Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ultra

HANG THE DJ

Amid all the flak that's flying after yet ANOTHER home defeat one player seems to have emerged virtually unscathed - ironically the one player whose arrival was supposed to bring more firepower to the team.

I've seen Campbell in a City shirt on three occasions and he's been seriously unconvincing in all of them. Despite having a stack of chances he's still to pop his scoring cherry.

Some apologists may claim he was only denied against Blackpool by quality goalkeeping. But a £1.6 million pound buy in this league shouldn't need to be given the benefit of the doubt. A sharper striker (Fryatt perhaps?) might have given the keeper less chance.

He also needs to work on his attitude. Many on here noted the incident when young Joe Mattock played a seventy yard back pass. What went largely unseen was Campbell, the player in front of him, turning his back on Mattock and making no kind of run into space whatsoever. This behaviour, clearly designed to undermine and belittle a team-mate, would have been barely tolerable at under-10 level. For it to happen in a professional game in front of 27000 paying punters is an absolute disgrace.

There was another instance late in the game where De Vries and Rachubka collided while chasing a high cross. The ball ran loose but Campbell couldn't take advantage because he wasn't even in the box. Quality strikers develop a sense of anticipation, but Campbell has yet to show us he has this.

An article in the national media this week branded Campbell the worst Championship signing of the summer. For his sake, and that of the manager who signed him, that had better not be true.

Amid all the flak that's flying after yet ANOTHER home defeat one player seems to have emerged virtually unscathed - ironically the one player whose arrival was supposed to bring more firepower to the team.

I've seen Campbell in a City shirt on three occasions and he's been seriously unconvincing in all of them. Despite having a stack of chances he's still to pop his scoring cherry.

Some apologists may claim he was only denied against Blackpool by quality goalkeeping. But a £1.6 million pound buy in this league shouldn't need to be given the benefit of the doubt. A sharper striker (Fryatt perhaps?) might have given the keeper less chance.

He also needs to work on his attitude. Many on here noted the incident when young Joe Mattock played a seventy yard back pass. What went largely unseen was Campbell, the player in front of him, turning his back on Mattock and making no kind of run into space whatsoever. This behaviour, clearly designed to undermine and belittle a team-mate, would have been barely tolerable at under-10 level. For it to happen in a professional game in front of 27000 paying punters is an absolute disgrace.

There was another instance late in the game where De Vries and Rachubka collided while chasing a high cross. The ball ran loose but Campbell couldn't take advantage because he wasn't even in the box. Quality strikers develop a sense of anticipation, but Campbell has yet to show us he has this.

An article in the national media this week branded Campbell the worst Championship signing of the summer. For his sake, and that of the manager who signed him, that had better not be true.

:blink:

You wasted that much time?

Thats some strange stuff right there! He obviously is behind in pre-season as he didn't even start against Pompey and wasn't deemed fit to start today. He also went straight to the right-hand side when he came on but as the game went on, he still did well and got into some decent positions. Of course we need goals from him but before we start threads called "Hang the DJ", lets see him have the opportunity to have a run in the side to score goals.

:doh:

This is really angering me now. Thinking back to the Birmingham and Preston games at the end of last season and still we have to put up with absolute shit like this. "Hang the DJ" for f**k's sake. You should be ashamed of yourself.

True, but the Mattock point is interesting and I want an explanation.

It's fairly clear that D J has plently of skill, you say that you have seen him in three matches.

Sure he may not have scored but to compare his ability to Elvis Hammond is simply ludacris.

I mean after what 35 minutes of a competitive fixture.

I've not been posting on this forum long but I dread to think what you were like last season.

lol

Reminds me of a few people around me today saying " We want our Leicester back"

Some people are simply too hard to please.

Ive not long got in so didn't see MOTD tonight but are people going to tell me that every new signing played well for there new sides yesterday??!! People think that this is like playing Championship Manager where you can buy 12 players and they can start playing fantasy football from the get-go!

Ive not long got in so didn't see MOTD tonight but are people going to tell me that every new signing played well for there new sides yesterday??!! People think that this is like playing Championship Manager where you can buy 12 players and they can start playing fantasy football from the get-go!

Well the new premiership signings are playing amongst other quality players in most circumstances, so to expect quality straight the way from our new players is stupid.

I would hope to see us playing at a higher standard after 5 games maximum.

However I would like a result away at Palace on Saturday.... Can't wait. :D

I think Dj campell should be criticised for todays performane. he was lethargic, didn't show a great attitude and could of bagged a couple iif he had just been more alert ,which i felt fryatt would have done. however thats not to write him off as thats ludicrous. its 1 game.

I think Dj campell should be criticised for todays performane. he was lethargic, didn't show a great attitude and could of bagged a couple iif he had just been more alert ,which i felt fryatt would have done. however thats not to write him off as thats ludicrous. its 1 game.

