS WITH SIMON COX

Name: Simon Cox

Date of birth: 28/4/1987

Club: Swindon Town

Position: Striker

What car do you drive?

Audi Q7.

First car?

MG ZR. It kept breaking down.

Favourite Film?

Boyz in the Hood. I love hip-hop and rap and it's a classic.

Favourite TV programme?

Friends and 24. I'm massively into 24 at the moment. It's class.

Favourite band?

Oasis in their early years - not so much now. They have just got older and everybody is now into R&B and soul and not so much other music genres.

Most expensive item you've bought?

I've just bought a belt for £200 to celebrate how well I've done this season.

Do you do DIY?

Not really. I leave that to people who know what they're doing. I'm one of those people that gets really annoyed if something is not level.

Perfect woman - apart from wife/girlfriend?

It would be a mixture of Jessica Alba and Sarah Harding.

The lads are over for dinner, what do you cook?

I do enjoy cooking and being James Martin for the evening. My speciality at the moment is steak with mushroom and brandy sauce, which is out of a Jamie Oliver or Gordon Ramsay book. But when the lads come round I don't cook for them. If it's a boys night there will probably be poker going on and we will get a takeaway - pizza or a Chinese.

If you were the manager of the club, who would you sign?

Kaka. He is just an unbelievable player. The ball just sticks to him.

Best mate in football?

Lloyd Owusu, who's on loan at Brighton at the moment. I've known Lloyd for a few years. He was at Reading with me and ever since he left we have kept in contact and speak all the time.

Room mate on tour?

I've had three this season - Hasney Aljofee at the start of the season, Michael Timlin in the middle and then Jamie Vincent at the end. I would have to say Michael Timlin was the best. He is fun to be around and is quite quiet and keeps himself to himself. We also like to watch the same stuff on TV.

Best prank on tour?

When we were in Austria on a pre-season tour we had to ride bikes to training. If you were late or one of the last you didn't have a bike because there were 15 bikes for about 20 players. So one day four or five of us took two bikes each and hid the rest, which meant that the rest of the players had to run down to training. They were all late and, as soon as they stepped on to the pitch, they had to go straight into a training session.

If you weren't a footballer, what would you be?

I'd try and become a singer. I think I'm pretty good. On the karaoke I usually sing a Neil Diamond song - Forever in Blue Jeans or Sweet Caroline.

Most embarrassing moment in football?

At Reading one of the rituals is that you have to stand up and sing in front of the players when you make your debut. I thought I was a good singer until I did a rendition of Walking in Memphis and they hammered me from start to finish.

Best goal you've ever scored?

There was one in pre-season that was quite good but it was probably the one against Walsall when I pulled a long ball down with my first touch and volleyed it into the goal with my second. I've probably watched that on YouTube around 100 times. I often watch it before games because it puts into your mind what you are capable of doing.

Best stadium you've played at?

There was a stadium in Korea that we played in on a pre-season tour when I was at Reading that held around 60-70,000 and was very nice.

Golf handicap?

I play off 10. I'm one of the better ones at the club but Blair Sturrock plays off scratch. He could be a professional if he wanted.

Life after football?

I'm hoping to emigrate to Spain so that I can relax and enjoy the rest of my life. I wouldn't mind doing a bit of punditry on Sky Sports, sitting in a chair and talking rubbish about other people.

Best freebie you've ever had?

All my games of golf. I will play anywhere that is free.

Worst dresser at your club?

Craig Easton. He has got a little Dolce and Gabbana jumper that he bought when he was six! He still thinks it fits him. It's a little bit short and a little bit tight.

For all the latest news on Swindon Town please click here

Derby are about to sign Chris Wood

Archived