Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

fox_up_north

Member
  • Posts

    4,583
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by fox_up_north

  1. Ha. That's got them nervous as hell. Anything that gets UEFA or FIFA worried is probably a good thing. There's absolutely no way they'd ban English clubs from competition. They're the ones the Asian market pays to see.
  2. He went to the same fairground as Tom Hanks and made a wish he was big
  3. That's certainly a choice. Journos defo need to ask why he's leaving attacking talent on the bench
  4. 11.5k split into 2, through the Peak district. Had a little swim in the middle. Water was cold and shocked the system but it worked wonders. All set for another half next weekend.
  5. Baba was fine. I've got family links with Nigeria and work with London-based Africans. He's representative of that style of dry but positive comedy. It will be a real test of Jack Dee's ability to stay in character.
  6. I've got my thermal bottoms on and it's early September. Last Friday it was good enough for t shirt and shorts. MAKE YOUR MIND UP, WEATHER.
  7. It's crazy that if I was an international footballer, I could choose to represent Ireland because my grandad was born there yet he still moved to England at the age of 2 and supports England.
  8. I predict zero consequences for Man City. Maybe some fines and point docking but no actual consequences.
  9. We'll be in the championship so probably viable
  10. I've had my previous injuries and weaknesses flare up this week due to the constant change. It feels like early winter today. Madness.
  11. Tbf he didn't give himself his contract. If I was offered that much to do sod all, I'd take it
  12. BUT OH NO WE DON'T WANT ANOTHER LEICESTER
  13. Those are early bird offers. They're not "dynamic pricing" as ticketmaster do. Early bird offers are clear and state "buy before X date for X price. Anything after is Y price". The customer is aware of everything in place. Dynamic pricing, as used by ticketmaster, is about manipulation and changing the price you signed up for at the checkout.
  14. I suppose the problem with limits and the nasty psychology of "dynamic pricing" is if you took two people. Person A is told 2 days ahead of sale date that tickets will be £300. They have a clear head with which to make a decision to buy or walk away. Person B is told 2 days ahead of sale date that tickets will be £120. They queue for hours, building up excitement but also fear that the longer they wait, the fewer tickets there are. After 4 hours of waiting, they are told the tickets left are £300. They are not in the same mindset and can feel pressured to just pay. I used to know a psychologist who worked for a betting company and all these big firms will absolutely have done testing to work out what is the maximum they can extract. This includes manipulation, which is what dynamic pricing is.
  15. No. The veil of false dislike between them has long since gone, so just crack on with the show. Alex's character is quite annoying these days.
  16. I did the maths and I could get about 10 games of my local non league for the cost of ticket+travel+membership of 1 City game this year. Or 4 games of my local League One side.
  17. Considering Copenhagen for a few days in October half term, as you can also get a direct train over to Malmo. Anyone been?
  18. Had missed that. Good news.
  19. So they're gonna twiddle their thumbs for a season? Absolute worst they can do is use them together in the cups. Even if it's only 3 games then give them a couple of league fixtures.
  20. Cooper won't get dropped. They've stumped up for the contract. The other thing that slightly bothers me is the board have now had a relegation and bounce back. That may actually make them more arrogant that when we go down again we come straight back up and I really don't think they appreciate last season.
  21. This one gets me. I was at the game last season where he appeared and he had the same type of cancer that unexpectedly took my dad this time last year. What thoroughly unpleasant news to wake up to.
  22. Posted my PB park run today - 25:37. The weather was so glorious out that I went and did a slow 10k in the sun. Eyeing up 2-4 halfs before Feb and then a marathon next year.
  23. On what planet does Chelsea getting Sancho make sense?
  24. Have we done any odds-on to score goals jokes yet?
×
×
  • Create New...