He isnt fully fit! As i said before, he didn't start against Pompey or this one. He may even be carrying a niggling injury, who knows but he certainly isnt fully fit otherwise he`d have started a game by now.

This is really angering me now. Thinking back to the Birmingham and Preston games at the end of last season and still we have to put up with absolute shit like this. "Hang the DJ" for f**k's sake. You should be ashamed of yourself.

I think "hang the DJ" is only a play on words from the Smiths song "Hang the DJ, hang the dj hang the dj la la la la la la lala", dont think he ment "hang the DJ" :blink::S

Might give the kop someting to sing about :ph34r:

He isnt fully fit! As i said before, he didn't start against Pompey or this one. He may even be carrying a niggling injury, who knows but he certainly isnt fully fit otherwise he`d have started a game by now.

If he wasn't fully fit, why did fryatt not come on instead then, who is fully fit. however claiming he is not fully fit seems like a lame excuse for me. If he cant work hard for 30 minutes of a match i quite frankly think thats a disgrace, he did some pre season with blues and around 3 weeks with us now. there shouldn't be an excuse for not being fit at this point!

I wouldn't say he's the worst Championship signing of the summer but it looks like he's gonna come a close second to Carl Cort.

We should expect 20+ goals for the fee paid I think he'll fall well short of that.

It's not DJs fault he didn't set the fee but I think on this occasion MA let his heart rule his head.

I do however believe that get the pair together and they could be a very good strike partnership but I just can't see Cort being able to put in a 4 or 5 game run without being sidelined :(

Yeah! Let's pick on the bloke who hasn't scored in twenty-five minutes of competitive football for us!

You really are a knobcheese. DJ Campbell didn't set the transfer fee did he? Let's get behind him and maybe he can be the goalscorer we desperately need. F**k's sake.

What is the collective noun for knobcheese, I wonder.

Knobcheesii? :dunno:

I really expected better than this from Ultra. Honestly.

What is the collective noun for knobcheese, I wonder.

Knobcheesii? :dunno:

I really expected better than this from Ultra. Honestly.

It is a bit early to be calling him the new Akinbiyi but MA has put a price on his head and he is expected to come up with the goods!

I'm tempted to say if he doesn't come up with the goods let's hope MA doesn't try and justify the signing by persevering with him!

...................there I've said it :rolleyes:

We were piss poor for large parts of yesterdays game but I think the main reason we didn't score later on with Hume, MDV, DJ even Weso was because of anxiety, over zealousness, trying to hard whatever you want to call it. Some may view that as lacking professionalism but is no reason to be calling for the culling of players, MDV or DJ just yet.

MA needs to get the balance right, getting the midfield operating smoothly and effectively and instil a sense of control and calmness, we've now got players capable of taking control of the game, unlike previous years.

Oh and finally to tell our goalkeeper to stop hoofing and be a bloody site quicker releasing the ball to the defenders/midfielders who were crying out for it.

Yeah! Let's pick on the bloke who hasn't scored in twenty-five minutes of competitive football for us!

You really are a knobcheese. DJ Campbell didn't set the transfer fee did he? Let's get behind him and maybe he can be the goalscorer we desperately need. F**k's sake.

I'm going to be a prat, but I'm going to suggest that however untimely Ultra's post is, it is a million times more constructive and as real as it gets compared to this:

Errmmm.........the paid to play football, not talk. What was there to talk about........So James you having a roast dinner tomorrow? Get a grip. rolleyes.gif

Sometimes I find people on this forum are scared to argue.

Yours truthfully

Prat

Panic on the streets of London

Panic on the streets of Birmingham

I wonder to myself

Could life ever be sane again ?

The Leeds side-streets that you slip down

I wonder to myself

Hopes may rise on the Grasmere

But Honey Pie, you're not safe here

So you run down

To the safety of the town

But there's Panic on the streets of Carlisle

Dublin, Dundee, Humberside

I wonder to myself

Burn down the disco

Hang the blessed DJ

Because the music that they constantly play

IT SAYS NOTHING TO ME ABOUT MY LIFE

Hang the blessed DJ

Because the music they constantly play

On the Leeds side-streets that you slip down

Provincial towns you jog 'round

Hang the DJ, Hang the DJ, Hang the DJ

HANG THE DJ, HANG THE DJ, HANG THE DJ

HANG THE DJ, HANG THE DJ

HANG THE DJ, HANG THE DJ

HANG THE DJ, HANG THE DJ

HANG THE DJ, HANG THE DJ

HANG THE DJ, HANG THE DJ

HANG THE DJ, HANG THE DJ

HANG THE DJ

:appl: Enough said

A few cameos, he's not even fit yet. His first run with the ball was promising and dangerous.

I'm giving this team 2 months at least before I even begin to question them (other than the glaring things like the lack of wingers). For fcuks sake we need to be behind the team, not coming out with crap like this.

Archived