Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterboi

Connolly..

Having been away for a while i have now arrived back on the scene of FoxesTalk. However, for me my first bit of news i wish to break is not a happy one. As most of you will agree Connolly would have been vital this year for our promotion push. But i have spoken to an old coach of mine who is now at the academy. I saw him at the Celtic match in the Club lounge and he told me that Connolly is not happy at Leveins lack of progress in the transfer market and believes we are a long way off of having a squad capable of competing for promotion. This would make sense as to why Connolly wasnt in the squad on Tuesday night. He is reported to have been injured but i am now in the know that Southampton are said to be interested in him and after the departure of Crouch and several other strikers, it is all now seemingly coming together.

I would be devastated to see him go and anything less than 1.5million is a shocking peice of business by CL.

:( :( :(

Dont Go Connolly!!

This rumour certainly has more credence than most rumours started on here. Levein was more than enthusiastic about the De Vrie-Dublin partnership (which is a little worrying to be honest) and didn't really give a full explanation of Connolly's absence. A 'slight injury' - how vague can you get? And missing the chance to play against Celtic because of a sligh injury isn't the sort of thing you'd expect from a pro footballer.

I hope it's not true, but it does make sense.

And missing the chance to play against Celtic because of a sligh injury isn't the sort of thing you'd expect from a pro footballer.

141492[/snapback]

However I would expect caution from a manager during pre-season, as a slight injury can turn into a major one easily, and what for?

I think there could well be something in this. We know Connolly's chequered past and Levein is certainly not one to have wrong 'uns around. Look how quickly he got rid of Keown.

Personally I don't think this would be the worst thing in the world but we would desperately need to get a top top quality centre-forward in as you get the feeling Dion and MDV (but Dion especially due to his age) will both miss sections of this season with little knocks. And it would leave us temporarily without a striker of the sort of energy that Connolly gives us.

Oh wait, I forgot...

Lee Morris :mellow:

If we let Connolly go i'll be ****in seething. I find this very hard to believe, I know Conners had a reputation of shooting his mouth off before he came here but he's been as good as gold all last season.

Use your common sense Levein, he's one of the best strikers in the division.

If there was anything missing up front in the Celtic game, it was definatley a lack of pace and energy. I always thing the big man - little man combination works best.

Dion and de-vries are both the bigman part of the combo !!!

Lets hope connolly stays.

CONNOLLY CONNOLLY CONNOLLY CONNOLLY CONNOLLY CONNOLLY CONNOLLY

That will do the trick, he's staying.

I hope this isn't true but it makes sense. This kind of behaviour isn't unlike Connolly and I'm always sceptical when a player is left out the squad at the last minute due to a 'slight injury'.

If we got £1m for him, does anyone think we could get a better striker for that?

I hope this isn't true but it makes sense. This kind of behaviour isn't unlike Connolly and I'm always sceptical when a player is left out the squad at the last minute due to a 'slight injury'.

If we got £1m for him, does anyone think we could get a better striker for that?

141529[/snapback]

He is injured at the minute, he picked up a knock in Norway I remember reading it somewhere. That doesn't mean he's not said what he's said, but I imagine alot of players say things behind the scenes that we never get to hear about but how many players get shipped out because of one comment?

For a £1 million we could bring in someone very handy, but we'd need 2 strikers if Conners wen't and I'd be distraught if he did.

I'd be pissed off if he left, would be a huge backward step.

Considering how Levein judged him on the phone in a while back i'd be pretty surprised, unless something has happened behind the scenes. But yeah, gutted if he goes.

Tbh Connolly didn't sound very impressed with the amount of running and the amount of young lads that were training with the first team at the start of pre-season. He was interviewed on Leicester City World and he said something like "This is the most running I've done in a pre-season and I'd like to see the balls out soon" and said something about the amount of academy players plugging the gaps for senior players.

Personally, if he doesn't believe we have a chance of promotion then he can go if he wants. Remember, last season he left West Ham and rejected Sunderland because he felt he had a better chance of promotion with us. Look which teams went up last season. Not us. His opinion doesn't mean much to me.

After all the positivies so far if Connolly goes this will be a HUGE backward step, Dublin was cream-crackered after 80 mins in a FRIENDLY so unless Levein has a player lined up who is as good as Conners this will be a huge mistake!

141555[/snapback]

Levein won't let him leave without replacing him. He's already got his eye on atleast one striker as everyone knows but I'm sure he's got another two in his mind incase he doesn't get his main target. This way he may be able to bring in two of his targeted strikers not just one.

I for one am very worried about this news and am desperate for it to come to a conclusion so it doesnt falter our pre season preparations. I am wanting to go and watch my cousin train who is on a trial at the academy and i will no doubt see my source..... I will report back asap.

I for one am very worried about this news and am desperate for it to come to a conclusion so it doesnt falter our pre season preparations. I am wanting to go and watch my cousin train who is on a trial at the academy and i will no doubt see my source..... I will report back asap.

141560[/snapback]

If your cousins training at Belvoir Drive, the first team should be training there now so see if Connolly's there training and if Gilbert's there possibly?

woah, if he went i would have serious doubts in the goal scoring unless we replaced him with some one better than him, because he scores alot of goals... but if we got 1 million for him i am sure we could get some one for that price, a good goal scorer... if this money came round earlier... LEEEERROOOOOY LIIIITTTTAAA!

Archived