Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

fox_up_north

Member
  • Posts

    4,583
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by fox_up_north

  1. Saw Coady running into that right space when he went forward, with wingers pulling back. Really good stuff but I do wonder why put him at RB if half his job is move forward. Either leave him in the midfield or tell him to stay back. I remained to be convinced by wingbacks running inside midfield.
  2. Sat near SK1 and boy are those UFS lads making a difference. Night and day compared to the last few seasons. Lovely bit of handbags outside East stand from some West Brom. Proper "hold me back" stuff.
  3. I think the comparisons to 1920s Prohibition are unjustified. The Temperance Movement of the time didn't reflect the whole of the US. Some of it pit Protestant/ Puritan values in the south against more Catholic influences in the North East. There was no real national consensus on alcohol and the Volstead Act had mixed success. Where states remained largely dry, they were culturally more inclined to do so. Some states bad prohibition statutes on the books, in some form, for years after 1930. This attempted ban is part of a long, broader cultural trend against smoking. Rates are very, very low but I would say that I don't think the ban itself will change things. As others have said, better to tax it and just keep it as a social pariah. Education is always better than restriction.
  4. Honestly I really don't think this goes anywhere. The US and the world has publicly told Israel to back off, the money has just been voted through for Ukraine and I would suspect there's a lot of eyes being rolled around the world. It's proper "I had the last laugh" stuff.
  5. I really thought the city was on the up about 15 years ago. I thought it was crap when I was in my early teens but it looked to be improving. Then it all just sort of stalled.
  6. Jon is right. We elect party not PM and the Tories, as are any party, are in their right to play musical chairs with leaders. If we want that to change, such as a GE when a leader resigns/ is ousted/ dies, then we must pressure MPs.
  7. Tbf Real Madrid are not much better, historically
  8. It's vaping they need to control, really. But yes, there is a likelihood it won't work. Education etc is the best way. The thing is tobacco offers no benefit to your body whatsoever. I've seen the argument "booze is unhealthy so will they ban that?". Frankly, a ridiculous argument. I also think a smoking ban in 2024 has different likely outcomes compared to booze in the US in 1920. That was never really enforced even at the top level, as there was evidence drinking was rife. It only really worked in religiously dry states. There was no cultural will for it. However smoking rates are at a borderline all time low in the UK.
  9. In the last 2 weeks I've done 8 and 9 miles around where I live in the Peak. At least 2-3 miles of each run has been up a solid hill. My average pace on my last 9 miler yesterday was the same average I had on my first Half, through Manchester. I'm convinced I can do a 2 hour half. Am I mad? My time last year was 2.17.
  10. They can be very proud of their season and the goal was great. But as others have said - a semi should be at a neutral venue or 2 legs. If we'd taken 1-1 back to KP, we'd have packed it out.
  11. If you're in pain, don't move on it. Book in with GP or physio. Do some hot and cold therapy, then stretches
  12. Stupidly thought this was a 13.30 kick off so did a big run this morn. City winning away? I must be dizzy.
  13. Wow. That video really shows him up. No good striker should be repeatedly missing those chances. Crazy how he can go from bossing a league to being hopeless. It's not the pace of the game or anything, either. He's in the space and ideal position. Must all be mental but that is impossible to fix.
  14. I think it's a mix of - strong links between Iran, Hamas and a bunch of other terrorist organisations - Iran is about as stable as jelly on a boat - people don't generally like Iran because of all the awful things they do to their own people through groups such as the morality police, which have led to uprisings within - Iran's nuclear programme and relationship with Russia In short - nobody really likes Iran.
  15. Fair play to Plymouth getting the three points. Easy game for them really.
  16. Tbf he came with good pedigree and reasonable expectation
  17. NO, DON'T USE ANY PACE
  18. Wouldn't say we've looked decent. We've looked busy. Different thing.
  19. That Monkey's Paw we bought is rubbish
  20. I should have got a lottery ticket. Predicted that.
  21. No, it's the fans who are wrong
  22. Friday afternoon and most people are knocking off work. Where do you think they've ended up?
  23. Really fascinating stuff. I've seen the Soyuz unit and thought "no chance you'd get me in that". The other one is that I think it's generally been accepted for nigh on a thousand years that the earth is round. Ever since we could see stars and the moon. I believe the arguments were over the actual size of the planet. How people can think it's flat is just beyond me.
  24. I don't believe it but the only one I could see having a grain of truth is the moon landings one because of the cold war context. Great bit of PR for the west and it shows strength. If that one ever turned out to be true, I'd be more impressed than the fact they actually landed on the moon. The bit about it being directed by Kubrick is my favourite. I think Diamonds Are Forever referenced it as well.
  25. Grunting but more like groaning. Honestly you'd think he was up to something dodgy.
×
×
  • Create New...